Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this meter reader guy saw Casey dump the bag in the woods. I think he called for three days to report it, but did not know where it was exactly, but remembered seeing her. I think he went back and found out he was right all along.

You know, I've been on this thread bashing the meter reader but I never thought about the fact that he may have saw her dump the body. I think he saw her too. That's probably why LE took the sunglasses from the A's home. He probably described a young woman wearing sunglasses being seen dumping a trash bag in that wooded area.

We know that the meter reader was on that route on Aug 11, 12, and 13? And apparently on Dec 11. I would like to know about his routes in June and July. If he saw her dump the body, that would've had to be back in June right? If that is the case and he saw her dump the bag, why would he wait until August to investigate it? Is it because Klee wasn't reported missing until July? Then still my question is, why did he wait until August to investigate it?

I'm sure he said it, but I can't believe it's true. What about if the body is sealed in a humid environment with no air flow, like a plastic bag? What if the plastic bag is under water? Have we ever learned for certain when the area flooded?

If it were sealed and underwater the decomposition would be much slower.

You know, I've been on this thread bashing the meter reader but I never thought about the fact that he may have saw her dump the body. I think he saw her too. That's probably why LE took the sunglasses from the A's home. He probably described a young woman wearing sunglasses being seen dumping a trash bag in that wooded area.

We know that the meter reader was on that route on Aug 11, 12, and 13? And apparently on Dec 11. I would like to know about his routes in June and July. If he saw her dump the body, that would've had to be back in June right? If that is the case and he saw her dump the bag, why would he wait until August to investigate it? Is it because Klee wasn't reported missing until July? Then still my question is, why did he wait until August to investigate it?

Believe it or not, everyone does not watch the news. I have a friend in Orlando who knew nothing about any of this until late August. They had been busy and until when we were talking on the phone, they did not really pay that much attention to any of it.

I heard the call of the meter reader on Nacy tonight. The area he described in the August calls was further down if I understood the call correctly. I'm not from orlando. I thought the dumb site was off Chickasaw and Suburban. In the call he talks about going past this area. So maybe what he saw in August had nothing to do with what he found in December. JMO on what I heard.

I'm thinking a few days in the hot trunk before the woods, got things started very quickly. There's already skin slippage by day three.

Hi SuzieQ, ITA, and it is amazing to see what most likely happened in the 2.6 days her body was supposedly in the trunk of the car:

rigor, livor and algor mortis
gasses escaped - if body moved in that time more gasses and smell escape
skin starts to discolor
bloating
skin starts to slip

All within 24 to 36 hours except the Death Odour dogs sniff, which is set around 2 hours after death.

http://www.coronerstories.com/2005/06/02/%E2%80%9Chuman-decomposition%E2%80%9D/

xox

I do not find it strange at all. The area was underwater.

What I do find strange is the calls and the amount of time spent at the scene to look for this:

8/11 - officer spent a little over 4 minutes

8/12 - officer spent 7 minutes

8/13 - officer spent 25 minutes and reported it was trash only.

My guess is the man did not feel it was checked well enough for such a large area and kept going back. As everyone knows I have S/R dogs and many times I go on hunches and they are accurate. It is a 'gut" feeling sometimes for which there is no good explanation but just that feeling. I imagine that man had that feeling about that place. You just know because you "know."

I agree. I think the first two times they tried to respond but he wasn't on the scene, so they didn't really know where to look. They told him to call back when he could actually meet there and show them what he was talking about. On that third call to the site they looked at what he wanted them to look at but it was just trash. It was clearly not the same bag that included her remains. Whether they were even close to where the body was ultimately found or not still remains to be seen. Obviously they were in the general area (correct side of the road, etc.) - but they could have been farther down Suburban. We don't really know that yet.

I think this guy is very interested in the case and probably has searched that area and other possible areas on his route. I think he came back there when he was re-assigned there in December. Notice how he knew he didn't seem to know the streets he was on, but he knew he was in the "Caylee Anthony area". My guess is he has searched alot in the last 5 months. He tried searching Suburban Drive again when he was re-assigned back to that area...and this time he got lucky.

I do not think there is ANY way he is involved in this mess. He was a persistent seacher who got lucky. What this does show to me is that LE was truly following up on every lead. Can you imagine how many phone calls and "tips" they received? It seems to me they were doing their best to close each one - despite the extreme strain on manpower that must have caused.

If it were sealed and underwater the decomposition would be much slower.

Hi TURBOTHINK, Yea. I agree. However I think closing the bag with duct tape would insure it wasn't air tight, even with a bag within a bag. I always wondered where these little bugs come from as they just suddenly appear!

Anyway, in a normal climate after 50 days the body would already be in dry decay, the last stage of decomposition, and so most of the flesh would have been removed by Aug 11th when the psychic lady said "Oh, there's water back here" or SS. In Florida that last stge could have been working for awhile too if July was hot. IMO

Hi SuzieQ, ITA, and it is amazing to see what most likely happened in the 2.6 days her body was supposedly in the trunk of the car:

skin starts to discolor
bloating
skin starts to slip

All within 24 to 36 hours except the Death Odour dogs sniff, which is set around 2 hours after death.

http://www.coronerstories.com/2005/06/02/“human-decomposition”/

xox

It is my understanding that when the gas builds to a pressure point of needing to escape this is what causes the fluid leakage, there will be some from all orifices but the majority of the fluids are from the stomach and are purged via the rectum. That is what I think the basketball sized stain is and the source of the smell.

skin starts to discolor
bloating
skin starts to slip

http://www.coronerstories.com/2005/06/02/%E2%80%9Chuman-decomposition%E2%80%9D/

xox

And I think that is what gets to me the most.
To imagine little Beautiful Sweet Innocent Caylee like that her body like that and her mother looking at that, touching that .

Words fail me

And I think that is what gets to me the most.
To imagine little Beautiful Sweet Innocent Caylee like that her body like that and her mother looking at that, touching that .

Words fail me

I know Jane, It is almost beyond comprehension. This is an awful subject to discuss but unfortunately it is an important part of the case with her body being in that trunk for 2.6 days. It is just a part of sleuthing. Until I read up, I had no idea how much happens within a few days. That link in my post above is written referencing Florida. xox

It is my understanding that when the gas builds to a pressure point of needing to escape this is what causes the fluid leakage, there will be some from all orifices but the majority of the fluids are from the stomach and are purged via the rectum. That is what I think the basketball sized stain is and the source of the smell.

Hi Impatientredhead, I've read that too and think all conditions were optimum for rapid decomposition. xox

ETA: I also think Casey might have had a surprise when she moved the body into the bags!

Believe it or not, everyone does not watch the news. I have a friend in Orlando who knew nothing about any of this until late August. They had been busy and until when we were talking on the phone, they did not really pay that much attention to any of it.

It's post like yours that should make people relize that KC CAN get a "FAIR" trial in OC...I'm a self-described introvert living in another state, and I have NO ONE in my circle/life who knows "Jack S&&t" about this case except for my elderly mother who is a "who done it fan" on another board. Lots of people have heard "a little" but not alot have really bothered to hear A LOT! Know what I mean?

Ok...a couple of questions, and please forgive me if they've been addressed, but didn't he first report a white bag? And wasn't TM the one who first said that report was erroneous...it was a black bag? Could this have aided in any confusion?
Also, with no disrespect, but do we know if he was asked to take lie detector test?

My son was a meter reader for 10 years. He still works for the utility company but in a different position. I just called him and ask him about this.
He said that when you read meters you /he carried a device called an "itron meter reader". He knew where his route started and where it ended and if he had to come out of the yard onto the street and tell someone exactly where he was - that he could not have done it without stopping and really figuring out where he was. He said that you have the meter reading device and you input and go to the next meter and input and go to the next meter and input etc. And if the meters are behind the house/building he was going down the back of properties - said he would know where to start and the route would take him back to his truck.
Also if the meter guy was new he would have been training on most of the routes, where ever he was needed and it could have taken a few months for him to get back to this route. And when the Hurricane hit the area was really flooded and deep. Also when , on the 3rd day, the officer showed up neither men saw the questionable item
Also there were 1000's of calls and most of them were, for instance, "look under the green fountain by the crooked tree" - so LE had their hands full.

And that area was a large area - not sure how large but at least an acre per LE expanding the area where the remains were found was enlarged to and acre. Was there some standing water? Just because he is a meter reader doesn't mean to me that he should wade thru swampy area (if flooded then) or thru snake infested bushes.. He called and reported that he saw something white that seemed out of place. Something white would stand out in Thick green woods and bushes. Who knows what it was? Could have been trash. He knew he was reading the A's route - I would find everything slightly out of place as something that needed to be checked out.

Thank you for putting my heart at rest. This is a first-hand explanation and it makes sense. :clap:

Ok...a couple of questions, and please forgive me if they've been addressed, but didn't he first report a white bag? And wasn't TM the one who first said that report was erroneous...it was a black bag? Could this have aided in any confusion?
Also, with no disrespect, but do we know if he was asked to take lie detector test?

Yes - the meter reader reported a white bag not a black bag. The LE reports also show that an officer met with him and they both looked at the things he was concerned about. They turned out to just be trash.

I think the concern has always been whether LE even looked at the area after his calls...but we can see that they did. All three times - though the first two weren't sufficient because the caller wasn't there to show them the exact spot. The second question was how they missed Caylee's body if they were out there...but I think it is very likely they were farther down Suburban than were she was left. And notice even the meter reader calls the area a "swamp" - which means lot of it must have been covered with water. That would really hinder a search in that area until it dried up.

To me it makes sense that RK would be persistant. For one thing, he wears work clothes that make it possible for him to walk a few yards back into the woods (not shorts and sandals like the psychics did). Not to sound gross, but he probably had a "pee" spot that he regularly visited, just like anyone would in that situation.

And he was curious just like anyone would be.

When we had the DC sniper in our area, we ALL were looking around for the culprit. I check the woods in my neighborhood every time I go by because I have seen a strange tombstone looking object--I'm curious!

RK was looking around for Caylee, having probably seen the protestors and began to let his inquisitiveness take over. He became familiar with the surroundings. He was persistant!

And a lot of our prayers were answered December 11th!

:chicken:

The day the remains were found or the next, Fox News Channel's Phil Keating showed a video of the area taken during Aug. He said that the area they taped was about 40 feet away from where the remains were found. On this video it shows what looks like a white/opaque plastic bag/sheeting. Like a tarp or a large piece of plastic. Couldn't really tell what it was but it appeared white ish in the video. It was just laying on the ground and was a bit twisted with debris over and under it. Hmmm

To me it makes sense that RK would be persistant. For one thing, he wears work clothes that make it possible for him to walk a few yards back into the woods (not shorts and sandals like the psychics did). Not to sound gross, but he probably had a "pee" spot that he regularly visited, just like anyone would in that situation.

And he was curious just like anyone would be.

When we had the DC sniper in our area, we ALL were looking around for the culprit. I check the woods in my neighborhood every time I go by because I have seen a strange tombstone looking object--I'm curious!

RK was looking around for Caylee, having probably seen the protestors and began to let his inquisitiveness take over. He became familiar with the surroundings. He was persistant! :chicken:

Yes - he was persistant. And thank God he was! It really paid off. Not only has he made it possible for little Caylee to get a proper burial, I think he has probably just provided LE with a treasure trove of evidence to convict Casey with. Without a body - they would still be fighting the story that Caylee was alive out there somewhere. His persistance wiped that right off the table....

I heard the call of the meter reader on Nacy tonight. The area he described in the August calls was further down if I understood the call correctly. I'm not from orlando. I thought the dumb site was off Chickasaw and Suburban. In the call he talks about going past this area. So maybe what he saw in August had nothing to do with what he found in December. JMO on what I heard.

I also caught NG tonite and heard the phone calls so I came here to see if you guys had gotten what I did out of them.

First to the poster I quoted: The dump site was on Suburban, the main road off that is Chickasaw--so say your driving down Chickasaw and turn right onto Suburban,after making that right you'd have to go past Lumberton St then past Hopespring Dr to get to where the body was dumped so he was correct in giving directions even though he didn't know the street names.

When he takes about "their home" this was after saying that his "route today that included the Anthony home"

I have listened to those calls more times than I care to admit and keep coming up with the same info:

First call was made from his home
He says he "noticed something white"

Second call
What type of bag is erased from this release
a white board across the tree and something round and white underneath it

Third call
Right off gives them the school name,he's not messing around this time

Gray bag was written by first operator
Large bag was written by second operator

I found it very interesting that they erased the type of bag which makes me think that it wasn't a garbage bag at all and whatever he's describing as round and white is seperate from the bag all together

I also caught NG tonite and heard the phone calls so I came here to see if you guys had gotten what I did out of them.

First to the poster I quoted: The dump site was on Suburban, the main road off that is Chickasaw--so say your driving down Chickasaw and turn right onto Suburban,after making that right you'd have to go past Lumberton St then past Hopespring Dr to get to where the body was dumped so he was correct in giving directions even though he didn't know the street names.

When he takes about "their home" this was after saying that his "route today that included the Anthony home"

I have listened to those calls more times than I care to admit and keep coming up with the same info:

First call was made from his home
He says he "noticed something white"

Second call
What type of bag is erased from this release
a white board across the tree and something round and white underneath it

Third call
Right off gives them the school name,he's not messing around this time

Gray bag was written by first operator
Large bag was written by second operator

I found it very interesting that they erased the type of bag which makes me think that it wasn't a garbage bag at all and whatever he's describing as round and white is seperate from the bag all together

But whatever color bag or "un-bag" (LOL) he saw - it appears that he and LE finally got a look at it and it was nothing but trash. That is what was reported by LE...and he himself did not call back or return to the area for 4 months. Since he is such a persistant guy...if he hadn't been satified with their search of the area...I don't think he would have walked away at that point. So it seems clear to me that whatever he spotted back in August was just trash and not Caylee's remains.

I believe he remembered how much trash and junk was out there in August, so when he returned in December he took another look. The vegetation was not as dense as it was before. He probably decided to check other parts of the area and stumbled on Caylee. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth