Mexico Mexico - Answers for Ally

July 11 is not a special date. I think my parents picked that day because the 9th I had a sleep over at the house, the 10th more friends stayed at the house... So the next day was good for them I guess.

I celebrate what the birth cert says, july 9.

But I guess there is not much else to do until I get a hold of those documents.

You have been great guiding me and giving me ideas.

Its not painful. I'm ok. I just want to find the truth.

Is anyone in long island, ny that would like to meet and talk?

allybeeb welcome and you came to the right place. the posters here in this forum are on it and they will all help you. I am a voyeur because I cannot keep up with the skills of this group.

Welcome again and hang on!

Oh, Ally, I would be careful about who I met in person. I am actually hoping to have dinner tomorrow with a fellow WebSleuther who I have met online; and who lives in the local area - but we have gotten to know each other over a fairly LONG period of time here on WS's, and we have exchanged phone numbers, etc. WebSleuths is the most wonderful group of people you will ever meet anywhere - they truly care about other people, but you just never know who could be on the internet with the wrong intentions. I sure don't want to scare you, but maybe it is just because of all of the stuff I read on the internet that makes me cautious. :bud:

Oh, Ally, I would be careful about who I met in person. I am actually hoping to have dinner tomorrow with a fellow WebSleuther who I have met online; and who lives in the local area - but we have gotten to know each other over a fairly LONG period of time here on WS's, and we have exchanged phone numbers, etc. WebSleuths is the most wonderful group of people you will ever meet anywhere - they truly care about other people, but you just never know who could be on the internet with the wrong intentions. I sure don't want to scare you, but maybe it is just because of all of the stuff I read on the internet that makes me cautious. :bud:

Thank you! Yeah... I wouldn't meet in person right away. I would talk for a while first.

Its crazy how bad its getting out there. I didn't realize there were this much of missing persons. Tragic endings. Sigh!

That's OK girl...you stick with us. Anything going on, you let us know and we will make sure it is OK. I do have ANOTHER question for you - are you getting tired of us yet??? Have you ever had an interest in True Crime before??? This stuff can be hard to take, but somehow, I think you might have the ability to hang out with us.

Since you said you havn't spoken to your parents about it since 2000, when you visit them, do you think they would be inclined to give you a little more information? Especially since you're grown up now.

Another long shot (and definately not meant to be offensive, just throwing possibilities), do you think your birth mother could have been a relative? Cousin, Aunt, Niece, etc... and perhaps she was an outcast from your family, maybe drugs or something? So they adopted you to give you a better life, and they wont give you information so you dont figure it out? Perhaps she really did die, or perhaps she is still alive?

Yea....honestly; I don't know that I would go to my parents at this point with these questions. I think I would pursue some of the avenues we can dig up first, and especially some of the avenues your friends on the ground there in Mexico can pursue. This is going to be a touchy situation. You have to admit the circumstances of your adoption seem a bit odd from our current perspective. A biological mother who mysteriously dies without any identification or apparent records; family members who were in positions to have facilitated activities that were perhaps a bit beyond what was deemed legal; a time when records were not as easy to trace as they are now. Then again - your adoptive parents TOLD you that you were adopted. I don't think they would have done this if they had been participants in anything above the law. It would have made much more sense to just live out their lives as if you were their biological child. In any case, we do not want to bring harm or pain to your parents either. What do the rest of you guys think?

There are way too many questions that need to be answered here! Too many possibilities to consider without a bit more information. Ally - will be happy to assist you in any way once we have a bit more to go on. Having you here with us is awesome and so, so, so different from what we're used to! But I can see this going off in a million - unproductive - directions unless we know more.

:blowkiss:

There are way too many questions that need to be answered here! Too many possibilities to consider without a bit more information. Ally - will be happy to assist you in any way once we have a bit more to go on. Having you here with us is awesome and so, so, so different from what we're used to! But I can see this going off in a million - unproductive - directions unless we know more.

This is true. I think it's great that Ally has found WS to help her in her search, because there are some AMAZING sleuthers out there.

I dont want Ally to feel like she's being bombarded with questions, but since she is the actual person we are tying to help we all have a million and one questions.

I hope we can help you Ally, or at the very least, give you ideas in which direction to pursue.

Awww... You are the best! I don't so feel lost and confused anymore...

Yes, I have always had an interest in true crime... I remember going to a bookstore in san antonio, texas to get a book (duh! I know... I'm a bookworm) and the book I bought was a true crime one, jonbenet to be exact.

I have also considered that theory, that my bio mom could be an out cast of the family... But I don't know..

