The Perfect Crime?

This does not make sense to me Kathy.

Are your Florida lawyers saying that a person convicted of attempted murder can NOT be tried for 1st Degree MURDER if the victim later dies as a direct result of the original attack?
I believe they mean that the neglect charge cannot be used against her in a murder charge. Noit sure, but I don't see WHY they couldn't try her for murder, but if they can't, put her in a stadium and let the crowd at her.

AND prior bad acts CAN be used in sentencing, including juvenile records so if she has anythning in her past, it will lengthen her sentence.

But don't you think it is strange they offered Casey the limited immunity, and not this person? Personally makes me wonder.

No, I think they did it specifically on purpose. There were additional conversations that took place during this time if we paid close attention.
Also, if she is back in a cell to ponder it, anyone else involved has no access, and she would not know what was going on outside if such person was compelled to come forward..
I'm content to sit out that Justice will be served here, I believe that. I would LIKE to believe that also means finding Caylee.

If I were prosecuting Casey, and her neglect trial came around , and the murder investigation was still ongoing (even though it was definitely going to result in a charge, it needs more time)

and I had major concerns and fears that trying the Neglect charge would cause me to later sacrifice the murder charge,

I would dismiss the neglect charge. That kills that argument.

jmf (justmyfantasy)

I am beginning to think that LE does not have any hard evidence to bring charges and she may have enough defence with her story as crazy as it is.

With her parents backing her story 100% and with no body she may slide by with just neglect charges.

All of the evidence is back from the lab and they have no body and no charges have been filed.

I think the result is going to be a short jail sentence a book and movie deal and the Anthony's will live happily ever after with a rich life from movies, books, and donations.

If they had a case...they would press charges...no charges = NO CASE!

She will walk after a short jail term free and rich.

JMHO!~

My husband and I agree with you. We were just talking about this last night.

I'm beginning to think Casey purposely killed Caylee to 'show her mom' who's in control.

That Cindy threatened to take custody and Casey did away with Caylee. I believe this strongly - just thinking about how sociopaths work, they need the control always. Caylee was her control over her family.
I tend to agree on that. After the big fight I believe Casey made up her mind that she was going to do away with caylee. moo...she wanted to be free of her whole family, I think...especially her mom and daughter.

Right now, shes only being charged with neglect, etc. She goes to trial for those charges. And then at some point in the future, more evidence surfaces like a body, Casey cannot be charged with a higher offense, murder? There is no statute of limitations on murder. Double jeopardy comes in to play to protect people from being charged and tried for an offense that they already were tried and acquitted for. Right?

There is no statute of limitations on murder.
It wouldn't fall under double jeapardy because they aren't the same charge.

BUT Florida law says you cannot be charged multiple times for crimes relating to the same incident. Caylee missing is the crux of these charges, if they go to trial on the neglect charges and have not filed the murder charge they cannot go back and charge her again. In normal situations this is to stop abuse by the prosecuters office of ruining your life by charging you in dribs and drabbles of charges.

In this case, which I don't see happening, but if they cannot file the murder charges before the neglect charges go to court it will have been a major strategic error by LE. Of course they expected her to talk when they hauled her into jail and saw it as the quickest way to find Caylee if she was still alive. But Baez is hoping and praying they get to the November neglect trial before a murder indictment can come down.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17193405/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

LOOPHOLE COULD ALLOW CASEY TO BEAT SYSTEM

A loophole could allow Caylee Anthony's mother to beat the system. She's still only facing charges of child neglect and giving false statements.

If her attorney asks for a speedy trial, they could be the only charges she ever faces. Florida law prohibits a person from being tried on more serious charges at a later date if the person stands trial for something that's related.

"If you lose a kid and that results in a child's death, that's one and the same case, because those are manslaughter charges," said board-certified trial attorney Richard Hornsby.

If Casey was found guilty of child neglect, she would only serve up to five years in prison versus a maximum of life for murder. Still, detectives have never said that Caylee Anthony
is dead or that Casey is under investigation for murder or manslaughter.

