The Presence of the Ransom Note

IMO the most powerful things pointing to BDI are the parents behaviour&actions
AND
the overkill

add

AND BDI explains IMO also FW's behaviour.
He was mad with the R's not telling the truth but decided to shut up cause it was about a kid and not a cold blooded criminal parent?Maybe they promised to get help for BR (they DID send him to a shrink,we have no idea why EXACTLY,we'll never know,he didn't seem to be too upset about JB's murder,see his comments re moving on)

Wow, great thread.
I too have always thought that the ransom note did not in any way benefit an intruder in any scenario. You do not leave a long rambling ransom note for a corpse in the basement. You do not accidentally cause the death of your intended kidnappee and say "What the hell, let's leave the note anyway just in case ... and to heck with the note being a clue that could convict us."

The ONLY real beneficiary of the note, in the circumstances, is someone who is desperately trying to introduce the notion of an intruder. Unfortunately Patsy's histrionic personality got the better of her and instead of "We are watching. Do not call police. Phone call later today" the note was the lengthy monologue we all know and love. Pure Patsy.

I have always thought BDI; it's the only thing that would've kept JR's trap shut all these years. If you read the Ramsey's own book you'll note that they are extraordinarily image-conscious people -- even a childhood mishap or fit of pique, for which he could have been acquitted, would've scarred Burke's public image for life. He'd always be the "kid who fed his sister pineapple and then bashed her on the head." They were willing to go to quite some length to preserve his Ivy League potential.

All of the subsequent behavior vis a vis Burke screams out. Also things that have always struck me -- when JR brought JonBenet up from the basement holding her at arm's length like a plank -- that wasn't the posture of a shocked father, that was the posture of someone who had quite a few hours to think about the fact that he was going to have to tote an aging cadaver around and was grossed out by it, daughter or not. And Patsy's melodramatic "Jesus, you raised Lazarus from the dead, raise my baby" was not a sentiment that rolls from the tongue in the first few minutes of shock; she clearly rehearsed that.

JMHO of course. Great posts, everyone!

Wow, great thread.
I too have always thought that the ransom note did not in any way benefit an intruder in any scenario. You do not leave a long rambling ransom note for a corpse in the basement. You do not accidentally cause the death of your intended kidnappee and say "What the hell, let's leave the note anyway just in case ... and to heck with the note being a clue that could convict us."

The ONLY real beneficiary of the note, in the circumstances, is someone who is desperately trying to introduce the notion of an intruder. Unfortunately Patsy's histrionic personality got the better of her and instead of "We are watching. Do not call police. Phone call later today" the note was the lengthy monologue we all know and love. Pure Patsy.

I have always thought BDI; it's the only thing that would've kept JR's trap shut all these years. If you read the Ramsey's own book you'll note that they are extraordinarily image-conscious people -- even a childhood mishap or fit of pique, for which he could have been acquitted, would've scarred Burke's public image for life. He'd always be the "kid who fed his sister pineapple and then bashed her on the head." They were willing to go to quite some length to preserve his Ivy League potential.

All of the subsequent behavior vis a vis Burke screams out. Also things that have always struck me -- when JR brought JonBenet up from the basement holding her at arm's length like a plank -- that wasn't the posture of a shocked father, that was the posture of someone who had quite a few hours to think about the fact that he was going to have to tote an aging cadaver around and was grossed out by it, daughter or not. And Patsy's melodramatic "Jesus, you raised Lazarus from the dead, raise my baby" was not a sentiment that rolls from the tongue in the first few minutes of shock; she clearly rehearsed that.

JMHO of course. Great posts, everyone!

Great post yourself! ITA. More and more, I see BR fitting into this crime. It fills in a lot of gaps.

Great post yourself! ITA. More and more, I see BR fitting into this crime. It fills in a lot of gaps.

I have to agree with you guys. For years I have believed that Patsy lost it and bashed JB's head, but that's not sounding so logical anymore. Especially now that LE wants to talk to Burke and he doesn't want to talk to them. If he were totally innocent and told everything he knew all those years ago, he would have no reason to keep silent now. Makes you wonder if all the therapy he got really worked. I guess he could have "blocked" out what he did to his sister and therapy would have brought that out, that could be the reason for his silence now.

I think the RN was a ruse,
IDI- to buy time before the body was found. If an intruder is guilty then they have a need to cover it up. The idea that the parents will be investigated first did not buy enough time for the perp. The parents are upstanding members of the community and the intruder felt they would be exonerated quickly. The RN is an admission of guilt.The IDI knows the parents didn't do it and assumes LE will know it too. This is one of the reasons I believe the intruder needed to cover up the true motive, the murder of JBR. As John Douglas stated parents who have never even spanked their children don't suddenly have a fit of rage that allows them to bash their kid in the head, strangle and sexually molest them as well. Considering the large amount of damage done to JB (over kill) I find it difficult to blame the parents. It goes against their normal behavior even if accidental, it was too overstaged for the parents to have thought of all this after committing such a crime. The perp knows this too and figured he/she needed to "explain" things.
After reading the Thomas and Schiller books then reading John Douglas comments on the case I found some conflicting evidence and 1 big red flag.

Judith Phillips- she advised Patsy to help others after suffering cancer then becoming cured. Patsy did for awhile then she quit doing the projects and support groups she participated in. Judith stated that the R's did not learn their lesson the first time (Beth's death) and God allowed this to happen or caused this to happen to JB to teach the R's a lesson.

This sent of alarms in my head when I read it. That isn't a very Christian attitude ( she claimed to be a devout Christian) and she gave motive in her explanation. She wanted the R's to learn a lesson. I think she deserves a 2nd or even a 3 rd look. Her statement creeped me out so much I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

Re Deedee and Joekidsbeck posts,

I am bringing this over from another thread

Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen

What occurred that evening and / or that morning that caused BR to ponder: "Are you goin' to arrest me?"

Interesting.
makes me think of

JR:"They keep a lot inside and they don't really start thinking about it until they get to be 40 years old and that's when it hurts."

Why around 40?Cause that's when the guilty conscience starts to kick in?
maybe you wouldn't feel so guilty about things when being 20 or 30,you're busy with other stuff in life,but around 40 you start thinking about what you did and accomplish in life,what mistakes you've done.....it starts to eat you up inside.......
interesting JR comment (slip?) anyway...

I mean,if your sister was murdered when you were a little boy.....why would it hurt only around 40?doesn't make sense.......
but if it's about guilt,it does.

Think about this for a moment also. As JoeskidBeck pointed out, Burke did NOT react normally to his sisters death. He was overly concerned about missing the family trip and just wanted 'to get on with my life.'

What 9 year old would react that way? Show NO fear of a kidnapper/murderer, who had been in your house. This fact alone would require a lot of counseling, to get rid of the fears involved.

Maybe ......a bit,still I find it a very bizarre choice.(garrote)
BUT BDI would explain their behaviour.Perfectly.It's the only thing that explains their behaviour&actions actually.IMO

Another plausible explanation is CYA by one or more adults who may be involved.

I think the RN was a ruse,
IDI- to buy time before the body was found. If an intruder is guilty then they have a need to cover it up. The idea that the parents will be investigated first did not buy enough time for the perp. The parents are upstanding members of the community and the intruder felt they would be exonerated quickly. The RN is an admission of guilt.The IDI knows the parents didn't do it and assumes LE will know it too. This is one of the reasons I believe the intruder needed to cover up the true motive, the murder of JBR. As John Douglas stated parents who have never even spanked their children don't suddenly have a fit of rage that allows them to bash their kid in the head, strangle and sexually molest them as well. Considering the large amount of damage done to JB (over kill) I find it difficult to blame the parents. It goes against their normal behavior even if accidental, it was too overstaged for the parents to have thought of all this after committing such a crime. The perp knows this too and figured he/she needed to "explain" things.
After reading the Thomas and Schiller books then reading John Douglas comments on the case I found some conflicting evidence and 1 big red flag.

Judith Phillips- she advised Patsy to help others after suffering cancer then becoming cured. Patsy did for awhile then she quit doing the projects and support groups she participated in. Judith stated that the R's did not learn their lesson the first time (Beth's death) and God allowed this to happen or caused this to happen to JB to teach the R's a lesson.

This sent of alarms in my head when I read it. That isn't a very Christian attitude ( she claimed to be a devout Christian) and she gave motive in her explanation. She wanted the R's to learn a lesson. I think she deserves a 2nd or even a 3 rd look. Her statement creeped me out so much I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

I honestly don't think Judith Phillips' comments were meant to for us to believe that God (or anyone else) did it because the Ramseys didn't learn their lesson. God doesn't work that way. We make our own choices in this life and if Patsy was only doing "good works" because someone told her that God expected it after her healing, well, then she should have stopped. It's simple, if it doesn't come from the heart, God doesn't acknowledge it anyway. God did not take JonBenet away to make Patsy or John "pay" for their sins. There's another day for that.
Are you saying that this statement caused you to believe that the Phillips were involved in JonBenet's death? Also, so that I can better understand what Judith Phillips said, do you have a link for it? TIA, Becky

I'm beginning to think that Burke may have killed JBR and Patsy and John covered it up to protect his reputation and even their own. If he threw a flashlight at JBR, it would have to be with a lot of force to create the head injury she had. What could have happened to make him so angry? I feel like if this scenario is true, then JBR must have said something to him to make him go off. What could she have said, besides the normal sibling banter, to cause him to throw some object at her head? She was only 6 so I highly doubt she was cursing him out or something. I believe the pineapple may also tie into this as maybe JBR and Burke were eating pineapple together and then they got into an argument?

Edit: I think I meant to post this in a different thread but there's some discussion of Burke here so oh well.

I'm beginning to think that Burke may have killed JBR and Patsy and John covered it up to protect his reputation and even their own. If he threw a flashlight at JBR, it would have to be with a lot of force to create the head injury she had. What could have happened to make him so angry? I feel like if this scenario is true, then JBR must have said something to him to make him go off. What could she have said, besides the normal sibling banter, to cause him to throw some object at her head? She was only 6 so I highly doubt she was cursing him out or something. I believe the pineapple may also tie into this as maybe JBR and Burke were eating pineapple together and then they got into an argument?

Edit: I think I meant to post this in a different thread but there's some discussion of Burke here so oh well.

To me this is the only logical reason for the R's to present a united front against LE. There is a true need for Ramsyspeak, lies and the hindrance of the investigation in this case!

As for BR's motive, I believe it relates to the scream that was heard. Whatever they were 'doing' at the time, this scared the heebie jeebies out of Burke and it became CYA, which filtered down to his parents, whom tried to cover up what they thought was a murder, but ended up actually choking and killing JB.

Very tragic IMHO.

l_50be9c652d6ba65bcec0c00b3ea17168.jpg

It looks like Burke played baseball with JBR and I'm assuming other kids so he has some experience with throwing balls so perhaps if he did get angry at JBR, he would be able to throw a flashlight with extreme force.

Also, JBR looks like a tomboy in that picture so it makes me wonder even more how she felt about those pageants. I have seen lots of pictures of JBR being a normal kid and she does not look like a girly girl at all. I can see how a child could like pageants with getting to wear dresses and get your hair done, etc but I can see how other children would not like them. I just can't see JBR being someone who would wear a backwards baseball cap and play baseball some weekends and then on other weekends, be except to get a "pageant scrub."

I honestly don't think Judith Phillips' comments were meant to for us to believe that God (or anyone else) did it because the Ramseys didn't learn their lesson. God doesn't work that way. We make our own choices in this life and if Patsy was only doing "good works" because someone told her that God expected it after her healing, well, then she should have stopped. It's simple, if it doesn't come from the heart, God doesn't acknowledge it anyway. God did not take JonBenet away to make Patsy or John "pay" for their sins. There's another day for that.
Are you saying that this statement caused you to believe that the Phillips were involved in JonBenet's death? Also, so that I can better understand what Judith Phillips said, do you have a link for it? TIA, Becky

It is in one of the books I read recently either Thomas's or Schiller's . They quoted her statement but say nothing about pursuing her as a possible suspect.

It caused a red flag as in either scenario it is a totally inappropriate comment.
If the RDI is true then God allowed it in her opinion because in her opinion the R's were in need of learning a lesson because they ignored her advice earlier. She, assuming the R's would be caught and punished, was getting her digs in on them early with her God angle.

