CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this is a powerful argument for giving one's loved ones regular gifts while alive but leaving all of one's financial assets to charity on death.

Inadvertently, Bob created a powerful incentive for his own death. Most people would never see it that way but most people aren't his three lovely daughters.

...or his son in law, or his grandson.

I say it is a powerful argument for not telling your children or grandchilden your net value.

I hope the grandsons wife has some skills. I foresee her being a single mom some day, possibly soon. In fact, I wonder if AH's loyalty is stronger to his father or his wife and children? Because he has taken one heck of a risky gamble here.

Am I the only person who has the impression that Ms Kemp had less than perfect control of her client during that deposition?

It seems clear to me that AH is off in his own little world and is not listening to his own attorney, let alone being forthcoming with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I wonder if any of that bunch wakes up each day wondering if today is THAT day the handcuffs will be slapped on? Do they wonder when a car pulls in their drive if it's a detective or two or three? I don't know how I'd sleep or eat knowing I was staring at LWOP. Someone better scramble to the DA's office and make a deal quick.

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing sometimes. Do they wonder about the rest showing up at THEIR house to do "home repairs?"

It seems clear to me that AH is off in his own little world and is not listening to his own attorney, let alone being forthcoming with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I get the impression of someone who is rather smug and overestimates his intelligence. In light of his mother's frequent and tedious statements about her superpowers, intuition, magnanimity, and wide-ranging (though often incorrect) knowledge, it could be that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Am I the only person who has the impression that Ms Kemp had less than perfect control of her client during that deposition?

I thought Algorri just crushed Kemp in that deposition. He had her scrambling. And opinions on the case aside, he was a pleasure to read.

I wonder if any of that bunch wakes up each day wondering if today is THAT day the handcuffs will be slapped on? Do they wonder when a car pulls in their drive if it's a detective or two or three? I don't know how I'd sleep or eat knowing I was staring at LWOP. Someone better scramble to the DA's office and make a deal quick.

I bet JeM and JuM do.

JuM has posted multiple times on ROTW that "nobody can get to their front door unless they call first" and that "her house is way too secure to get to the front door."

I wonder why they would feel the need for that.

No offense to Ms Kemp, but talk about being out of her league. In any case, I think she did her job and it will be up to future proceedings to see if she did it well. I mean, this depo was shades of FICA for me, lol.

Thanks go to believe09, all I did was post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, thanks go to FOIA and all who are working at shining a bright light on this. Anyone can go to the OC Superior Court and request these documents. Anyone. These are a public record. There is a lot of rich material-there are declarations, motions, counter motions, other depositions, accounting, inventories, appraisals...it is a huge file, but then again I am not familiar with other cases like this.

It seems so wasteful to me, but again I have no experience in this area. Bob's assets are being distributed I think, and the attorney's fees....oh my Lord.

I think we are all set for the paypal account-Tricia and SoSue me are going to walk me through the process and then we can see what else we can request from the files.

Yeah, he seemed to not be able to help himself from answering even as she tried frantically to derail the line of questioning at every turn. He kept jumping in and beginning to answer things, often even before the questioner had finished the question.

Her objections to the questions regarding AH's feelings and frame of mind around the time of his grandfather's disappearance were particularly telling to me. Her objections were sound IMO to that line of questioning. The attorney was trying to back door his way into info about the disappearance and that really was not relevant to the matter at hand (Where's the money). But I would have tried to go there too, in his place ;)

Her strenuous objections to that area of questioning tho IMO was well, like I said - telling. She was protecting her client's interests not just in this financial matter but in possible future criminal charges relating to Bob's disappearance. Any info regarding his feelings, etc would be fodder for criminal prosecution down the road if charges ever materialized against him relating to Bob's disappearance.

I thought Algorri just crushed Kemp in that deposition. He had her scrambling. And opinions on the case aside, he was a pleasure to read.

Oh yeah... I think I have a middle aged lady's crush on Algorri!

I was stunned that Kemp had apparently not worked out a code with AH ahead of time for "go ahead and answer" or "wait, I'm about to object." When I was deposed, my lawyer was very clear with me that I was to wait for her signal to start talking or not. She didn't want me jumping over her to answer any questions, no matter how innocuous the question seemed to be.

Not only did she not want me jumping over her to answer, she wanted me to take a second to mentally review the question to make sure I understood it correctly. To give a truthful answer to what was asked and not one iota more.

Apparently I performed well enough because I was never called to testify at the trial.

Yeah, he seemed to not be able to help himself from answering even as she tried frantically to derail the line of questioning at every turn. He kept jumping in and beginning to answer things, often even before the questioner had finished the question.

Her objections to the questions regarding AH's feelings and frame of mind around the time of his grandfather's disappearance were particularly telling to me. Her objections were sound IMO to that line of questioning. The attorney was trying to back door his way into info about the disappearance and that really was not relevant to the matter at hand (Where's the money). But I would have tried to go there too, in his place ;)

Her strenuous objections to that area of questioning tho IMO was well, like I said - telling. She was protecting her client's interests not just in this financial matter but in possible future criminal charges relating to Bob's disappearance. Any info regarding his feelings, etc would be fodder for criminal prosecution down the road if charges ever materialized against him relating to Bob's disappearance.

I agree completely tlc-that is why I think she did her job. Because this is a sworn document, it can be used in any future proceedings...and that goes for all of the depositions including Mrs Harrod's. I mean, let's speculate for a moment that a grand jury is seated on Mr Harrod's disappearance.

Already we have the inconsistency between AH's statement to an officer of the law as reported on the well being check, and his deposition. No offence to Andrew, but I think there is an imbalance between what a grand jury would believe and what Andrew states in August of last year. JMVHO.

No offense to Ms Kemp, but talk about being out of her league. In any case, I think she did her job and it will be up to future proceedings to see if she did it well. I mean, this depo was shades of FICA for me, lol.

What is FICA?

What I've seen over and over again is that really good lawyers control their clients. Ones who are not so good don't exercise control and their clients run wild during depositions and testimony.

Former Inmate Casey Anthony

What is FICA?

What I've seen over and over again is that really good lawyers control their clients. Ones who are not so good don't exercise control and their clients run wild during depositions and testimony.

Sorry Grannie-Former Inmate Casey Anthony.

For those unfamiliar with her case, the commonly held belief is that she murdered her beautiful child now 4 years ago. She was acquitted by a jury last year.

What is FICA?

He said his debt was to be forgiven upon his grandfather's death. He stopped paying his mortgage a week or so after Bob disappeared.

That was not good.

I think we are all set for the paypal account-Tricia and SoSue me are going to walk me through the process and then we can see what else we can request from the files.

Thank you for everything you have done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member