With no body and no proof that Cassy killed Caylee herself she can stick to her story and she will not be convicted of murder.

All she has to do is stick to her story and she is home free.
First of all, I respectfully disagree. Her story has 65,000 holes in it ... your statement sounds as if she has this iron-clad story that can't be refuted. We've all seen that that is very far from the truth.

Secondly, sticking to a story must be easier said than done because Casey has demonstrated trouble in that area.

If I were prosecuting Casey, and her neglect trial came around , and the murder investigation was still ongoing (even though it was definitely going to result in a charge, it needs more time)

and I had major concerns and fears that trying the Neglect charge would cause me to later sacrifice the murder charge,

I would dismiss the neglect charge. That kills that argument.

jmf (justmyfantasy)

There are ramifications to that unfortunately. The prosecuter cannot just file charges, pull them, and then refile them when convenient. They would have to show that something major changed in the evidence pool and would leave themselves open to having the pre-exisiting evidence kept out of court.

I am confident personally they will charge her, but they put themselves under time constraints to do so.

In my opinion Baez is just using her so that he can gain his own fame and notoriety, hoping it will pay off in the long run with other clients that have plenty of money.
That's sort of the way it's seemed to me, too.

I am beginning to think that LE does not have any hard evidence to bring charges and she may have enough defence with her story as crazy as it is.

With her parents backing her story 100% and with no body she may slide by with just neglect charges.

All of the evidence is back from the lab and they have no body and no charges have been filed.

I think the result is going to be a short jail sentence a book and movie deal and the Anthony's will live happily ever after with a rich life from movies, books, and donations.

If they had a case...they would press charges...no charges = NO CASE!

She will walk after a short jail term free and rich.

JMHO!~

I agree with you and have been saying it for over a week. LE doesnt let people they really have evidence to convict of murder walk free like KC. They lock them up with no bond. I dont think they have all the evidence that has been leaked. I PRAY I AM WRONG...

Someone close to this case (I know that I'm suppose to provide "proof" of such statements, but because this person has kindly corresponded with me - a complete stranger - I feel obligated to get his permission before posting personal information) told me last evening that he met with LE this weekend and provided some information and that he truly believes the end is near - that they are VERY close to finding Caylee. I pray he is correct!

There are ramifications to that unfortunately. The prosecuter cannot just file charges, pull them, and then refile them when convenient. They would have to show that something major changed in the evidence pool and would leave themselves open to having the pre-exisiting evidence kept out of court.

I am confident personally they will charge her, but they put themselves under time constraints to do so.

Can I get a cite for this? I don't really know what an evidence pool would be.
Thanks!

Sometimes I worry about the same thing.

However, the A's will *not* be good witnesses for her defense b/c of all of their lies and, err, "mis-statements".... the prosecutor will rip them to shreds, IMHO.

Misstatements, "mistruths," half-truths, and the timeless "communicating in their own way (like Casey). "

I am very doubtful they will find Caylee. Not to be graphic, but so much time has lapsed, her little body is bones. If they do find her (sorry) bones, there will be no way to prove how she died.
I think Casey will get away with minimal charges.
I hope I am wrong!

Yeah BUT if the defense is good, I have heard that "air samples" are a new thing and can be questionable and as far as the death band, I guess other things *can* cause that as well....So, my point being....unfortunately, the circumstancials here are VERY circumstancial.

Most murder convictions come from Circumstancial evidence, not direct evidence, which is not as good always depending on what it is. As in eye witness which most of the time is wrong. Remember all the people that saw Laci?

I find this very troubling. It sounds like in FL there can be a statute of limitations on murder. This law is very troubling. Sure wish a FL atty would come on and clarify this for us...

Someone close to this case (I know that I'm suppose to provide "proof" of such statements, but because this person has kindly corresponded with me - a complete stranger - I feel obligated to get his permission before posting personal information) told me last evening that he met with LE this weekend and provided some information and that he truly believes the end is near - that they are VERY close to finding Caylee. I pray he is correct!

I am familiar with same source, and I think that is more optimistic than the report I got. Yes, he thinks it is close, no, no real proof of it, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back