In an IDI well who can ever say the parents or even JB deserved such a lesson and to bring God into as being part of his plan in such a vengeful manner to teach them some lesson she believes they didn't learn the first time( Beth's death) just creeped me out as she is obviously one of those hypocritical Christians we have all known and has no clue as to what God is, how he allows bad stuff to happen etc. The whole basis of faith. I am in total agreement with you on Patsy doing the cancer work if her heart wasn't in it.

I just felt creeped out by her comments and yes it makes me suspicious of her possible involvement or her justification for believing God had a hand in this beyond allowing it to happen and welcoming his angel home when she got there. Her comments are weird to me I hope you can find it in the books, I lean more towards Thomas's as to where I read it. I turned them back into the library already so I can't give you a better answer.

Thanks. I'm very interested in those remarks. Very un-Christianlike even though I once heard a pastor (I won't name the denomination here) say in the hospital room of a woman who was dying of cancer, I wonder what sins she hasn't asked forgiveness for so that God would cure her of this disease. I promise you he said those words. I looked at my husband and said it is time for us to leave. If I had stayed one more minute I would have told this man what I thought of him and I wasn't raised to speak badly to anyone who proclaimed to be a preacher of the Word. This is why I'm interested in what Judith said. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and the only way is to know what the context in which she spoke was. No offense to you as I believe she said it or you would not have repeated it here. Thanks for your repsonse.

It is in one of the books I read recently either Thomas's or Schiller's . They quoted her statement but say nothing about pursuing her as a possible suspect.

It caused a red flag as in either scenario it is a totally inappropriate comment.
If the RDI is true then God allowed it in her opinion because in her opinion the R's were in need of learning a lesson because they ignored her advice earlier. She, assuming the R's would be caught and punished, was getting her digs in on them early with her God angle.

In an IDI well who can ever say the parents or even JB deserved such a lesson and to bring God into as being part of his plan in such a vengeful manner to teach them some lesson she believes they didn't learn the first time( Beth's death) just creeped me out as she is obviously one of those hypocritical Christians we have all known and has no clue as to what God is, how he allows bad stuff to happen etc. The whole basis of faith. I am in total agreement with you on Patsy doing the cancer work if her heart wasn't in it.

I just felt creeped out by her comments and yes it makes me suspicious of her possible involvement or her justification for believing God had a hand in this beyond allowing it to happen and welcoming his angel home when she got there. Her comments are weird to me I hope you can find it in the books, I lean more towards Thomas's as to where I read it. I turned them back into the library already so I can't give you a better answer.

The thing about this statement is this is her opinion. You know what they say about those! Her comments are strange and inappropriate. I would also like to see the context of the quote Beck. I do believe that it signifies justification of beliefs vs involvement.

Thanks. I'm very interested in those remarks. Very un-Christianlike even though I once heard a pastor (I won't name the denomination here) say in the hospital room of a woman who was dying of cancer, I wonder what sins she hasn't asked forgiveness for so that God would cure her of this disease. I promise you he said those words. I looked at my husband and said it is time for us to leave. If I had stayed one more minute I would have told this man what I thought of him and I wasn't raised to speak badly to anyone who proclaimed to be a preacher of the Word. This is why I'm interested in what Judith said. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and the only way is to know what the context in which she spoke was. No offense to you as I believe she said it or you would not have repeated it here. Thanks for your repsonse.

Maybe you are right context speaking about Judith but the way I read it just gave me the creeps and I went back and reread it and even made a note about it. I wrote about two pages of inconsistencies between the two books Schiller's and Thomas's. Since my note is on the left side of the page I am assuming it was Thomas's book as I wrote down interesting or odd things as well as the inconsistencies I noticed. I made two columns and tried to keep it straight as to where the info was as I intended to pick Super Dave's brain with questions I couldn't answer. This is a time I hope I'm wrong and take no offense if you correct me on it in fact I don't get all upset and take it personally when posters don't agree with me. I have been on a life journey that taught me alot even to value people I thought totally wrong and off base. It was kinda similar to what you stated above about the preacher in the hospital room.

