GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

Police Chief Eric Paolilli said the body was found by a State Police cadavor search team in a wooded area of the city. The boy's mother, Christine Bookal, has been notified that the body is likely that of her son.
Police had planned on searching the city today now that the warmer weather has broken.
The chief said the body was found in an area that had been searched extensively, although he would not say if they believe the body had been moved there from another location.
http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2010/March/24/Bookal_searchresumes-24Mar10.htm

Sounds like someone might have talked...regardless, I'm just glad that they found this baby...it's been too long.

RIP Sweetie!

So glad his little body can be laid to rest in a proper way. To think it was laying in those woods all this time breaks my heart.

RIP baby!

marcfound-1.jpg

Has anyone requested the thread be marked by found deceased?

Poor sweet baby...:cry

Rest in Peace Marc Anthony...

I only hope there is enough evidence found to arrest the creep on murder charges...

Supposedly found inside a large book bag so it looks like
he didn't just wander off.

((((
Human remains found; police believe they are of Mark Bookal

Mark Bookal

NEWBURGH – Police in Newburgh have found human remains of a young child and they believe they are that of Mark Bookal, the 4-year-old Newburgh boy, who disappeared last December.

Police Chief Eric Paolilli said the body was found by a State Police cadavor search team in a wooded area of the city.

The boy's mother, Christine Bookal, has been notified that the body is likely that of her son.

She told MidHudsonNews.com that police told her the body was found inside a large book bag. "It looks like one of his," she said.

For now, she said she is waiting for forensics to make a determination.

Police had planned on searching the city today now that the warmer weather has broken.

The chief said the body was found in an area that had been searched extensively, although he would not say if they believe the body had been moved there from another location.

The investigation is continuing.

The boy was reported missing on December 14, 2009, triggering a massive search of the City of Newburgh, its waterfront and the Hudson River.

Police turned up no evidence about the boy’s whereabouts.

The search was later suspended.

The boyfriend of the boy’s mother, Corey Byrd, has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child because he was reported to be the last one with young Mark when he disappeared, but that charge was dropped.

He remains incarcerated on a parole violation. Mrs. Bookal said she spoke to him about two weeks ago.)))

Found inside his own bookbag?!? Oh dear God... That poor little boy. When will parents start caring about their own CHILDREN more than their own BF/GF's who they bring into the family. :cry:

I've been looking for a live feed for presser. I can't find one.

I didn't find one either, but Nancy Grace posted that she'll have details from the presser on her show tonight.

Of course:angel:
I'll just read recaps from our great sleuthers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back