Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what the other attorneys in Orlando are saying about this...this...magical mystery media tour.

I always thought if you can't afford a lawyer one would be appointed to you, such as a public defender, why is it Casy has all these high price lawyers, I don't understand why she isn't using a public defender??? Can someone tell me this? My hubby and I were talking about this last night, is it because it's a murder trial?

Baez's reason = publicity and fame. He thinks he is destined for bigger things than a small law office in Kissimee, Florida

The high-priced lawyers' reason = publicity and fame and, maybe, $$$$. They have to jump in on high-profile cases in order to keep their high-profile status. Also, Baez may have lured them with prospects of $$$$ after the successful $200K sale of Caylee's pix last Summer.

Casey's reason = snobbery. Casey didn't have an imaginary clerical job, she had imaginary managerial-type career complete with an office, company phone and flex time. Casey didn't hire an occasional imaginary babysitter, she had a high-priced "nanny" who took Caylee to expensive theme parks.
A public defender - not for Jose's "girl" !

Grammieto5: JB's reaction would probably be as usual, "I have no more questions?"

Gross! Its too early to be spewing this nonsense...

IMO, This interview was an insult to my intelligence. Baez says it's not in the best interest of his client to provide info about what they suspect. Maybe that's because they haven't a clue? And this lightening rod moment hit when? I'm guessing based on some phony, fantasy tips that came through their newly created tip line, which is better than the one that's been out there for months how? Paleease. I think that's why they opened a second tip line, they needed some good fodder to try to build an alternative case for a lying client cause they had nothing from the evidence and JB's own lack of experience to work with. I don't buy it, nope, not for one second.

That said, I can't wait to hear how decomp magically appears in a car that was previously and post-mortem proven to be driven by their client. And how their client, who was so worried and needed to 'feel safe' found her best comfort in clubs. Or how their client found comfort robbing her friend, or lying to friends about the smell in the car. I would have so much more respect for the whole lot if they just plead out, this has gotten ridiculous. IMO.

Guess I need to go back to the rant thread, this interview has me feeling stormy!

I do remember he said it one other time, after the last court hearing on the motions he had just filed. He said, I know you aren't going to like hearing this, but she (KC) wants her day in court. She is innocent. .

Here's the link to that crappola: 4:10 mark

http://www.wftv.com/video/18651668/index.html

Also..Did Baez really go there with F. Lee Bailey?..For a lawyer with just 3 years experience he's got gall..LOL!

I will add, does the sunshine law appear in reverse? I want to see exactly what they have gotten from their tipline. Okay,okay, I'm going to the rant thread :furious:

L. Baden says we are to stop thinking of KC as guilty. OK, alrighty then. We are to believe in the defense they spin at trial when they oppose prosecution witnesses and forensic evidence. OK, alrighty then. In other words, whatever they say, we are to see it their way. To top that off 'mydailyopinion' is right; they either know who did it and are withholding that information from LE and the public; or they know KC is guilty and just have to do their job of getting the best possible outcome. Funny how Baez said it's up to the selection of the jury. Who are the most likely individuals to buy their defense? How exhausting justice is but I guess it's better than the village system of steal something, loose a hand. Just my very uneducated opinion!

BS in. BS out. 'Nuff said. (Could someone hand me a new pair of waders, please?)

Here you go Seriously, *hands over 2 fresh pairs of waders*, I ordered a box lot of these things a couple of weeks ago, just knowing they would come in handy.

Ok, I seriously don't understand LKB. Isn't she supposed to be the one who knows what she is doing? Isn't she the big time defense attorney? I just can't believe she compared Casey to Osama Bin Laden. The statement is so ridiculous, I'd think she was the one who has only been an attorney for three years. I expected LKB to be alot more savvy and professional, I thought she'd reign in JB, bring some experienced lawyering to this case, but I haven't seen it. Is she always like this?

No, that's not my point. If they throw those names out there, and then throw around some theories, the public could then tend to see how they judged so quickly. I personally think she's guilty of so much more that what we've even seen based on her actions alone, however what happens when the defense throws out a bunch of theories that could tend to create doubt? Remember, BinLaden is a terrorist in our country, and he's despised by millions of people here, but he's also a hero to many in our outlying countries...and they view Bush as a terrorist. There's even people in the US that backed off of their theory of BinLaden being terroristic. There's also several countrymen that agreed with Hitler, as well as Americans, and don't really think he did anything wrong. I think he, or rather both of them, are atrocious...but that's beside the point. KC's lawyers put those names out there for the exact same reason Egoslayer said. They're just putting it in relation to how the public views her, and in turn, this is making a case for them to be able to able to change venue. I think they coupled the comparison for the reasons given plus using worldwide names to remember KC's name. If everyone has heard of KC before her trial, how will they find an impartial jury? Why not kill two birds with one stone. It's rather ingenious if you ask me...I don't agree with it, though. LKB is doing her job, and if you think about what I just said, you'll see what I'm talking about. She did this on the #1 morning talk show program, and we all (the public) tuned into watching it, thus exponentially omitting ourselves from jury pool or selection. What they did was lowhanded...but smart...and now I'm mad I watched the show!

We just see it differently. I doubt that a change of venue will be denied IF when the trial begins the coverage has not died down. That's a long way off though, things can change. What won't change is the fact that KC will have to stand trial, somewhere, so I still hold my opinion that to link yourself and your client to Hitler and Bin Laden is not intelligent in the long run. Also I don't watch the morning shows, I only became aware of it because I am a member of websleuths so while they may have a large audience not everyone watches. I agree to disagree with you.

She compared her public persona to Bin Laden, not her ... yeah .. I'm just gonna leave this thread.

Ok, I seriously don't understand LKB. Isn't she supposed to be the one who knows what she is doing? Isn't she the big time defense attorney? I just can't believe she compared Casey to Osama Bin Laden. The statement is so ridiculous, I'd think she was the one who has only been an attorney for three years. I expected LKB to be alot more savvy and professional, I thought she'd reign in JB, bring some experienced lawyering to this case, but I haven't seen it. Is she always like this?

I hate to say it but she's actually right. Both are charged with murder and try to hide and outsmart the law. Great analogy there, KC and Bin Laden, yep, they appear to be very much alike...sheesh, and what a clever analogy to post up..way to go Defense d'oh

No, that's not my point. If they throw those names out there, and then throw around some theories, the public could then tend to see how they judged so quickly. I personally think she's guilty of so much more that what we've even seen based on her actions alone, however what happens when the defense throws out a bunch of theories that could tend to create doubt? Remember, BinLaden is a terrorist in our country, and he's despised by millions of people here, but he's also a hero to many in our outlying countries...and they view Bush as a terrorist. There's even people in the US that backed off of their theory of BinLaden being terroristic. There's also several countrymen that agreed with Hitler, as well as Americans, and don't really think he did anything wrong. I think he, or rather both of them, are atrocious...but that's beside the point. KC's lawyers put those names out there for the exact same reason Egoslayer said. They're just putting it in relation to how the public views her, and in turn, this is making a case for them to be able to able to change venue. I think they coupled the comparison for the reasons given plus using worldwide names to remember KC's name. If everyone has heard of KC before her trial, how will they find an impartial jury? Why not kill two birds with one stone. It's rather ingenious if you ask me...I don't agree with it, though. LKB is doing her job, and if you think about what I just said, you'll see what I'm talking about. She did this on the #1 morning talk show program, and we all (the public) tuned into watching it, thus exponentially omitting ourselves from jury pool or selection. What they did was lowhanded...but smart...and now I'm mad I watched the show!

I'm sorry, JerseyGirl, but I didn't tune in to watch, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that (reference bolded and underlined by me). The defence lawyers' comparison to Bin Laden and Hitler is the most stupid comment I've heard from them yet. I totally disagree that it will have any impact at all on "reasonable doubt", or omit anyone from jury selection. I don't even consider it "lowhanded" - just a totally ridiculous statement, indicative of utter confusion on how to defend this woman.

KC is now like the one-armed man? So she was planning to run? :crazy:

Before Caylee's remains were found it was 'you don't know the real true story & when you hear it you'll be aahhh kc is mother of the year'; now it's "defense strategy" & the forensics are suspect. Funny how LE, GA, CA, the tow yard guy and the dogs all smelled death in the trunk--the "science" confirmed it and voila! turned out they were correct. Oh yeah, and KC smelled death in the trunk but blamed it on a squirrel.

JB and LB accomplished exactly what they wanted to accomplish. How soon after the segment aired did someone here start a thread about it? 5 pages already and counting - they are keeping the case in the public eye. I don't think they are doing anything different than every other defense attorney did in any previous high profile cases.

When the trial starts, they will have to back up their theories with proof - I don't think they are going to be able to tear down the Prosecution's case as easily as they think they are.

Scenario: Expert witness for Prosecution testifies. Expert witness for Defense testifies and says other expert doesn't know what he is talking about. Jurors listen to both of them, can't make heads or tails out of what either of them said and decides to ignore both of them, Jury makes their decision based on what they can understand - the lies, the partying, the not reporting her missing, the complete and utter lack of anything that even looks like it might be sorrow or regret over the death of her daughter. Prison doors slam - The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow