Another theory

Goody said:
Autopsy found popcorn in the stomach of one of the boys but not the other. Made me wonder if one was being punished and didn't get any that night.
I don't remember the popcorn and I'm too lazy to read the reports again. I do know Damon had carrots in his tummy. That breaks my heart. Eating his carrots like a good boy...

beesy said:
I don't remember the popcorn and I'm too lazy to read the reports again. I do know Damon had carrots in his tummy. That breaks my heart. Eating his carrots like a good boy...
Those boys were so freaking cute. I cant believe the death they came to know....:(

beesy said:
yeah, that is a good movie. Do you remember the part in the trial when they played "Hungry Like the Wolf" and she was mouthing the words and sorta dancing? She said that song was playing when they were attacked. But she could still boogie to it. Where is she now anyway?

Small Sacrifices: Diane Downs, who turned 50 in August, remains in the Valley Prison for Women in Chowchilla, California. Her first hope of a parole hearing is four years away. Adopted by Lane County Prosecutor Fred Hugi and his wife, Joanne, in 1984, Christie and Danny--who somehow survived their gunshot wounds--, have no contact with Diane. They have both graduated from college. Christie is married and had a baby boy in 2005. Danny, a computer whiz, is still partially paralyzed from the bullet in his back, but he is living a happy and normal life. They have grown up in a very happy home with the Hugis. I heard recently from a young woman who insists she is the daughter Diane gave birth to a month after her 1984 trial, the baby who was adopted soon after. Thus far, she has offered no proof that she is who she claims to be. Danny's biological father, the man Diane selected because she thought he had "good genes," still lives in Arizona and has a family. His youngest son looks just like Danny did at the same age. Diane still insists that she and her children were shot by a "bushy haired stranger." For some reason, a person in Europe has established a website espousing her innocence. The site is full of misinformation, apparently fed to him by Diane herself. Among other things, the site claims that Diane never talked to me in person or wrote to me. That is totally false. Not only did we talk on the Oprah show, but I visited Diane in jail in Eugene, Oregon, and I still have letters she sent me.

www.annrules.com/news3.htm

Thanks Jeana! Any idea of the address for the European web site? That would be worth seeing!

Wow - four years till possibility of parole.

That's what makes me crazy about both of these women. Insisting, and I mean INSISTING they are innocent...for all of this time...I guess it's just me but I could never, ever, ever in a million years keep a secret like that for so long! Lol. Guess that makes me somewhat sane!

Hbgchick said:
Thanks Jeana! Any idea of the address for the European web site? That would be worth seeing!

That's what makes me crazy about both of these women. Insisting, and I mean INSISTING they are innocent...for all of this time...I guess it's just me but I could never, ever, ever in a million years keep a secret like that for so long! Lol. Guess that makes me somewhat sane!

http://www.oregontrial.org.uk/

Jeana (DP) said:
Small Sacrifices: Diane Downs, who turned 50 in August, remains in the Valley Prison for Women in Chowchilla, California. Her first hope of a parole hearing is four years away. Adopted by Lane County Prosecutor Fred Hugi and his wife, Joanne, in 1984, Christie and Danny--who somehow survived their gunshot wounds--, have no contact with Diane. They have both graduated from college. Christie is married and had a baby boy in 2005. Danny, a computer whiz, is still partially paralyzed from the bullet in his back, but he is living a happy and normal life. They have grown up in a very happy home with the Hugis. I heard recently from a young woman who insists she is the daughter Diane gave birth to a month after her 1984 trial, the baby who was adopted soon after. Thus far, she has offered no proof that she is who she claims to be. Danny's biological father, the man Diane selected because she thought he had "good genes," still lives in Arizona and has a family. His youngest son looks just like Danny did at the same age. Diane still insists that she and her children were shot by a "bushy haired stranger." For some reason, a person in Europe has established a website espousing her innocence. The site is full of misinformation, apparently fed to him by Diane herself. Among other things, the site claims that Diane never talked to me in person or wrote to me. That is totally false. Not only did we talk on the Oprah show, but I visited Diane in jail in Eugene, Oregon, and I still have letters she sent me.

www.annrules.com/news3.htm
I'm such a dolt. I didn't realize you were quoting and I was getting all excited that you had spoken to Diane :doh: Thanks for posting this

Hbgchick said:

She won't get out as long as she denies responsibility for the crime. That is usually a requirement of parole, acknowledgment, remorse, and a connection to how you've changed and why.

sharkeyes said:
I agree. Darlie did not murder her children for any type of monetary gain. To me it resembles "misdirected rage", every stab was meant for Darin. There is NO WAY an intruder would just come into a home, butcher two children, not take anything, and leave her sorry *advertiser censored** with a few superficial cuts - I use the term 'superficial' because in comparison to the wounds on those poor kids, Darlie's wounds are mere 'paper cuts'.

"I bear the chain I forged in life, I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wear it....." Jacob Marley
Dani T pointed out to me that just because the insurance money was not a windfall, we shouldn't totally rule out money. Darlie and Darin were the ones from both families who had "made it". By that June they had very little cash flow. I read somewhere, maybe the transcripts(?) the loan payment amounts they owed each month and it left them with just a small amount of money to pay for utilities, food, diapers, and regular stuff. The Jag was in the shop. Darin was turned down for a $5,000 loan which I think really humiliated Darlie. Something had to give. I do not believe Darlie fell for Darin's trick about leaving her or allowing her to leave(if that's what happened). I don't see a rage killing. I think her fear of losing control of her life, Darin, if he did call her bluff that night and if she did think he was cheating on her with Dana was important in throwing her over the edge. The boys were growing up and were more difficult to control, while Drake was not...the money was slipping away, she was depressed, the boys were getting on her nerves..Darin was slipping out of her control. Everything fell into place that one night. During the actual stabbing there was probably rage, but I think she planned it soon after she and Darin fought. I don't think she just snatched a knife and hacked away.

michelle said:
This case drives me mad. I dont know and I have been on the fence and I think if she did it he had to of helped, and there is no way in hell I would ever cover for someone who committed this time of crime let alone my own babies....I also have such a hard time thinking if she did do it why didnt he hear anything??? Arghhhh, it makes me mad.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
We don't know that he didn't, which is his whole problem

Dani T pointed out to me that just because the insurance money was not a windfall, we shouldn't totally rule out money.

I did? Cool :)

beesy said:
[/color]
I don't see sociopath either. You know I see Narcissistic and Histrionic
Personality Disorders though and yes, I know you don't. She presents with many of the symptoms even if she does not have the actual disorders. Not sociopath though. There is no inidication of that. They are often immoral, do things like cheat on spouses, steal, and feel no empathy. Have you heard of Darlie whoring around on Darin? And while I think she enjoyed showing off her money and that's one of the reasons she treated friends and familly to things, she would not have done it if she did not care about those people at all.
It is not so much that I don't think she has the disorders that you and others do. I just don't see any evidence or enough evidence to make me feel comfortable in labeling her with it at this time. There may very well be all sorts of things wrong with her that I am unaware of. One thing I am sure of. She is or was on that night either cold and calculating,able to detach herself completely from even her own children to do what she felt she had to for whatever reason, or she was very fragile emotionally and emotion drove her. The way she has held out for innocence though makes it difficult to see "fragile" as part of the make up though.

Jeana (DP) said:
An over-tired, emotional, fairly new mother with mild depression, a little bit of paranoia from diet pills and a troubled marriage could EASILY find something in that relationship that wasn't there.
But strong enough to never break down and confess, even in hindsight after the full impact of what she did hit her??????

beesy said:
Maybe he like carrots. Read the autopsies for stomach contents....testimony, I mean, by the MEs.

Goody said:
But strong enough to never break down and confess, even in hindsight after the full impact of what she did hit her??????

Of course! She knows that a confession would be suicide. I didn't say that she was fragile by any stretch of the imagination. I think that she was worked up enough that she blew, that's all.

Jeana (DP) said:
Of course! She knows that a confession would be suicide. I didn't say that she was fragile by any stretch of the imagination. I think that she was worked up enough that she blew, that's all.
When you said you think she blew, do you think she just grabbed the knife in the heat of passion and stabbed them, or at least Devon, then? I don't think she did that. I think she planned it soon after the fight with Darin. And I think she had been thinking about how much better her life would be without them, although I don't think she actually planned it that long

beesy said:
When you said you think she blew, do you think she just grabbed the knife in the heat of passion and stabbed them, or at least Devon, then? I don't think she did that. I think she planned it soon after the fight with Darin. And I think she had been thinking about how much better her life would be without them, although I don't think she actually planned it that long

I don't think she planned it longer than an hour, that's for sure. I think they had the fight. I think she went through her regular, "I want a divorce," bullcrap and I think Darin, being sick and tired of hearing it over the years, said something to the effect of "good, so do I." I think he told her to get "F"d and said he was going to bed. I think she sat there and cried for a little bit and worked herself up into a froth and did it. I don't think she was a stark raving lunatic, screaming to high heaven. But I do think she was still very upset. I think its possible that Darin came down stairs right after the second attack. We had a poster here once who had some really high tech equipment and she said she could PLAINLY hear a male voice saying twice "give me the knife." I think that may have been Darin.

Dani_T said:
I did? Cool :)
Ha, I think it was you, maybe dasgal, but I'm pretty sure it was you. Oh well, you got credit for it, so just go with it

Hbgchick said:
Hey thanks! I'll check it out.

I know she won't have a chance of getting out without confessing Goody. I was more marveling that it happened long enough ago that the time is almost here that she's even up. :) Guess I'm getting old.

Hbgchick, what gives you the impression that the State of Texas would let a "confessed" child murderer off death row? :waitasec: They would give her a date immediately. There is nothing that she can do, at this point, to get off of death row. The only thing I could see happening are charges being brought against a second person.

Jeana (DP) said:
Hbgchick, what gives you the impression that the State of Texas would let a "confessed" child murderer off death row? :waitasec: They would give her a date immediately. There is nothing that she can do, at this point, to get off of death row. The only thing I could see happening are charges being brought against a second person.
We were talking about Diane Downs' first parole date that is coming up in a couple of years. Sorry, a little diversion there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back