MO MO - Sharon Hurley, 24, St Louis, 24 Feb 1981

She lie's in a beautiful place where there is no more pain or suffering.

Attachments

• Sharon's Grave.jpg
    Sharon's Grave.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 39
VioletJ, do you know if J4S's dad was ever questioned? Do you recall if the names of any other suspects were released? I am curious to know what made these particular people suspects. (the 5 suspects that were mentioned in the news article)

Were you in touch with the police after the initial investigation? Were there any rumors about who did it?

Thanks in advance.

VioletJ, do you know if J4S's dad was ever questioned? Do you recall if the names of any other suspects were released? I am curious to know what made these particular people suspects. (the 5 suspects that were mentioned in the news article)

Were you in touch with the police after the initial investigation? Were there any rumors about who did it?

Thanks in advance.

Please share :( Sharon deserves justice. From help here and my research HE is still alive and should be prosecuted if HE committed this acts against her......

I will always love you.....

And I miss my family :(.....

Regardless......

Time to heal

Please share :( Sharon deserves justice. From help here and my research HE is still alive and should be prosecuted if HE committed this acts against her......

I will always love you.....

And I miss my family :(.....

Regardless......

Time to heal

Hey sweetheart, I know you miss and love your bio family and you're absolutely right that it is "time to heal". We need answers and sometimes those answers come from the most unexpected places. Keep marching onward :takeabow:

Additionally, Please familiarize yourselves with our TOS.

This is a friendly reminder of some of the rules here at WS.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact Tricia, Websleuths owner, at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I guess I'm guilty of a major breach in ettiquette, mea culpa.
I didn't want to post something that MIGHT be relevant to this case, because I didn't want to screw up in public.
Something about this case grabbed my attention, and I started reading the posts. The further I got, the more I wondered, and finally, I was running out of time to read and wanted to tell you so I sent a PM to someone. Basically, it's this:

A young woman was found deceased in East Pittsburgh, PA under the Westinghouse Bridge, somewhere along the creek, near the railroad tracks, near the Triboro Hwy. It was the morning after the final night of the Turtle Creek Volunteer Firemen's Fair, in June. Most likely 79-83. I'm thinking more like 81-82. I don't remember if she was clothed or not, but she had been 'strangled, drowned, set on fire, etc.' They released information on a class ring that was found and that's how they got her ID. Her maiden name was Susan Savage, she had graduated from high school possibly in 1971. I'm thinking Wilkinsburg, but it could have been Penn Hills. Her family lived on Laketon Road.
She was last seen late the night before leaving a bar, some said with an unknown man.
The town is small and it would have been very unusual for someone local to be unknown to everyone. Several years earlier, she had been a married mom of young children. By this time, she was at least separated from her husband, and was supposed to be living in an apartment with her children and mother.
Someone heard on a scanner sometime around 6-8 am that a body had been reported.
As far as I know the person wasn't caught. The more I read on here the more I wondered if these two murders were related and if there were possibly other victims in other places as well.

I guess I'm guilty of a major breach in ettiquette, mea culpa.
I didn't want to post something that MIGHT be relevant to this case, because I didn't want to screw up in public.
Something about this case grabbed my attention, and I started reading the posts. The further I got, the more I wondered, and finally, I was running out of time to read and wanted to tell you so I sent a PM to someone. Basically, it's this:

A young woman was found deceased in East Pittsburgh, PA under the Westinghouse Bridge, somewhere along the creek, near the railroad tracks, near the Triboro Hwy. It was the morning after the final night of the Turtle Creek Volunteer Firemen's Fair, in June. Most likely 79-83. I'm thinking more like 81-82. I don't remember if she was clothed or not, but she had been 'strangled, drowned, set on fire, etc.' They released information on a class ring that was found and that's how they got her ID. Her maiden name was Susan Savage, she had graduated from high school possibly in 1971. I'm thinking Wilkinsburg, but it could have been Penn Hills. Her family lived on Laketon Road.
She was last seen late the night before leaving a bar, some said with an unknown man.
The town is small and it would have been very unusual for someone local to be unknown to everyone. Several years earlier, she had been a married mom of young children. By this time, she was at least separated from her husband, and was supposed to be living in an apartment with her children and mother.
Someone heard on a scanner sometime around 6-8 am that a body had been reported.
As far as I know the person wasn't caught. The more I read on here the more I wondered if these two murders were related and if there were possibly other victims in other places as well.

What happened I am confused.....

And thanks interesting

Hello my websleuths family in the past we brought up trying to make a timeline can we try doing this again......

J4S,

I am so sorry all this has been so difficult for you. I would have hoped certain information had not been available to you as a child. No child should have to hear bad things about one or both of their parents. This affects a child's perception of his/her self worth. It's one thing to have to deal with it as an adult, it's another to lay all this on a child. I wish it were possible to make it all better, but I can only tell you that you haven't done anything wrong, you were an innocent in this no matter who hurt your mom. If it was your dad, it doesn't lessen your value as a person.

J4S, I thought this case in Pennsylvania could be related to your mother's. I didn't want to post the details of the other case in public, so I sent a PM and I was apologizing for screwing up. I thought it unusual or too coincidental that both your mom and this young woman had so much in common, but I didn't want to bring it in here unless it was relevant, then I did when I read about the PMs. So sorry, I didn't mean to distract, I apologize everyone.

Spoke to detective says there may not be anything that can be done in this case. Looks like most likely the files and stuff were lost. Sad!!!! Says he will pass on the stuff we have to a few more people and give him another two weeks. So I don't know what to say but thanks to all the help you guys have given me. The most important thing and biggest blessing of all was I was able to find my mothers best friend my Auntie Violet and she is back in my life (I love you). This was one hard journey and it stinks that it stops here and I pray it doesn't but not sure what else to do but live my life to the fullest possible and know that she is in heaven watching over me. Things all happen for a reason I was able to become a stronger person and look at my life and make some major changes because I am not done in this life yet and the road was looking dim but now there is light there.

Spoke to detective says there may not be anything that can be done in this case. Looks like most likely the files and stuff were lost. Sad!!!! Says he will pass on the stuff we have to a few more people and give him another two weeks. So I don't know what to say but thanks to all the help you guys have given me. The most important thing and biggest blessing of all was I was able to find my mothers best friend my Auntie Violet and she is back in my life (I love you). This was one hard journey and it stinks that it stops here and I pray it doesn't but not sure what else to do but live my life to the fullest possible and know that she is in heaven watching over me. Things all happen for a reason I was able to become a stronger person and look at my life and make some major changes because I am not done in this life yet and the road was looking dim but now there is light there.

:sigh:

Justice,

I know it is hard to accept right now, but maybe this is a Blessing in disguise for you. Maybe you can just wait and KNOW that Universal Karma will do it's job in regards to the guilty. But that it might be more important for you to now focus on your sweet child and your own life now. Time to heal rifts with your family and live a good life, which as a mother, I KNOW would be what your lovely mother wants for you. She does not want you trapped or caught up in her difficult past. So make a new path for yourself and your baby and maker mommy proud of you. :star::rose:

Justice,

Are you doing okay? This must have hit you pretty hard. I know how hard you have been working to get this resolved. Hang in there.

I am thrilled that you reconnected with some important family members. Maybe that was what you were 'supposed' to do and what you were supposed to gain from all of this. If so, then it is not really a dead end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back