MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I thought I recently saw a program that the phones will still track if off. That only removing the battery will stop the tracking device. Did I fall asleep and miss something vital in this program? LMAO Cuz it is possible.

What is the consensus tech gurus? Could LE be getting signals from these phones and that is why they are searching certain areas?

i remember seeing something in the katelyn markham case where it would stop working either after the battery was removed or it was manually turned off. but i'm not a phone expert. lol.

There are two pointed questions that he gave an answer to - many questions he stated he did not know the answer to, but these 2 questions were answered with a no:

1. Was anything else missing from the house. NO, and he follows up with, but if there were I'm not sure I could tell you. But his answer is no at that time.

2. He is later asked if there were indications that an intruder had been in the home. He specifically answers NO, other than the window appearing to be tampered with.

I will note that we do know when the 911 call came in, now that I review the press conference, the call came in right around 4. But what was not known at that time was at what time the father got home from work. Young was asked if they knew, because at that time media had heard that the father arrived at 4, and Young said that that "might be", but he didn't have exact times when people came and went.

I understand that Capt. Young wouldn't know everything that was occurring in the investigation, but at the same time, cell phones being missing from the home is not a trivial finding in this case. AND, at that point, would be their number one chance to try to track down the baby. So, if we were talking about keys being gone, that's another issue. When we're talking about 3 cell phones any of which could be vital tools in tracking the abductor and finding the baby...that's a whole nother ball of wax. That Steve Young didn't know that information yet, when asked in two different ways, is disturbing.

In this video Captain Young says he did know about the missing phone information, it was told to LE the morning of Lisa's reported disappearance, but that those were details he could not get into at this time.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=114884501

ETA: MOO but Jeremy has body language that is suspicious to me in this video.

Lots of things bother me on this case. But the biggest is, "What loving, concerned, caring Mother only checks on a sick baby ONCE between 7:30 and 10:30 and than not again until hubby comes home at 4 am? The moms I know would have that baby tucked in their arms sleeping with the baby so they could hear every single breath.

I guess the moms I know are just different.

LE would not confirm anything about this alleged call; it was brought out by Fox news and may have been picked up by others media since then, but there are no details on it from LE.

Just speculating, but perhaps LE mainly just wanted Debbie to know they knew about this call, but to officially announce it could get them in hot water regarding legal risks of implying she is a suspect (in the past LE has been sued by people labeled suspects who turned out innocent.)

MOO.

Jayzus, the only thing missing is the garrote.

Now they're saying "windowS" were open.... and lights were on. Yet, somehow it is significant to them that the neighbor knew the code for the garage. And?

Debbie admitted to leaving the front door unlocked - why would the teen go in through the garage? I don't know about anyone else, but my garage opening wakes me up every time my daughter come in late.

I don't know of any manual that states how parents are to act when a child goes missing. My thoughts go back to Susan Smith, she was near hysteria. Then the case began to unraval.

The first I seen DB on TV remided me of the Susan Smith case. I then thought of Patty Wetterling & how she was when Jacob disapeared.

When the parents were on GMA I told DH hopefully they find the baby alive & well. But something still doesn't seem right. Gosh I hope I'm wrong.

Given my experience with my kids, it's not THAT quiet, especially because Lisa is a big baby, and it's reported she slept with a blanket and several stuffed animals. Our baby monitors picked up all my children's breathing, and the slightest rustling could be heard as well and there would be some rustling with as big as lisa is and the stuff in the crib, even if it was just her heels scraping against th3e crib sheet as the person got a good grip on her, you'd have to be super human to be able to pick a baby that big straight into the air and not even the sound of your hands slipping between the baby and the sheets being heard
MOO-maybe i just had very sensitive monitors

I agree, but some baby monitors are more sensitive than others. Also, you can adjust the volume on the monitor in your room. What if mom had the volume turned down on the monitor?

Lots of things bother me on this case. But the biggest is, "What loving, concerned, caring Mother only checks on a sick baby ONCE between 7:30 and 10:30 and than not again until hubby comes home at 4 am? The moms I know would have that baby tucked in their arms sleeping with the baby so they could hear every single breath.

Did Baby Lisa wake up at any time during the hours from 7:30 to 10:30 when DB goes and checks on her before bed? When my babies were that young (and even through toddler age) would wake up often when sick with a cold. It is so uncomfortable for them when sleeping and they can't breathe through their nose.

And, I brought them to bed with me. However, that got them in the habit of sleeping with me until they were 4-5. LOL

To me....it just seemed clear that LE did NOT WANT the info on the cell phones being made public. If you go back through the sequence of events....this whole rift between the parents and LE happened within hours or perhaps even minutes of the parents media interviews where they first talked openly about the phones. If LE did not like them putting out that info then, it seems clear that they would have been purposely not releasing that info themselves on the first day.

i.e. Within hours we have this sequence.... Media interview mentioning phones.....next came "animated" discussion with LE at scene.....next parents drive off in a rush......next parents said to have asked to leave LE interview.....then LE rushed into media conference stating parents stopped cooperating.

jmo

I am right there with you. I saw the same thing go down

Maybe she had a little to much to drink that night... stressed out dealing with two boys, a sick daughter, etc. and fell asleep.. this could also explain why she didn't turn off the lights and lock up the house.

Of course, I don't believe any of what I just wrote.. but.. it could happen.

I think I'm overdosing on WS - was just answering email and, after my friend made a very good point about this case, I looked for the "thanks" button. Gmail doesn't have one. Good grief.

Bet you looked for these too........:floorlaugh::banghead::fence::twocents:

If reports are true and they have a Lawyer take him along so questions are limited to finding Lisa. I just don't understand :banghead:

I don't think LE is all that interested when you show up with an attorney.

If it wasn't an accident or one of the parent's "snapping" over the continuous crying of a sick child, lets talk about what would be a motive for taking that baby?

1. Some sort of revenge, for either parent?
2. A pedophile?
3. Selling of the baby to someone who wanted a child?

I mean, the list of "reasons" is not that long. My guess is LE is talking to friends and family. Whatever has been hidden to us, may be a part of the knowledge LE has by now. JMOO

4. A couple wanted a baby.

I'm not so sure about the 2:30 call, i've read call then text. If it was made then it looks like whoever it was to or from would be questioned and we haven't heard about anything like that. I would think that if the text was true, then DB's brother would have been taken in for intense questioning. I wish LE would confirm or deny it.

Another early article - published Tue, updated Wed, with LE (Young) saying the 2 boys were in a separate bedroom.

Also, first time I see that LE states window probably not point of entry.

Two young brothers also were at home in a separate bedroom, Young said, but were unharmed.

"Originally there was a window on the front of the house that appeared to be tampered with, that's something they were looking at, but we're not really sure if that's the entry point or not," Young said. "That's just a detail. The main point is there is a 10-month-old who isn't where she belongs and we're trying to find that child."

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15613807/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-kansas-city-baby

On the 2 boys being in a separate bedroom, later Deb says one boy was in her bed with her.

And a kitten lol.

I agree, but some baby monitors are more sensitive than others. Also, you can adjust the volume on the monitor in your room. What if mom had the volume turned down on the monitor?

Yep, all baby monitors (that I've seen, at least) have a way to adjust the volume. I think it's entirely possible the volume was turned down, or the monitor was on the wrong channel.

Also, if the intruder noticed the baby monitor, it would be easy for him/her to silence it, turn the volume down, flip the channel on it, or turn it off..thus, the monitor in the moms room would have picked up nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23