11 Year Old Calls 911 To Turn In His Mom and Mothers Boyfriend For Selling Drugs

I really agree about the pot vs alcohol issue. I, personally, think alcohol is more dangerous than pot, even if it is legal.

My thought on this situation though, is that mom is not losing her children because of the pot, per se, but because she failed to listen to her son when he voiced his concerns. Whatever was happening, the 11 year old was not comfortable with it and the article says he warned his mother on several occasions, as well as trying to get family to intervene. If this mother had her child's best interests at heart, she would have, at a minimum, stopped dealing drugs in front of her kid. Not that hard to do. Don't let weird people come to your house, keep the drugs hidden, and at least try to shield the kids from your illegal behavior.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for mom. At best, the kids will not be out of the house for longer than 6 months. At worst..... maybe the problem is more than pot.

Salem

PS - southcitymom - I wasn't directing this post at you specifically, except the part about alcohol vs pot and my agreement :)

I agree with everything you said, Salem, and never mind you directing any post towards me! :blowkiss:

The title of the thread says they were selling drugs - it's one thing to imbibe in a causal joint at home (when the kids are out) as apposed to blantly smoking in front of the kids. If they had been discrete this never would have happened. To a kid, a drug is a drug is a drug. I see absolutely nothing wrong with smoking pot, but NOT IN FRONT OF THE KIDS - alcohol too - not setting a good example to come home from work an open a cold one. Peeks the kid's curiosity.

What a brave little boy. Good for him. But I have worries too like others have said. I hope he ends up okay.

The first thing I thought of (after "LOL, go kid!") is that this woman isn't going to go away or not have custody of her child for very long, and she's probably going to be pretty ticked off that the boy got in her trouble. I can see that not ending very well, unfortunately.

This article really has me hot.

I hope this mother get her kids back. I am sure if she could go to the store and buy her weed she would do that instead of having it brought to her home.
The 1 year old is in foster too care over a bag of weed???
The 11 yr old who has had talks with his mother about marijuana is removed from her because more then likly some D.A.R.E. officer came into his class and told him a bunch of misinformation about weed?

I cannot even list the ways this arrest and the handling of this will damage the family unit. I am opting my children out of D.A.R.E

I feel sorry for this child because he was told marijuana is illegal and bad, one of the worst things that could have happened to him because his mom smoked weed, he was taken from his family. YAY hero LE officers you mind f'ed an 11 yr old.

What if the 1 year old got into the drugs? Could be a very dangerous situation. Clearly they were not hiding the fact they were using and dealing in front of the 11 year old.

jmo
If the 1 year old did get into it probably the biggest risk would be a choking hazard. The amount it would take to be lethal, even to a baby is insanely high. There are many things in your home that are much more dangerous.

I'll never forget the day my first grader (1995) asked me why I did drugs... I almost fainted! He was referring to my coffee and cigs! :innocent:

I was astounded and really angry that they'd taught him at school that I abused drugs (!!!) but ultimately, it opened the discussion about the substances in my house-- and yep, caffeine (coffee, colas, other sodas and stuff) and cigs were a big part of it-- but also, the entire content of our medicine cabinet was discussed-- allergy meds, cold stuff, multi-vitamins and iron, aspirin, and of course, alcohol. How anything, if not in moderation, could be real trouble.

I feel verrry bad that this 11 year old child felt compelled to go this route. I suspect there was a deeper disconnect in that household that probably didn't have anything to do with the pot. :(

I am not asuming there is a deeper discontent based on what I read. The article said the boy dicussed the issue with his neighbors and his grandparents. That lets me know this kid felt close enough to family and friends to disclose that too.. If they had thought the boy and his brother in danger would they have ignored his plea for help? I would love to hear from the family.
Also was the 11 snooping in his moms room as it was said on the 911 call thats where the "marijuana "" was. And he called it marijuana which If he had been arround it he would have said weed. If the weed was smoked and used daily arround him, he would not of said "marijuana''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back