LA LA - Keiosha Felix, 15, Duson, 30 April 2012

I am starting to wonder if Keiosha was not raped then did indeed runaway due to the fact that no one seemed to care and could have had possibly something happen to her then. The suspect could of course had something to do with her disappearance as well. I hate the fact that she was missing since April and something is being done about it now 2 months later. Hopefully someone talks and gives out some sort of information.

It's a shame that all of the bureaucratic, red-tape, bull---- still applies when we're talking about a missing/endangered 15 year old! She's a kid! So infuriating ...

this is awful, she has been missing since late April? OMG.....I sure hope LE gets on it, since they now know they were lied to.
A.C.I. good luck with finding an understanding agent, might try in the evenings or later (new hires might not know the rules yet).
I have also read she has a 1 year old daughter who is now in state custody. This is a truly sad story, her mother is in jail and was a ward of the state...wtf?
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix/

Many years ago, I attended Beauty school with th eaunt that was arrested. I was not suprised or shocked to see her on TV. She was an evil, unhappy girl. She was downright mean in fact. I don't understand how someone could do this(lie and cover up) to their own flesh and blood. But her, I do not doubt.

This is evidently where she was living. She had a weekend pass to visit her family. So few details available...

https://www.thechildrensshelters.org/site303.php

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix/

Duson police serve warrant at home for teenage girls with children
08/01/2012 01:38 PM by Tonya LaCoste
Duson police served a search warrant at Maison de Mere, a home in Lafayette for teenage girls who are pregnant or parenting a child. The warrant was served Monday as part of Duson police's investigation into missing 15-year-old Keiosha Felix. According to Duson Assistant Chief Lt. Gerald Credeur, the purpose was to get copies of Felix's records. Felix lived at Maison de Mere before she disappeared.

Welcome to Websleuths, neg! The article says the warrant is to obtain Keiosha's records from the home. That's a relief because when I read the headline, I was afraid the home was somehow involved, which opened up several nightmare scenarios for me. Serving a warrant for her records leads me to suspect the relatives aren't giving up much information, but I could be totally wrong. MOO

The FBI is involved in the investigation now, and a Crime Stoppers reward will be announced soon.

http://www.katc.com/news/fbi-involved-in-keiosha-felix-case/

You're right. So few details. What happened to this poor girl?

Just bouncing off your post, but what do people expect LE to do? And they're right, if they don't want to be found, there's not much they can do. Running away is not a crime, AFAIK, so they can't pursue the runaway like they would a criminal. Despite all the warnings from parents, teachers, friends, etc., thousands of kids still run away every year, and many of them are never found. How is LE supposed to prevent that? I think people expect too much from them, and tend to put the blame on them when the answers start at home. Why did they run away to start with and what were they running from? What is going on in the home that caused them to want to get away from it? That's what the problem is, IMHO.
BBM...how sad this child has been missing since April and this thread is the first I've heard about her.

TxLady, per my bf who is LE in CA, you are right, running away is not a crime.
If they find a child that has been reported as a runaway they will pick them up. How much time and effort is put into finding a runaway depends on if child is considered at risk.

For instance, if a kid is thought to have been lured away from home by a predator, that is considered a higher priority than a kid that decides to take off because he doesn't want to follow the rules at home.

Sometimes there isn't anything wrong at home. Sometimes, there is a negative outside influence that is manipulating a vulnerable mind, IMO.

I don't think that's going on in this case. I think something has been done to her to keep her from reporting that she was raped.

Did I miss something here...

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix/#fcanchor
Community Coming Together in Search for Keiosha Felix; Vigil Sunday

07/27/2012 09:34 PM by Maddie Garrett
A candlelight vigil for missing Duson teen Keiosha Felix is set for Sunday. Friends, family and community members will gather at 6:00pm at the park in Duson, off of 4th Street. The 15-year-old girl hasn't been seen since April 30, 2012, and three people have been arrested in connection with her disappearance. Two of those suspects are Keiosha's relatives.

Brenda Andrus and Elizabeth Richard don't personally know Keiosha or her familly, but said that doesn't matter; they want to help find the young girl.
"I said we can do this, let's just make a few phone calls," said Andrus.
Andrus and Richard are both youth leaders in Acadiana and said at a time when a teen is in trouble, and no one is talking, they turn to a higher power.
The aunt that was arrested was Patricia Andrus. That's not a common surname. Coincidence???

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

Another arrest has been made in the case of missing 15-year-old Keiosha Felix of Duson. West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's deputies arrested Ronald Wilkerson, 40. He's the brother of Leon Wilkerson, 43, the man arrested about two weeks and charged with second-degree kidnapping and simple rape in Felix's case. Deputies picked him up on a warrant and held him as a fugitive for Duson detectives. Ronald has been in touch with Felix, according to Duson Police Chief Andrew Frank. The chief would not elaborate except to say he'll release a written statement later this afternoon.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

Another arrest has been made in the case of missing 15-year-old Keiosha Felix of Duson. West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's deputies arrested Ronald Wilkerson, 40. He's the brother of Leon Wilkerson, 43, the man arrested about two weeks and charged with second-degree kidnapping and simple rape in Felix's case. Deputies picked him up on a warrant and held him as a fugitive for Duson detectives. Ronald has been in touch with Felix, according to Duson Police Chief Andrew Frank. The chief would not elaborate except to say he'll release a written statement later this afternoon.

Tonight at 6 and 10 pm KATC will have information about what Ronald Wilkerson is saying about this case. I hope this new arrest will lead to bringing this baby girl home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back