The Perfect Crime?

All the Florida lawyers I have seen commenting on the case claim that she can only be charged once for everything to do with Caylee. They cannot go back and charge her for murder after this case goes forward. They have all said that. It is an odd rule in FL. However there was some disagreement from other talking heads that were not FL lawyers so I don't know for sure. Personally I think LE will charge her with manslaughter or murder before November if they are ever going to. I am almost sure they will.

I have not heard the quotes on what you are referring to, so I cant address what FL statute they are referring to- My guess is it has more to do with the evidentiary issues related to the neglect case if she were to be acquitted.. Which is ludicrous as we all know. I think that coupled with if there is a conviction than there would be some issue as to allowing prior bad acts in to a murder trial, would be prejudicial I am assuming would be the argument.
That's the quick answer.. But fwiw, I do not feel we have a thing to worry about here. The principals are playing beat the clock against LE finding Caylee's remains, and the nervousness of the person who helped her, and I am hearing that person is very, very nervous. To quote a friend, "we are on God's Time", we will get her.

Give em time. Notice how quiet things have been this week, LE not saying much, press laying low....if you have kids you know when they are quiet, somethings up.
i keep waiting for something today---IT'S WEDNESDAY LE LEAK DAY---LOL!!two weeks ago it was the 400 pages(well...that wasn't a leak) and then last wednseday it was the chloroform!!!i hope they are all having a meeting and deciding what will be the best leak info. for the week!!!

All the Florida lawyers I have seen commenting on the case claim that she can only be charged once for everything to do with Caylee. They cannot go back and charge her for murder after this case goes forward. They have all said that. It is an odd rule in FL. However there was some disagreement from other talking heads that were not FL lawyers so I don't know for sure. Personally I think LE will charge her with manslaughter or murder before November if they are ever going to. I am almost sure they will.

This does not make sense to me Kathy.

Are your Florida lawyers saying that a person convicted of attempted murder can NOT be tried for 1st Degree MURDER if the victim later dies as a direct result of the original attack?

Kidding aside, I actually do not think this case will see the inside of a court room.
Two scenarios:
1) Whoever helped Casey move Caylee from GP's will be given limited immunity and talk. Resulting in her plea of guilty to LWOP. Access may pleas nolo contendre to improper burial.
2) They find Baby Caylee and it is a finger pointin' shoot out to see who gets the best deal, and she will lose, and she will plea guilty, resulting in LWOP.

From your mouth to God's ears. Amen!

I am beginning to think that LE does not have any hard evidence to bring charges and she may have enough defence with her story as crazy as it is.

With her parents backing her story 100% and with no body she may slide by with just neglect charges.

All of the evidence is back from the lab and they have no body and no charges have been filed.

I think the result is going to be a short jail sentence a book and movie deal and the Anthony's will live happily ever after with a rich life from movies, books, and donations.

If they had a case...they would press charges...no charges = NO CASE!

She will walk after a short jail term free and rich.

JMHO!~

I disagree. I think they are holding out in hopes of finding her body. I also think that they are dotting every single i and t and making a cement solid case.

No, she CANNOT be charged with murder after the neglect charges go to court. Thats the odd rule they have FL. You can only charge 1 time on an incindent. Whatever relates to this case of Caylee missing must be charged in one court case. They cannot bring new charges later on Caylee missing or dead. Other states yes, Florida, no. It stinks!

Can you quote a source on that so I might look it up.

Btw- everyone, REMEMBER, OSCO is not the only investigating body here. Hint Hint. Murder can be a Federal Offense as well- kwim?

Poor Cassy was framed...Zanny the nanny took Caylee and killed her then put her in the trunk to move her (Zanny the Nanny stole a set of poor Cassy's keys).

Cindy backs this story, George backs this story and Lee backs this story.

Poor Cassy, lost her baby and was framed for a crime.

But the good news is they will all get rich and live happily ever after!~

The end.

Guilty or not guilty, rich or poor......the fact will be:

George will still be George
Cindy will still be Cindy
Casey will still be Casey

They cannot change who or what they are. They are all sentenced to being themselves for the remainder of their days on this planet.

I'm beginning to think Casey purposely killed Caylee to 'show her mom' who's in control.

That Cindy threatened to take custody and Casey did away with Caylee. I believe this strongly - just thinking about how sociopaths work, they need the control always. Caylee was her control over her family.

Could this be what Casey was thinking?

I gave her life and I can take it away--being the ultimate control.

I doubt it to be honest with you. They are just giving it some time. They have all the time in the world to charge her with murder. Let's face it Caylee is more than likely gone. Once they convict her of her current charges she'll be locked up in prison with no place to go. Why not take your time and build and unbeatable case?

sorry if this has already been discussed, but I was under the impression that they do have a timeline because of the neglect charges. Apparently it would fall under double jeopardy, even though I disagree.

Btw- everyone, REMEMBER, OSCO is not the only investigating body here. Hint Hint. Murder can be a Federal Offense as well- kwim?

Right..that is what has me thinking and why I asked for your help..Many thanks:blowkiss:

Her defense team is terrible. Keep in mind that Baez LOST his previous defense of a child-killer - within the last couple months.

They have enough evidence to convict Casey even without Caylee's body, (tho I believe it will be found).

And Casey will spend the rest of her life in prison. Staring at the walls. Going quietly insane.

I honestly don't understand why Casey picked him then. :waitasec:

I am sure they have enough evidence. They aren't releasing everything. We probably just know the tip of the iceberg.

That's the 2nd time I've seen OSCO. Is that a typo, where it should be OCSO or is their another investigating body with those initials. Not trying to nit-pick, just wanting make sure.

Also, murder as a Federal Offense. That is usually when a government official is involved and or crossing state lines. Am I correct?

Blink,

They are using sec 775.021 of the Florida statutes, as cited in this 2008 double jeopardy case.http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/caselaw/2008/05/27/state-v-rothwell/
to stretch the principles of double jep.

It's just an argument for atty JB to make. I doubt it would fly.

jmo

I'm curious....If I was sentenced for injuring someone while DUI, and later that person died as a result of the injuries they sustained, I could not be charged separately for causing their death?

But fwiw, I do not feel we have a thing to worry about here. The principals are playing beat the clock against LE finding Caylee's remains, and the nervousness of the person who helped her, and I am hearing that person is very, very nervous. To quote a friend, "we are on God's Time", we will get her.

But don't you think it is strange they offered Casey the limited immunity, and not this person? Personally makes me wonder.

Lore, Florida Courts have been allowing the prosecution in that circumstance, by using the arguments that there are additional elements in the crime later charged. jmo

i keep waiting for something today---IT'S WEDNESDAY LE LEAK DAY---LOL!!two weeks ago it was the 400 pages(well...that wasn't a leak) and then last wednseday it was the chloroform!!!i hope they are all having a meeting and deciding what will be the best leak info. for the week!!!

I haven't seen anything today so far but yesterday the defense did request that forensic evidence be preserved and sent for further testing... So yesterday was Defense Request Tuesday lol.

I am beginning to think that LE does not have any hard evidence to bring charges and she may have enough defence with her story as crazy as it is.

With her parents backing her story 100% and with no body she may slide by with just neglect charges.

All of the evidence is back from the lab and they have no body and no charges have been filed.

I think the result is going to be a short jail sentence a book and movie deal and the Anthony's will live happily ever after with a rich life from movies, books, and donations.

If they had a case...they would press charges...no charges = NO CASE!

She will walk after a short jail term free and rich.

JMHO!~

Child neglect is a minimum 5 year sentence. There is no statute of limitations on murder, so the DA could wait for 40 years and then file on her. They just don't want to charge her and let her get a not-guilty verdict because then she really would walk free forever. I have faith. They don't HAVE to have a body, but it sure makes it a lot easier if she does have one. I am also wondering if they can get her on an possession of an illegal substance as chloroform is illegal except under very strict guildelines and she doesn't fit those guidelines. The more things she is charged with the longer the sentence as prior convictions count.

I also wonder if Federal charges can be filed for her.

They only want to leak the least amount they can. They don't have to provide the information to defense until she is charged.

Baez is building a defense on charges that she has not been charged with yet.

There is NO such thing as the perfect crime. Every criminal makes at least 25 mistakes. We already have her nailed on some of them - imappropriate behavior. Also, if they try to claim someone else did it, I am sure the police have fingerprinted her car. Knowing Casey, however, I wouldn't put it past her to blame Cindy for this. I wonder how her parents will feel when that happens.

That's the 2nd time I've seen OSCO. Is that a typo, where it should be OCSO or is their another investigating body with those initials. Not trying to nit-pick, just wanting make sure.

Also, murder as a Federal Offense. That is usually when a government official is involved and or crossing state lines. Am I correct?

Sorry, Orange County Sheriff's Office (same as OCSD)
There is a myriad of ranges for Fed offenses, It is not my particular area, most especially if it is attached to a fed crime or in the commission thereof.. I think that is Plan B, fwiw

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back