My faith was severely tested when our own preacher burst into my hospital room shortly after I had a miscarriage and had read my chart outside where the doctor had used medical terminology-spontaneous abortion to describe my condition.

This was years and years before our really good medical privacy laws so don't tell me to report him or take legal action.

He made terrible accusations and even after a doctor straightened him out and chewed him out for getting my chart he commented that God allowed it to happen because we weren't tithing on our gross, we were giving what we felt we could afford. I held my tongue as I made an evil plan. Yes I made an evil plan I was young and dumb. While the overall outcome was good I should not have used my opportunity to air grievances against the preacher.

We were new to the town and at the church I had witnessed a baptism on one of our first visits. I had yet to be baptized and had scheduled it to occur shortly after our arrival and joining the church. It was coming up in the next two weeks and I knew I would be given the chance to address the congregation.

The day I was baptized I told the congregation in my testimonial about my salvation and the road that led me to be baptized about what he(the preacher) had done and added that my faith in Jesus was so strong that not even a hypocritical blowhard like him was going to stop me from fulfilling my obligation to Jesus to be baptized. I apologized to the congregation about not tithing correctly. I told them we gave what we could afford after paying bills and buying groceries. We didn't have any entertainment bills like cable or going to the movies just the basic needs being met. No credit cards, no debt. Since God had never met me at the grocery store and bought me groceries, or filled up my tank so I could go to work I had to take care of the obligations I had before I could give anything to anyone. God didn't want my daughter to starve and it was our (hubby and mine) responsibility to provide for her and to provide for ourselves. We could qualify for government assistance but felt it was our job and not the job of our congregation and all other Americans to pay for us to be able to tithe and have a few extras like cable tv or eating out, movies etc. We had enough, just enough, and that I took that as proof God was taking care of us. I then addressed the preacher directly I told him that when he started living like a Levite I would start tithing like an Israelite. Our church owned a parish house that wasn'r big enough for his tastes so we( the church) had to rent him a bigger home. We rented out the parish house to a struggling young couple who had just lost a baby to SIDS. The preacher drove a brand new Cadillac. His home was full of expensive antiques and he had what we called fine furnishings. My testimonial had such an effect on the congregation that many gave nothing in the offering plate that Sunday, and for a few Sundays after that too, but they instead opted to buy a tank of gas or pay a grocery bill for a struggling family. Secret acts occurred from almost every member of the congregation. They did this on their own with no group meeting, no vote, just a seat of the pants follow our hearts decision. They took God to the streets and many told me how much I moved them to be a direct line of help to the those they knew and could clearly see needed it. Kinda like random acts of kindness does. I did not like the preacher but I came to LOVE my church family. They knew and even commented later that the preachers goof ups, as I learned he had many, were a challenge to them to make Jesus first and forget what man, even if that man is your preacher, says. They taught me more about faith and love and expressing that in your life than any group of people have since.

I pray the congregation of that church pastor you spoke of was able to withstand his storm of ignorance and intolerance. I find it one of God's miracles the church family I found was able to do so. Maybe because it had many elderly members who had seen preachers good and bad come and go and they were not totally dependent on a preacher to help them on their paths of spirituality. I was young and dumb and look back now on how important that event was to my spiritual growth and understanding. I can't believe sometimes that God used that idiot to help me out and make me learn one of the most important lessons a Christian learns- your relationship to God is as unique as you are, it isn't like your friends,family or anyone you have ever heard of. It is a very personal thing........ this journey. He works mysteriously and uses people you never guess he is using till you have passed the milestone he had in mind for you. The only time we can really clearly see God carrying us is when we look back and see the footprints he left behind in our hearts. Just like that famous poem says.

Your story reminded me of my own journey and the unexpected turns life has thrown at me and how I have been so blessed to be surrounded by much wiser and spiritually stronger people when I really needed it. God has blessed me in so many ways I can't even begin to say how many times he has been there. Thanks for being here too. We may not agree on everything but God has a plan for all of us and he loves us all. I try and remember that when posting in a public forum like this one. I'm glad Trish doesn't allow a lot of stuff to go on 'cause it builds respect for your fellow posters even if you don't always agree with them and it goes along with Christian values about passing judgment on folks. I don't think any of us are passing judgment on the R's or an IDI we are looking for clues to solve a murder and any and all people connected to the R's are suspect.

