Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that someone has her that came and got her because they love her. I hope that the female is someone that wanted to protect her from the past that she has had.

JMHO

I really was hoping that Jahessye would be found quickly but my hope is starting to fade. Such a little sweetie, I pray she is safe.

CBS 5 News partnered with Fed Ex office print shop at 20th Street and Camelback to get some 5,000 fliers available to help widen the search for Jhessye.

Experts tell CBS 5 that with each passing day the odds lessen of finding Jhessye safe and sound.

If you want to help you can pick up the fliers by stopping by the CBS 5 Studio - go to our lobby at I-17 and Indian School Road between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday. Or you can click here to download a printable flier.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15746127/day-9-of-search-for-missing-jhessye-shockley

I'll look more tomorrow for that article that made to comment that Jahessye probably didn't leave her apartment. I know I saw it.

I've been waiting for CBS 5 to put up the report they did on Jahessye tonight and so far nothing. I told my boyfriend to hit the record button when I was typing stuff and something went wrong with that so I can't go back and give a better point by point. I guess its just an indication that LE has had some pretty solid leads to go on, not sure what to make of the whole thing about the car being like the one a woman uses to pick up kids for Sunday School or even how "everybody" could know such a thing. Jahessye wasn't abducted on a Sunday.

The report talked about other stuff too, those were just the "bombshells". I'm going to check one more time and then I have to get to bed because its been too many late nights for me.

Hopefully we'll be waking up to good news!

Grandma has a fair point, imo. I hope little lady is safe. Did Jahessye know her address and phone number? Her parents names?? I am trying to figure out if she was picked up by someone who was well meaning, what would happen.

I am just catching up here-did LE do a house to house or apartment to apartment search?

Robin Meade and MORNING EXPRESS just had a 30 second snippet on Jahessye...

Better than nothing! (I guess)

Thinking of you Jahessye and your sweet smile! :rose:

ETA: I just hit up some of the major TV networks on FB asking them to cover Jahessye and Aliayah's stories! (Trust me, I know there are more :( ) Let's cross our fingers!

It was in an article somewhere up thread. It stuck out for me because someone else commented on how it looks like LE thinks that the mom did it which surprised me because before an article had said that LE thought Jahessye had been kidnapped.

It was when we were discussing the lack of media attention, I'll go and try to find it

EDIT: I looked real quick and didn't see it, but whoever commented on it said something to the effect of police think that the mom did it (based on that article), so it makes sense that national media isn't picking the story up. I'm pretty sure it was when we were discussing the lack of national media attention, does anyone remember that post?

Found it for you, it was me that commented and nurse that posted the article it says police no longer believe she wandered out of the home

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...m-home-of-missing-Glendale-girl#ixzz1bLHnJvZ2

I was just thinking last night how pitiful $11,000 looks compared to the $100,000 someone is offering in Lisa Irwin's case. I do think, however, that Lisa's case is getting a lot of coverage right now b/c the story is so odd, kwim? A baby taken out of the crib with three other people in the house vs a 5-yr-old running out the door by herself and disappearing. MOO

I pray that you are safe, Jahessye...

:praying:

I agree that it is a strange story; however, another strange story was toddler Joshua Davis missing out of a house with (IIRC) 6 adults present. His mom was pregnant at the time. He has never been found; FBI were involved, and he didn't get the national coverage either - or a large reward. :(

Please understand that I will never begrudge a child that does receive the coverage; I just wish that EVERY child would receive coverage. I believe with all of my heart the Lisa deserves her coverage; and deserves to be found. However, I wish that Joshua, Aliayah, and Jahessye ALL deserve national attention. Where are these children?! :( :maddening:

I agree that it is a strange story; however, another strange story was toddler Joshua Davis missing out of a house with (IIRC) 6 adults present. His mom was pregnant at the time. He has never been found; FBI were involved, and he didn't get the national coverage either - or a large reward. :(

Please understand that I will never begrudge a child that does receive the coverage; I just wish that EVERY child would receive coverage. I believe with all of my heart the Lisa deserves her coverage; and deserves to be found. However, I wish that Joshua, Aliayah, and Jahessye ALL deserve national attention. Where are these children?! :( :maddening:

You are right - I remember Joshua's case and still cannot believed that little one hasn't been found yet... :(

I do think there's a discrepancy in coverage between different cases that sadly may be related to race and/or SES. I was thinking more about these two cases (Lisa vs Jahessye) since they're both current.

Family member of missing 5-year-old begs for national media attention

""I want the national media to pick it up... I won't stop til they do. I don't know why it's not national now," Shirley Johnson, Jahessye's worried grandmother, told CNN affiliate KPHO Thursday. "They have the ability to make sure someone from across the nation knows what's going on."
Jahessye 's case has been mentioned in the Washington Post and the Huffington Post in recent days. But it has not received much national television coverage compared to cases like Baby Lisa, the 11-month-old missing Missouri girl. That case has received daily national news coverage and has been featured on the cover of People magazine.
<snip>

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/21/justice/arizona-missing-girl/

Lisa Vance, from Glendale, says she helped raise Jhessye for four years while Jhessye's mother was in prison.
She tells ABC15 Jhessye was an intelligent girl with dreams of becoming a ballerina.
"You cannot help but love her. I miss everything about her," Vance said.
Jerice Hunter, Jhessye's mother, has a record of child abuse , and was sentenced to jail in California back in 2006. Vance says Hunter took Jhessye back last year when she was released.
"We did not give her back willingly," Vance said. "We didn't think Jerice was ready. She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."
Vance, who does not have contact with Hunter anymore, alleges Hunter abused Jhessye.
"Absolutely," she said. "At our functions, and get-togethers, Jhessye was not herself. I've seen marks that led me to believe she was being abused in Jerice's home."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-says-missing-child-was-abused#ixzz1bRTkyGyX

video at link

"She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."

Poor Jhessye must have been scared.. going to live with a woman she didn't know at all.. WOW

I'm struggling to believe this was a DHS placement as they tend to do reintroductions a lot slower...a few visits, then an overnight or 2, then for a couple weekends and finally a 30 day trial....

video at link

That is so sad. I just have no idea about this case --- mom? stranger? It could be either one. One thing is for sure, though - I believe Jahessye is in danger or more likely, no longer with us. :cry:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-girls-family-wants-national-media-attention-132291453.html

Johnson, other relatives and a handful of strangers who have joined the mission to find Jahessye congregated at the State Capitol on Thursday, in hopes of getting more attention for the search.

They then walked through downtown Phoenix, handing out fliers with Jahessye's picture.

"We're trying to get national attention," said Anita White, who volunteered her time to help in the effort. "Just like they're telling that story down in Kansas, we need that here."

At least they're doing something to try and get coverage and they're bringing the race discrepancy to light! (Unlike baby A's family) God Bless them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth