2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

I loved when Ann Curry asked him if he felt JB was competent and he said "It'd be inappropriate to comment on that"

I think I am now convinced that BC resigned out of embarrassment.

yes, when they choose to go on nationwide TV and make statements like: KC didnt mean what she said in that letter, I didnt molest her because Cindy wouldnt allow such things and CA even though she planed huge memorial service says: I dont think Caylee is dead, there is no evidence tied to Casey, etc. wow! yes, get out.
I could be wrong, but all along he was probably telling them not to talk and they didnt listen.
BC seems like an intelligent man, surely he can see there is ALOT of evidence leading straight to Casey!
I know alot wont agree, but I think Lee is smart, he stys out of it and doesnt talk. I think he knows no matter what he says it wont get ICA off the hook.
He just happened to find himself in the middle of this mess.

I will continue to support the Anthonys, will continue to attend hearings and the eventual trial and most importantly I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.

He just blew Cindy's theory to the dogs. Cindy alludes to, she still believes Caylee is alive...Well, Sinnnnnndy, your former attorney states otherwise.

I believe he knows the truth, uttered things to "please" his client but he is now free to think as he chooses...he doesn't have to tow a line anymore..JMHO

Justice for Caylee is becoming Caylee's Justice...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Well, I have always thought that the letter from CA/GA in JBs motion was written by JB. No way would BC have written it as a draft or allowed those words signed by CA/GA. I haven't been impressed with BC since the day he was on the media junket saying there was no duct tape.

CA lied to BC as much as she lied to LE and the FBI and the SAOs. BC didn't want to know the truth when he represented the As. He wanted only to make a name for himself. Plus get some money out of it down the road.

Although BC says he now wants to continue to the search for the full truth of Caylee's murder, in my eyes he will need to be completely honest and forthcoming with any inquires from LE and the SAO. Growing half a set, a man does not make.

You are probably right, BC would not give up the full truth on his own. But honestly, I am picking up this sense that they (JB/A's/court) are going to back him to the wall and he's going to be forced to tell. I see him telling to save his rep and b/c he is forced. I'll take any reason. KWIM?
Just my take.

MOO

Has anyone found a response from JB regarding BC's resigning? He was supposed to give one after coming out of a meeting or something. Anyone? TIA

"With regret, I am forced to resign as George and Cindy Anthony's attorney. The defense motion filed on Aug. 9, 2010, contains allegations that are not, in fact, true. As an officer of the court, I cannot stand idly by knowing allegations involving me have been misstated."
-from statement released by BC

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24643585/detail.html

Quick!!!!! Anyone have any smelling salts, my wife just passed out in front of the computer and this thread is up.

THUD

Brad C's "search for the full truth" in Caylees murder will be a "long time coming". Only Casey knows the full truth, which, unfortunately, she will take to her grave. She is psychotoc, sick & selfish enough to do this.

He ""saw the light" in the nick of time", ( we could get lot of songs going here) :>), cause I'm " goin' out of my head" wondering how he "stuck in the middle" of the " highway to hell" as long as he has.

He can voice any excuse he wants for jumping this train, but I think , as others have voiced, that he just knows he can not keep Cindy from lying on the stand, and who knows what else she can do to cause trouble . . only wish George would jump too, because it's not too late for him to save his soul & his sanity. I believe he really loved his little granddaughter, and was on to Casey and her lies & schemes, way before Caylee's death. But he probably didn't think even she was capable of committing this horrible crime.

WOW, considering the cast of characters in this case, I'm not shocked.

I thank God and Mr Kronk, that Caylee's remains were found. I can only imagine how deep the BS would be if they had not been. There would have been "Caylee" sightings from Terra del Fuego to Baffin Bay, and I have serious doubts justice would have been served.

Probably will be 2 state-appointed CRIMINAL attorneys, one for GA and one for CA, after they get themselves also declared indigent. I really don't see anyone else stepping in pro bono at this point even just for the fame and publicity unless it is really a low-life sleazeball.

I am confused. Why would the state appoint them attorneys? They have not been charged with any crime. And the way it looks they never will be. They seem to be able to break, bend, twist and turn laws that would have you or I in jail.:banghead:

You are probably right, BC would not give up the full truth on his own. But honestly, I am picking up this sense that they (JB/A's/court) are going to back him to the wall and he's going to be forced to tell. I see him telling to save his rep and b/c he is forced. I'll take any reason. KWIM?
Just my take.

MOO

Forced to tell what?

I'm surprised that Conway stayed this long with the Anthonys.
Bless his mental health and sanity after this experience.......
love to read his book if he writes one about the family someday!!

First I'll read Mark Nejames, then Brads...

Between the 2, the truth will be staggering.

ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

Sources: George, Cindy Anthony's Attorney Quitting
Sources Say Move Result Of Defense's Recent Filings
POSTED: 5:51 am EDT August 16, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 am EDT August 16, 2010
Email Print
Comments (0)ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

According to sources, Conway's move comes as a result of a new filing by Anthony's defense in their ongoing dispute with Texas Equusearch.

In that filing, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, claims Conway was given unrestricted access to review 4,000 pages of volunteer documents while the defense has not been given the same access.

If and when Judge Belvin Perry holds a hearing to settle the bad blood between the defense and Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame, sources said Conway could be called as a witness.

In addition, NBC has sent out an advisory saying Conway will be on the "Today" show later Monday morning with a "major announcement." This begs the question will Conway use this national forum to air some of the ongoing grievances he's had with Anthony's defense team in general, and Jose Baez specifically?

more
http://www.wesh.com/r/24643120/detail.html

~~B O O M !!

Another one bites the dust.

:clown:
back to reading.........................
:cow:

Has anyone found a response from JB regarding BC's resigning? He was supposed to give one after coming out of a meeting or something. Anyone? TIA

There's nothing in writing yet, but I played back InSession on my DVR and copied verbatim what Baez said to them...

"Brad Conway sat in my office with me and Andrea Lyon and told us that the only way he could view the documents was if George and Cindy signed a waiver."

That doesn't give me any real information. Very, very vague and he said/he said unless they want to contact Lyon!

Wow, I haven't even had a full cup of coffee yet and I see this news!

If BC had found anything in the TES documents to indicate anything untoward Cindy would have been singing it from the mountaintops. All she does is make combine vague accusations with her brand of reality and wants everyone to believe that it's the truth. All thru the depos with Morgan, even though you don't see him, I got the feeling that their hostility and responses made BC cringe. This e-mail just gave him the way out of the rabbit hole and he took it.

I can't even imagine what CA and GA are doing right now. Probably scouring the yellow pages for lawyers.

After watching the video of BC's interview, it is my opinion that he felt compelled to resign because as he stated, he is now a witness to the inaccuracies in the filings. Baez clearly states in his filing that:

"Additionally,TES counsel acknowledges that he allowed another lawyer, not part of the defense team, to review all of the documents at his leisure. Interestingly enough, that lawyer now represents the parents of the Defendant, who were previously represented by TES counsel, for whatever purposes, primarily related solely to media appearances. There were no issues of privacy raised then; no indications that that lawyer was restricted from having copies or making notes; no indications that that lawyer had to pay cash in advance to look at the files. Where is the "bad faith" now? Counsel for TES, as said at the beginning, clearly does not understand the positions of the Defense. The Defense positions have not changed or been contradicted in any capacity whatsoever. Ill advised and uninformed conclusions by TES counsel should, frankly, be ignored.

Baez further claimed: What is more disturbing is that he has used his position with Texas Equusearch to compel his former clients to sign a waiver of conflict in exchange for their new lawyer reviewing the Equusearch documents. Exhibit "B". This can under no circumstances be considered a knowing and voluntary waiver.

I take Conway's resignation to mean that the statements that Baez made are false and they have forced Conway into a position of becoming a witness in the matter and he is going to have to give contrary testimony. Now, do I think that it was a perfect "out" for Conway? Absolutely! An opportunity to make his exit without blaming the Anthonys.

How all this will turn out for Baez, I'm not so sure. I would like to hear AZLawyer's take on all this. What kind of trouble has Baez invited upon himself by making false claims in a legal pleading?

perhaps I should have a couple advil with my coffee---add that to the tums......wonder if Judge Strickland wants to go fishing??????":waitasec::blushing:

Nah, Judge Strickland is sitting happily upon his ranibow. Maybe he's fishing gold. :) :)

There's nothing in writing yet, but I played back InSession on my DVR and copied verbatim what Baez said to them...

"Brad Conway sat in my office with me and Andrea Lyon and told us that the only way he could view the documents was if George and Cindy signed a waiver."

That doesn't give me any real information. Very, very vague and he said/he said unless they want to contact Lyon!

Ironic that the other person that supposedly knows about this resigned a little while ago as well. :waitasec:

After watching the video of BC's interview, it is my opinion that he felt compelled to resign because as he stated, he is now a witness to the inaccuracies in the filings. Baez clearly states in his filing that:

"Additionally,TES counsel acknowledges that he allowed another lawyer, not part of the defense team, to review all of the documents at his leisure. Interestingly enough, that lawyer now represents the parents of the Defendant, who were previously represented by TES counsel, for whatever purposes, primarily related solely to media appearances. There were no issues of privacy raised then; no indications that that lawyer was restricted from having copies or making notes; no indications that that lawyer had to pay cash in advance to look at the files. Where is the "bad faith" now? Counsel for TES, as said at the beginning, clearly does not understand the positions of the Defense. The Defense positions have not changed or been contradicted in any capacity whatsoever. Ill advised and uninformed conclusions by TES counsel should, frankly, be ignored.

Baez further claimed: What is more disturbing is that he has used his position with Texas Equusearch to compel his former clients to sign a waiver of conflict in exchange for their new lawyer reviewing the Equusearch documents. Exhibit "B". This can under no circumstances be considered a knowing and voluntary waiver.

I take Conway's resignation to mean that the statements that Baez made are false and they have forced Conway into a position of becoming a witness in the matter and he is going to have to give contrary testimony. Now, do I think that it was a perfect "out" for Conway? Absolutely! An opportunity to make his exit without blaming the Anthonys.

How all this will turn out for Baez, I'm not so sure. I would like to hear AZLawyer's take on all this. What kind of trouble has Baez invited upon himself by making false claims in a legal pleading?

I have been wishing for AZLawyer to show up on this thread ever since I read the news. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back