CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaw Dropping. Completely jaw dropping. This post should be a sticky for this case.
That is one of the many informative posts that could be linked in the first post of each of Bob's threads. Just an idea...maybe it already is.

Well let's see-it might prevent family members who can be motivated by money from breaking ranks and giving information. But that is the cynical side of me.

Funny thing is, it's like a prisoner's dilemma. Whichever family member comes forward first (and it could likely be only one of three people, none of whom live in Running Springs) is probably going to be the only one to be able to collect on the family trust. The rest, one would imagine, as accessories to or participants in a murder, would be excluded. The trust funds make the reward seem paltry. So, it's really a huge gamble. Stay silent, and one risks losing it all down the road when the other shoe drops. If someone is brave and righteous enough to speak up she will reap the rewards of a substantial inheritance, be able to look herself in the mirror, and sleep better at night.

Can we take a moment to talk about the suit against the BL which the Co Conservators lost?

PB testified, and she was the only one who testified, that neither her father or the co conservators ever made a demand for repayment from BL. She opted to resist the request for the production of the yellow piece of paper where Bob kept a list of monies given to BL because it didnt state anywhere on the document that the money wasnt a gift.

Umm, ok. As a civilian and a non legal eagle, this is pretty perplexing. I mean, this has to be the definition of frivolous, or am I confused? In fact, this strikes me as a colossal waste of time and trust assets. Because you better believe that the money from this action did not come from the pockets of the co conservators.

Sooooo, I spoke with an atty a while ago regarding the civil suit. The perspective of the atty was that the co conservators were attempting to prove due diligence. That they were attempting to collect what they believed to be outstanding money owed to Bob's trust.

Monetary gifts to BL seem like small potatoes from where I am sitting, but surely the audit (if it is completely filed) will shed light on all of the markers being called in.

Due diligence isn't exactly selective, or shouldn't be. Especially when it comes to ones legal fiduciary responsibilities. We'll see if after 2 years they can finally completely file what is required by the court for the audit. Or if this will be more of the target of a timeline, secret handy man job type scenario....

:waiting:

Still no official ID on the remains found in Highland, CA - according to the SB coroners press site.

:waiting:

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

It's interesting to watch daughter J's eye contact.

At one point it looks like she is looking right over the reporters right shoulder- to something behind the reporter.

And when asked about the time, she's clearly surprised by the question.
So surprised, she looks completely away, as if looking at someone straight ahead for some back up confirmation or to gain her composure, before she turns back and answers.

What date was that video from? The day Fontelle returned? Or was that the day following Bob's disappearance while she was dth 'changing the linens'?

I wonder if the reporter (or camera men) noticed if the carpet was damp? Or if it was more humid indoors than usual for a home in Placentia in late July?

Man. That is the first time I have watched any family members talk about his disappearance on video. Wow. It is one thing to have read family member postings on IS and other places- but to put a face and a persona with the words is powerful. IMO Her expressions don't match the words coming out of her mouth.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

At one point it looks like she is looking right over the reporters right shoulder- to something behind the reporter.

So surprised, she looks completely away, as if looking at someone straight ahead for some back up confirmation or to gain her composure, before she turns back and answers.

What date was that video from? The day Fontelle returned? Or was that the day following Bob's disappearance while she was dth 'changing the linens'?

I wonder if the reporter (or camera men) noticed if the carpet was damp? Or if it was more humid indoors than usual for a home in Placentia in late July?
UBBM. BBM.

Not sure when, but clearly before Fontelle returned as near the end, she says that she (or they) is waiting to welcome Bob's new wife (or did she say "bride"?) and hopes that he will return to join them in welcoming her. (Paraphrased)

It is interesting.

<respectfully snipped>

I think it's a soundbite thing.
On another note, everytime I watch that video I am astounded at the facial expressions, the widening eyes, the blinking...

I still dont understand how the next day, after 24 hours of (you would think) rehashing the scenario, they wouldn't have the time straight. Noon-1:00 versus three and change is a HUGE difference.IMO

She doesn't cut the reporter off - the first audio from reporter is a sound bite, and then it cuts to the reporter interviewing JuM. Also, this was filmed Tues, July 28, 2009, the day after Bob disappeared.

Filmed Tuesday, July 28, 2009 in Bob’s house – the day after Bob went missing

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

JuM: “My dad was gone.”

JuM: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

Reporter: “Julie insists her father has never done this. She says his knees are bad – he can barely walk for more than two blocks, is showing signs of dementia, his long lost love Fontelle, is also worried sick, and is anxious to be here with her new family.”

JuM: “Our father means the world to us. More than anything, I want Fontelle to come home to her husband. And um, I just want everybody to embrace this, if they don’t know him, just to even say a prayer that he’ll come home.”

JuM didn’t see Bob much in previous 6 months yet told reporter on July 28th Bob was showing signs of dimentia... FYI, she refers to hairdresser below as POI.

• On Aug 13, 2009, JuM posted on IS that Bob “pushed us away around Christmas, he wanted time to get in touch with his feelings. It hurt all of us, we tried to respect his wishes but I would stop in now and then when I was down the hill and he would be happy to see us.”
    [*]And “This is heartbreaking, the distance he created was so selfish. We found out that he purchased lavish gifts for POI…”
    [*]And “In a nutshell that is what happened until we came down to meet F he wanted us to be an instant family again. The difficult situation of just losing our mother and then D pushing us away was insane. As if our emotions can be shut down and then turned back on in a snap.”

She doesn't cut the reporter off - the first audio from reporter is a sound bite, and then it cuts to the reporter interviewing JuM. Also, this was filmed Tues, July 28, 2009, the day after Bob disappeared.

Filmed Tuesday, July 28, 2009 in Bob’s house – the day after Bob went missing

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

JuM: “My dad was gone.”

JuM: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

Reporter: “Julie insists her father has never done this. She says his knees are bad – he can barely walk for more than two blocks, is showing signs of dementia, his long lost love Fontelle, is also worried sick, and is anxious to be here with her new family.”

JuM: “Our father means the world to us. More than anything, I want Fontelle to come home to her husband. And um, I just want everybody to embrace this, if they don’t know him, just to even say a prayer that he’ll come home.”

[URL]http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front[/URL]

By the way, you'll notice that the SIL JeM is not in the video because he didn't return to Bob's house the next day with his wife JuM. Why? According to another daughter, JeM planned to return the next day to do more work for Bob, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. Does that make sense to anyone?

By the way, you'll notice that the SIL JeM is not in the video because he didn't return to Bob's house the next day with his wife JuM. Why? According to another daughter, JeM planned to return the next day to do more work for Bob, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. Does that make sense to anyone?

I feel that would be ALL THE MORE reason to accompany my wife dth!!!!

I suppose that would make a clear statement about JeM's regard, or lack there-of, for his wife. Her father is missing and he leaves her to face it alone. How selfish and strange.

None, not one bit of sense. In fact it's an incredibly adolescent sounding response, if it is accurate. What makes sense, imo, is he didn't come back to his father in laws home, because he did not want to face reporters or police asking him questions. So instead he leaves his wife to face it alone, and his sisters in law to play clean up for him.

I often wonder how long daughters R and P are going to be willing to play clean up for these two. At some point they are going to say enough, you two clean up your own mess.

Jeff still hasn't clarified the timeline or handy man jobs. If he has nothing to hide, there is not one good reason for not coming forward and clarifying those issues AND insisting on taking a polygraph to have himself cleared so LE move onto the right track. Not that I don't believe LE is not on the right track now.

It's just a matter of time. All the pieces will fall in place and LE will have this case solved. Arrests, a trial, conviction and sentencing. I can't wait for that day, but am willing to be as patient as necessary to see this case come full circle.

Also, I wouldn't say this wording below they included is accurate, as we still don't know the specifics of the "handyman jobs" performed by JeM the afternoon Bob disappeared and what if anything, JuM did when she went down the hill to "change the linens" the day after Bob disappeared.

"81 year old Bob vanished without a trace"

Makes me think someone is trying to exert their Jedi mind tricks: "move along, folks, nothing to see here..."

BBM

I am not an expert. Based solely on my own life experience, that sort of eye movement can happen when someone is coming up with a revision of historical fact.

I've often wondered if the person is unconsciously looking for a way out of having to tell an outright lie or if it's a way of filling up time while they rapidly calculate what the "correct" answer must be.

I don't know.

I do think it's a very primitive gesture and probably hardwired because I've seen video of both chimps and gorillas do the same thing when they are trying to hide something from someone in their social connections. Seeing that on video from chimps and gorillas always gives me a shiver of recognition: they are our cousins, we are not so different from them.

Considering how hot and dry Placentia is, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no difference in the humidity levels but I'd be really curious about how the house smelled.

I dont know if we have visited this story in a while-Lynsie Ekelund's killer pled guilty to a second degree murder charge.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8623302

Nancy never stopped looking for her daughter. She never, ever stopped. She let her home be turned inside out, she opened up her life to investigators so she could be swiftly ruled out from any possible link. She knew who had taken her daughter-we all knew. Nancy is a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan