UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I don't think Josh is a violent person, or there... I can't believe he would do something like that. I have a hard time believing that, but there are certain items of the story that don't add up… so... I don't know,” Powell’s father said.

Police have questioned Powell’s husband, Josh, but he is not saying a word.

Police served a search warrant and took several items they say Susan would not have left behind if she was going out.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...lley-woman-update/PNKOVbbZVEq8D4Fka2QYTw.cspx

Josh is now saying he last saw his wife at 12:30pm on Sunday? What about the dinner the friend was at?

Josh is now saying he last saw his wife at 12:30pm on Sunday? What about the dinner the friend was at?

Can't remember which link, but I read he said he last talked to the friend @8:30pm when he & the kids got back from sledding....I thought it odd that 8:30 pm was not the last time he said he saw Susan -- especially since they supposedly then left to go camping.

From what I've read, this is one of the hinkiest stories ever....either very bad reporting or Josh is "confused" :big eye roll:

West Valley police: Missing woman's case turning 'suspicious'

The case of a missing West Valley City woman is taking on "suspicious" overtones as clues to her whereabouts remained few five days after her disappearance, police say.

Susan Powell, 28, was last seen Sunday at her home and was reported missing by her relatives the next day. Early Wednesday evening, detectives served a search warrant on the home and removed several unspecified items, West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Thursday.

"It's still officially a missing person case, but it has become suspicious. The suspicious nature of this is that no one can tell us, or is [willing to tell] us her whereabouts, and she has not contacted us or anyone else we know about," he said.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_13967860

Oh, yes, that's believable. She gets sick, so he takes the children sledding and then at 8:30 p.m. (and their bedtimes would be what, 7:00 pm at the latest, maybe?) he decides on the spur of the moment to take the kids camping, and misses work the next day. Oh yeah, sure.

The only silver lining I see here is that this guy sounds so dumb that hopefully the case will be quickly solved. I hope so for the sake of her family and children. How sad.

yeppers, im in agreement! and she misses work as well and is nowhere to be found?? sounds like he was out disposing of something/somebody...jeeze, i hope im wrong but i think we all know where this is going...one positive is that the kids are accounted for, now lets just hope susan shows up safely...pray, pray & pray some more!

I suspect the evening went something like this:

* Josh poisoned or drugged Susan, probably while the friend was there. I believe that the friend was invited so that Josh would have a witness to whatever scenerio he had planned, so that he would appear to be blameless.

* Josh left with the kids so that they would not witness whatever was happening to Susan. Was she unconsious and dying, or writhing in pain, puking in the bathroom, or asking for help?

* Josh returns with the kids at 8:30, figuring he has allowed enough time elapse for Susan to finish dying. He cleans things up, packages her body for transport, and leaves again with the kids, (who may now be sleeping in their carseats), to dispose of the body. Did he drug them so that they would sleep soundly while he got rid of Susan? I think so, but as stupid as Josh sounds, he may have just figured the children would not realize what he was doing if they woke while he was dumping the body.

This is just my idea of what probably happened. I am not claiming any of it to be fact, just speculation!

Depending upon how much time Josh spent interacting with his children on a daily basis, he may not have realized how aware and communicative kids can be at ages two and four. At that age, my girls noticed everything and talked about everything to anyone who would listen! Whenever I misplaced something, one of them would always show me where it was, reminded me of every comment I made, no matter how innocuous, and reported every detail to their Dad when he came home!

I hope those children get some grandma/grandpa time with Susan's family real soon, so they can tell what they know ASAP!

Susan

He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.

bbm... interesting... and he told his fatherinlaw that he last saw her at 1230 pm that day!

arrest him already!

I hope this doesn't turn into years of agony for the family like all these years for Janet Young's family....Jason Young won't talk either. :mad:

The entire family was missing on Sunday and after Powell's relatives did not hear from the family for two days they called police

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-wvc-woman-missing,0,1741948.story

there is a video at this link as well.

****I am very confused about the family's call... if they reported them missing on Sunday and hadn't heard from them in two days..... well that is just strange.... were they not answering the phone??? And what of this "friend" that was over for dinner Saturday night... also strange and I hope he has been questioned... as I am sure he has. They were at a church Christmas party on Saturday morning and than she was sighted walking home from church... I am thinking that something happened to her on Saturday...****

It's a good thing that Josh seemingly cannot keep the story straight or the times right or the what happened to Susan right.
He may be arrested soon.

Susan: Prayers for you and your family.

Stockbroker Mom Disappears in Utah, Husband Questioned

Thursday, December 10, 2009
foxnews_story.gif

FNC
Susan Powell

Family members and police have stepped up their search for a Utah mother of two who vanished over the weekend.

Stockbroker Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Sunday. Her husband Josh says he last saw her getting ready for bed about 12:30 a.m. and left her sleeping while he went camping with the couple's two young sons.

Powell's purse, cell phone and car were found at their home in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City.

Initially, the entire family was unaccounted for — until the missing woman's husband turned up with the boys and without Powell, her father Chuck Cox said in an interview with Fox News.

Her parents say Powell, who works as a stockbroker for Wells Fargo Financial, wouldn't have left her family of her own accord.

West Valley police are asking for the public's help in the case. They won't reveal what Powell's husband has told investigators in interviews.

More:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579961,00.html

Fox was reporting earlier that it was 12:30am that he last saw his wife. She was getting ready to go to bed and he was heading out to take the kids camping....oh yeah, that sounds like something a mother would agree to. Below is new info.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

Police said Thursday they may have some "areas" to check as they follow-up on the case of a missing West Valley woman.
West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan said those areas are based on statements made by Susan Powell's husband, Josh Powell. Still, McLachlan declined to elaborate on what or where the areas are.
More at link.

Hubby says he took the boys to camp at the "Pony Express Trail" in Southern Utah. He also said the reason he didn't call into work was because he was confused and thought it was Sunday...hmmm

Hubby says he took the boys to camp at the "Pony Express Trail" in Southern Utah. He also said the reason he didn't call into work was because he was confused and thought it was Sunday...hmmm

Omg, I'm sorry, but there is no way you can live in Utah and not know it's Sunday. His wife and kids going to church would have been a HUGE clue. This guy really isn't firing on all pistons is he.

Wow....it seems like we all have seen variations of this before

any tv cop show will tell you...look at the spouse/lover first...

sad story...poor Susan, poor kids...but this is really not hard to figure out

already they are questioning the camping hubby with the bad memory..."didn't know it was Sunday"??

This guy is unreal....only hope is that he cracks sooner than later and does not draw out the agony here

who leaves to go camping with an infant at midnight in the winter in utah?

eta:
oops, a 2 and 4 yr olds...toddlers, what the he// is wrong with this guy?:tsktsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam