Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

I wonder... can these findings on his computer, etc, be used later to charge him with other offences? (such as possession of child *advertiser censored*)

For three months leading to the murder of Victoria 'Tori' Stafford, Michael Rafferty searched the Internet for 'underage rape, real underage rape, real underage rape pictures, pre-teen nude, pre-teen model galleries and nude pre-teen.'

read the article: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19741946.html

Wow. This is one of the most disturbing articles i have read in a long time.

I can't believe the search warrant was not executed properly.

Sick. he is a sick, sick person.
No wonder why Rodney couldn't stand to be in court sometimes.

Come on jury...find this sick guilty. if he gets off, it will be like Holmolka redux.

OMG WHAT A SICK &^*%! I always wondered why nothing was released about his laptop; now I know and I feel absolutely sick. I am so disgusted and this is very telling of whose idea it was to abduct Tori. WTH? Why was this held back from the jurors? It's who MR is and very telling of his mind frame. OMG! MOO

Me too. I assumed there was nothing on the computer. Monster. A Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg... how vile and disgusting.

I am at a serious loss of words esp the fact the warrant was screwed up

I want to extend my deepest sympathies to anyone who feel victim to MR. All those women who he played and took advantage of, I am truly and deeply sorry for the pain and devastation he had left upon your lives. God bless you.

I am sorry for them too, but there's a part of me that's angry after reading those news reports. I'm sorry, but who would continue a relationship with someone who "jokes" about turning their children into gifts??

I'm reminded of the warning about "willful blindness" given to the jury today. I hope this case will serve as a warning to people to take disturbing behavior seriously, especially when it comes to children, and to report violent crime -- if not for justice for yourself, for the protection of others.

Think of how many times people supporting Rafferty have pointed to the fact that he had no criminal record as evidence of his innocence! Doesn't mean much, does it.

He's a pedophile, TLM was the innocent dupe.

TLM a few opportunities to save Tori when MR was not in the car. I don't believe for a second she was an innocent dupe. She is just as involved.

would have been good for the jurors to know this about the rip off:

Many interviewed, including the dealer himself, told how Goris was involved in a deal that shortchanged the dealer $600 for some Oxycontins.

The dealer dismissed any suggestion he'd take a child for any debt, never mind one so small. If he felt that strongly about it, the dealer told police, he'd simply take a baseball bat to the offending party.

Friends interviewed by police described McDonald as too calm considering the circumstances, or in some cases, distracted by other matters. Some questioned why they were raising money for a trust fund.

TLM a few opportunities to save Tori when MR was not in the car. I don't believe for a second she was an innocent dupe. She is just as involved.

Yes she was and she has accepted responsibility for it, I just can't help but wonder how different her life could have turned out had she not met this piece of garbage. MOO

OMG! Was this his mother's computer? If so, how did she not know? I'm not bashing her, I just don't understand how this is possible and then for her to say "My son is innocent". Did LE not tell her about this stuff found on possibly her computer? She may be recanting her "my son is innocent" statement now if she's just finding out. MOO

- His desire for child *advertiser censored* extended back at least to 2006. A hard drive from an old computer found in Rafferty's house contained nine child *advertiser censored* videos, "some with an outwardly coercive element," police reports say.

- He was also interested in adult and bestiality *advertiser censored* and accessed necrophilia websites, including some that showed "apparently deceased bodies left in rural areas," police say. One image was of a dead woman in a field with no clothing from the waist down.

I can't blame his mother, she may have had absolutely no idea.

I just got home to see an article on my local news site. I haven't even read much of it yet. I'm not surprised but still don't have any words appropriate for this board at the moment.

would have been good for the jurors to know this about the rip off:

Many interviewed, including the dealer himself, told how Goris was involved in a deal that shortchanged the dealer $600 for some Oxycontins.

The dealer dismissed any suggestion he'd take a child for any debt, never mind one so small. If he felt that strongly about it, the dealer told police, he'd simply take a baseball bat to the offending party.

Friends interviewed by police described McDonald as too calm considering the circumstances, or in some cases, distracted by other matters. Some questioned why they were raising money for a trust fund.

Even the drug dealer has better morals that the (alleged) child-rapist/killer.

I would guess that Tara seemed calm because:
a) she was self-medicating
b) she doesn't seem the type to get all weepy and hysterical

Even the drug dealer has better morals that the (alleged) child-rapist/killer.

I would guess that Tara seemed calm because:
a) she was self-medicating
b) she doesn't seem the type to get all weepy and hysterical

Oh I wasn't commenting on Tara, just wishing the jurors knew this info, it was something that gave me pause is what I'm saying, and now I know, but what I know is not important, the part I am upset about is the jurors don't know JMO

OMG !!! I shut down the computer to make supper and just came back to check in and find THIS !!! OMG !!! I am SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry with our justice system that evidence like this was withheld from the jury.....preteen google search etc. etc. etc............... I'm in SHOCK !! Back to reading............ OMG !!!! SICK SICK SICK

I am beyond disgusted with what has come out so far, feeling sick to my stomach. Not sure if this has been posted so far, it's not really clear why this woman did not testify:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/05/10/what-the-jury-didnt-hear_n_1507746.html

The jury also did not know that in January 2009 a woman Rafferty met on dating website Plenty of Fish, where he met most of the other women he dated, invited Rafferty over to her house to watch a movie. According to a police complaint, he arrived with an already opened bottle of wine, poured her some, but did not drink any himself.

She told police she started to feel "fuzzy," the room started to spin and Rafferty climbed on top of her on the couch. He started choking her, removing her clothes and tying her hands behind her back, according to the police report, which was cited in court documents. She started vomiting, and Rafferty anally raped her while still choking her, she alleged.

There were no charges laid in the matter.

Yes she was and she has accepted responsibility for it, I just can't help but wonder how different her life could have turned out had she not met this piece of garbage. MOO

JMO I doubt it would be much different JMO, only differnce to me is she is now off the streets, I just wish it had happened before and that poor Tori was still alive JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back