The possibilities are endless.

But I agree, I need to get more info in order to move forward.

I also wonder why tell me I was adopted? I never questioned them about anything like that before.

And its crazy... I do look like my dad.

About telling my parents about my search, I think it would be best to have proof, and stuff. If I don't find any useful info, there is no need to have them go through an emotional rollercoaster for nothing and damage our relationship.

I do like getting questions, ill never get tired of you guys. I found great persons and friends here. I'm here to stay!

Yes, I have always had an interest in true crime... I remember going to a bookstore in san antonio, texas to get a book (duh! I know... I'm a bookworm) and the book I bought was a true crime one, jonbenet to be exact.

I have also considered that theory, that my bio mom could be an out cast of the family... But I don't know..

I also wonder why tell me I was adopted? I never questioned them about anything like that before.

About telling my parents about my search, I think it would be best to have proof, and stuff. If I don't find any useful info, there is no need to have them go through an emotional rollercoaster for nothing and damage our relationship.

I do like getting questions, ill never get tired of you guys. I found great persons and friends here. I'm here to stay!

Hi Ally !! I am so glad to enter this thread and see you have joined us. I need to go read in detail, but I was so excited to see you here that I wanted to welcome you. I also noticed you mentioned San Antonio, TX, which is where I'm near. When were you in this area?

You've got a great group of folks here working with you now. So glad you found your way here !

Well, Ally - whatever happens with your personal journey - we're happy to have you here. There are lots of folks out there who need our help and whatever brought you here, you've found us for a reason!

Ally:

Hi and welcome to websleuths, you could not have come to a better group than this to help you find answers!

I, too, am adopted-was adopted when I was 5. If I told the whole story of my situation, it truly would be a soap opera! I had three siblings from my natural family that I always wanted to find (did not want to find my mother and father, but have found them too) It took my 15 years to find everyone, but I did. Two of my siblings had been adopted out to other families, so there were times where I thought I would never find them, there were just so many obstacles, but fate always seemed to be on my side. I did post on several adoption search sites, and that is how one of my sisters found me, so perhaps you could start there too? One of the best sites is the International Soundex Reunion Registry (ISRR).

One more thing I will say...My adoptive parents were not very forthcoming with information, and as a matter of fact, even though I was old enough to remember being adopted, and remembered my natural family, it was not discussed when I was growing up. I have a younger adoptive sister who did not find out until she was 12 (I am 8 yrs older) that I was adopted. When I started my search, I did not tell them. When I did finally tell them, they were angry and hurt. Now that everyone has been found, however, they have adjusted, and they realize that I would not/did not abandon them, and love them as my REAL parents. As you go through this process, be mindful of your parents fears, but also be honest with them. There is a chance that your mother IS alive, and your parents know that, but told you she was dead so you would not search. Now that you are an adult, perhaps if you have a good relationship with them, you could broach the subject again and see if they will be forthcoming with more information. They must know more than they told you before... Hang in there---there will be moments of excitement, moments of disappointment, moments where you will not understand anything that has happened. Be strong, and have someone who you know loves you (your husband) who you know will always be in your corner. I would love to help you if/when I can!

Seems to me like the place to start would be the hospital where she was born. See what kind of records they have on the mother.

It's possible her adoptive family is lying about this entire story and just TELLING her that her bio mom is dead. It's also possible the woman was identified and the adoptive family just doesn't know about it because it happened after the fact.

Hospitals usually don't have records from that long ago and even if they do they wouldn't be allowed to tell her anything. She has to get her non ID information and like I said if she is a native American she has the legal right to her adoption papers.

Why did your parents decide to discuss the "adoption"? With no adoption records, and a birth certificate with their names...why 'let the cat out of the bag', so to speak?
Was it something you yourself had begun to question?

When you adopt a child the adoptive parents names go on the birth certificate.

I haven't talked to law enforcement. But I will when I go back to monterrey.
I wish I had found u guys 3 weeks ago, I was there for almost 3 weeks visiting.

Find out where you need to call or write a letter about getting your non identifying information from your adoption papers.

The Indian Child Welfare Act applies to all 50 U.S. states. It is important if either the birth mother or the birth father has any Native American Indian heritage. If this is the case, your adoption agency will be able to take care of the details in meeting the requirements of this law.

I would contact them.

Adoption in the Republic of Mexico is governed by the civil codes and the civil procedures code of each of the 31 Mexican states.
MEXICO EMBASSY AND CONSULATES IN THE US:
Embassy of Mexico
Consular Section
2827 16th Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20009-4260
Tel: (202) 736-1000

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics