CA CA - Barstow, HispFem 14-19, UP6718, severed head in backpack, Feb'10

Actually I hadn't realized her face was so destroyed. (This case just makes me sick!) Where does it say she has prominent teeth? Are we talking "overbite", I didn't see that anywhere. Also, does anyone know why the recon on Namus is so different from other? Even the teeth look different between the two.

When I look at recon's now, aside from teeth, I try to look more at hairlines, and space between the eyes where the nose is, bridge I guess you call it. Someone here pointed out the hairline significance and they are right, there are many times someone looks the same, but the distance between eyes and hair line is way off. I wonder if Vanessa is one of the 3000 tips the detective has received? She's so pretty, I hope it isn't her. Also, just to note there seems to be extensive dental work (with the fillings color matched, etc.) Makes me think whomever the doe is came from at least an upper middle classed family. Lake Oswego is an upper middle class burb of Portland.

It doesn't say "prominent teeth" anywhere. That is just my interpretation, as they appear prominent to me. Both the Barstow detective and Van Norman both told me to focus on her teeth, and not so much on what she looks like in a general sense.

I am thinking that this might be some of what is going on in Juarez spilling over into the U.S. Maybe it is retaliation against someone (or the family of someone) who crossed the Mexican or El Salvadoran drug gangs. I have heard that Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of the U.S., primarily because of its proximity to the Mexican border. There might be some of that same activity spilling into the Inland Empire as well.

As for why there are two recons, I think the artist probably looked at the recon and decided that he need to do some more work on her hair and cheeks. I know that when I was doing recons, I would look again at something that I turned in a few days earlier and see something glaring at me that I didn't see initially, so I'd go back and revise it. This is probably what happened here, and they never re-posted the revision to NamUs.

It doesn't say "prominent teeth" anywhere. That is just my interpretation, as they appear prominent to me. Both the Barstow detective and Van Norman both told me to focus on her teeth, and not so much on what she looks like in a general sense.

I am thinking that this might be some of what is going on in Juarez spilling over into the U.S. Maybe it is retaliation against someone (the family of someone) who crossed the Mexican or El Salvadoran drug gangs. I have heard that Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of the U.S., primarily because of its proximity to the Mexican border. There might be some of that same activity spilling into the Inland Empire as well.

As for why there are two recons, I think the artist probably looked at the recon and decided that he need to do some more work on her hair and cheeks. I know that when I was doing recons, I would look again at something that I turned in a few days earlier and see something glaring at me that I didn't see initially, so I'd go back and revise it. This is probably what happened here, and they never re-posted the revision to NamUs.

Did you do a recon on this girl and would you be willing to Carl if you havent??

Did you do a recon on this girl and would you be willing to Carl if you havent??

I've never seen any photos of the head, other than the ears. I doubt, given the description of the condition, that I would be able to do any better of a job figuring out what she looked like than the NCMEC did.

Not sure if she's still missing, because she's not listed on the Charley Project pages, but if she is what do you think of this girl as a possibility?

VANESSA ORDAZ

http://pleasehelpthesemissingchildren.blogspot.com/2010/02/vanessa-ordaz-15-endangered-runaway.html

k4f6ly.jpg
imjfyg.jpg

I tried to do an image overlay of Vanessa Ordaz's photo and the recon, and they don't align well. Vanessa has much more length at mid-face from eyes to nose tip, and from eyes to mouth.

I am presuming that the artist got the facial dimensions right, if not the general appearance. That may not be a correct presumption though.

I tried to do an image overlay of Vanessa Ordaz's photo and the recon, and they don't align well. Vanessa has much more length at mid-face from eyes to nose tip, and from eyes to mouth.

I am presuming that the artist got the facial dimensions right, if not the general appearance. That may not be a correct presumption though.

That's a good point. The picture of the UID indicates quite a long and fairly narrow face.

I was just driving through Barstow on my way to Needles this past weekend and I could not stop thinking about this case as well as another case that was personal to me (Robert Mastrangelo, a friend since middle school, was found tortured and murdered there).

I stopped off Lenwood near the outlets and all I wanted to do was stare out into the desert hoping an answer would appear from the heated breeze, yet nothing. I wanted to dig through the irrigation ditches for evidence. It drove me crazy.

What about this girl? A Facebook friend of mine (who works to help find the missing) was browsing here and was struck by the Jane Doe's facial reconstruction as being very similar to Ivonne Biviano. She went missing from Virginia but it was thought she might've headed toward Mexico...
(The age-progression picture has a better view of her teeth.)

NCMC1077863c1.jpg
NCMC1077863e1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1077863&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

That's a pretty good resemblance on the teeth. I hope it is not because it is probably the same NCMEC artist that did the two recons. I wish that there was better contrast on the actual photo.

The view of her ear is not clear enough to tell if she has drooped earlobes, or if they are connected at the bottom. Her left earlobe does appear to have a single piercing.

I was just looking at the UID recon again, the artist has given her a very high forehead. It looks higher than anyone we've come up with so far, other than the woman who was found alive, don't you think? I'd assume that'd be accurate in this case?

I was just looking at the UID recon again, the artist has given her a very high forehead. It looks higher than anyone we've come up with so far, other than the woman who was found alive, don't you think? I'd assume that'd be accurate in this case?

Here's a side-by-side. I know Carl was told not to put too much faith in the exact details, but the teeth and overall facial shape look close. I'm not sure what I think of the very long time line, though.

Attachments

• NCMC1077863c1.jpg
    NCMC1077863c1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 25
  • k4f6ly.jpg
    k4f6ly.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
Don't know if anybody saw this yet, but skeletal remains were found off Zzyzx Road:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_15492289?nclick_check=1

No indication of age sex or anything else, but with that location, I had to wonder.

I thought about that when the other thread was started. If they had said that the remains don't include a skull, then that would be interesting.

But at this point, I would say that this is just one of at least dozens of sets of bones laying around or buried near Zzyzx road.

I thought about that when the other thread was started. If they had said that the remains don't include a skull, then that would be interesting.

But at this point, I would say that this is just one of at least dozens of sets of bones laying around or buried near Zzyzx road.

Yeah, I know it's most likely somebody else, but the connection was intriguing. This appears to be the only UID we have on WS found near Zzyzx Road, at least the only one turned up by search.

2500278220045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
k4f6ly.jpg

She is from Azusa, which is in the general vicinity of where most of the Fiesta Foods stores are located. The timeline from DLC to discovery date is 37 days.

She appears to have broader cheekbones and broader jawline than Jane Doe IMO. Not that far off though. I'd say it's worth checking.

2500278220045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
k4f6ly.jpg

She is from Azusa, which is in the general vicinity of where most of the Fiesta Foods stores are located. The timeline from DLC to discovery date is 37 days.

She appears to have broader cheekbones and broader jawline than Jane Doe IMO. Not that far off though. I'd say it's worth checking.
Despite the differences upon comparing - if my gut-o-meter is any good, I got chills and feel this is her :-( We know it is somebody and I love that we work these cases to find answers. I am glad this is submitted and if anyone hears, PLEASE post back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back