Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

If this SOB is found NG, it will be the biggest travesty of justice in Canadian history.

OMG!!!!!!

I cannot believe this stuff didn't make it into evidence ... let me be one of the first to say that "I" was wrong in my estimation!!!

I just read Michele Mandel's article in the Sun, disgusting. What a sick person :(

OMG! Was this his mother's computer? If so, how did she not know? I'm not bashing her, I just don't understand how this is possible and then for her to say "My son is innocent". Did LE not tell her about this stuff found on possibly her computer? She may be recanting her "my son is innocent" statement now if she's just finding out. MOO

- His desire for child *advertiser censored* extended back at least to 2006. A hard drive from an old computer found in Rafferty's house contained nine child *advertiser censored* videos, "some with an outwardly coercive element," police reports say.

- He was also interested in adult and bestiality *advertiser censored* and accessed necrophilia websites, including some that showed "apparently deceased bodies left in rural areas," police say. One image was of a dead woman in a field with no clothing from the waist down.

OMG!!!!!!

I cannot believe this stuff didn't make it into evidence ... let me be one of the first to say that "I" was wrong in my estimation!!!

Nobody would be been wrong if the world had known this gardenia ... and the jury could not possibly have difficulty with a verdict. This is on the heads of one damned faulty warrant.

I will feel so sorry for the jury if their finding is wrong.

OMG!!!!!!

Me too, reminds me of the case of the murdered Pickering girl Julie Ann Stanton by Peter John Stark, the jurors had no idea he had stabbed a hitch hiker prior and several other things :(

What a disgusting vile excuse for a human being. I can't believe he has the gall to put Tori's parents through this trial, not to mention waste court resources, tax dollars and all of the time, energy and emotion being spent on this trial.

Effing disgusting. I hope see never sees the light of day again.

I sure hope the jurors see in the car photos the laptop and wonder why there was nothing brought out about it. I know they cannot decide on that fact but it may sway them in their decisions slightly, kwim. I am shock at some of this info coming out now, but not surprised. And this is just the beginning. MOO

CTV Newsnet has reported that, in the days following Tori's murder, MTR had watched the movie "Karla" on his laptop.

What a disgusting vile excuse for a human being. I can't believe he has the gall to put Tori's parents through this trial, not to mention waste court resources, tax dollars and all of the time, energy and emotion being spent on this trial.

Effing disgusting. I hope see never sees the light of day again.

Too bad the laws couldn't be changed to make those found guilty of these crimes, to extend their sentence time for wasting money on a trial. MOO Tack on another 25 years for financial pay back.

I want to extend my deepest sympathies to anyone who feel victim to MR. All those women who he played and took advantage of, I am truly and deeply sorry for the pain and devastation he had left upon your lives. God bless you.

OMG I knew he was 10000000% guilty before this article, but wow... this solidifies everything. I am LIVID! Please do NOT find this scum innocent of anything... please!!!

What the hell ever happened to the concept that the "probative value" of the evidence outweighs the deficiences in the warrant? All i can think is that the evidence would have been so prejudicial to the defendant that he could not have possibly received a fair trial.

A real this creep !!

I am disgusted in believing there was a chance he was duped. I am even more disgusted that our system is so broken that it let TLM out in the first place and then it did not allow that to be in evidence. I just could not wrap my head around what was missing ...

If that wasn't the smoking gun I dont know what is. I am going to church in a few minutes and pray that the Jury gets it right. Then I am going home to shower and cry my eyes out.

Insert an EXTREMELY LARGE LINE of expletives here.
Seriously.
How could they stuff up that warrant?! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSING THAT UP?!

"We have no evidence that he wanted children"
Yes, we do... it was just THROWN OUT.
And now, I am going to THROW UP.

Mike Knoll: At first, a curled up Michael Rafferty whimpers and complains. But then he stares into space, and defies and denies.

At first, the police lean in close to talk soft and caring. But then they lean back in their chairs and taunt.

read the article: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19741811.html

Also from that article:
"What would your mother want you to do in this situation?" Loam asks.

"Get a lawyer," Rafferty replies.

Insert an EXTREMELY LARGE LINE of expletives here.
Seriously.
How could they stuff up that warrant?! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSING THAT UP?!

"We have no evidence that he wanted children"
Yes, we do... it was just THROWN OUT.
And now, I am going to THROW UP.

I can only suppose LE thought that the warrant to search the vehicle was sufficient to search anything that was contained within it.

I feel the need to go a 1000 mile walk in the bush right now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back