I remember reading a comment that Judith Phillips made about JonBenet's murder on FFJ. She said that JBR's murder should be turned into a Clue game with the weapons being the rope, flashlight, paintbrush, etc. It was very inappropriate and sick since not only did it make fun of a child's murder, but a child who Judith actually knew. Didn't Judith Phillips' husband write a book about JBR's murder? Or at least a chapter of one? It seems that she enjoys her connection to this infamous murder.

Maybe you are right context speaking about Judith but the way I read it just gave me the creeps and I went back and reread it and even made a note about it. I wrote about two pages of inconsistencies between the two books Schiller's and Thomas's. Since my note is on the left side of the page I am assuming it was Thomas's book as I wrote down interesting or odd things as well as the inconsistencies I noticed. I made two columns and tried to keep it straight as to where the info was as I intended to pick Super Dave's brain with questions I couldn't answer. This is a time I hope I'm wrong and take no offense if you correct me on it in fact I don't get all upset and take it personally when posters don't agree with me. I have been on a life journey that taught me alot even to value people I thought totally wrong and off base. It was kinda similar to what you stated above about the preacher in the hospital room.

My faith was severely tested when our own preacher burst into my hospital room shortly after I had a miscarriage and had read my chart outside where the doctor had used medical terminology-spontaneous abortion to describe my condition.

This was years and years before our really good medical privacy laws so don't tell me to report him or take legal action.

He made terrible accusations and even after a doctor straightened him out and chewed him out for getting my chart he commented that God allowed it to happen because we weren't tithing on our gross, we were giving what we felt we could afford. I held my tongue as I made an evil plan. Yes I made an evil plan I was young and dumb. While the overall outcome was good I should not have used my opportunity to air grievances against the preacher.

We were new to the town and at the church I had witnessed a baptism on one of our first visits. I had yet to be baptized and had scheduled it to occur shortly after our arrival and joining the church. It was coming up in the next two weeks and I knew I would be given the chance to address the congregation.

The day I was baptized I told the congregation in my testimonial about my salvation and the road that led me to be baptized about what he(the preacher) had done and added that my faith in Jesus was so strong that not even a hypocritical blowhard like him was going to stop me from fulfilling my obligation to Jesus to be baptized. I apologized to the congregation about not tithing correctly. I told them we gave what we could afford after paying bills and buying groceries. We didn't have any entertainment bills like cable or going to the movies just the basic needs being met. No credit cards, no debt. Since God had never met me at the grocery store and bought me groceries, or filled up my tank so I could go to work I had to take care of the obligations I had before I could give anything to anyone. God didn't want my daughter to starve and it was our (hubby and mine) responsibility to provide for her and to provide for ourselves. We could qualify for government assistance but felt it was our job and not the job of our congregation and all other Americans to pay for us to be able to tithe and have a few extras like cable tv or eating out, movies etc. We had enough, just enough, and that I took that as proof God was taking care of us. I then addressed the preacher directly I told him that when he started living like a Levite I would start tithing like an Israelite. Our church owned a parish house that wasn'r big enough for his tastes so we( the church) had to rent him a bigger home. We rented out the parish house to a struggling young couple who had just lost a baby to SIDS. The preacher drove a brand new Cadillac. His home was full of expensive antiques and he had what we called fine furnishings. My testimonial had such an effect on the congregation that many gave nothing in the offering plate that Sunday, and for a few Sundays after that too, but they instead opted to buy a tank of gas or pay a grocery bill for a struggling family. Secret acts occurred from almost every member of the congregation. They did this on their own with no group meeting, no vote, just a seat of the pants follow our hearts decision. They took God to the streets and many told me how much I moved them to be a direct line of help to the those they knew and could clearly see needed it. Kinda like random acts of kindness does. I did not like the preacher but I came to LOVE my church family. They knew and even commented later that the preachers goof ups, as I learned he had many, were a challenge to them to make Jesus first and forget what man, even if that man is your preacher, says. They taught me more about faith and love and expressing that in your life than any group of people have since.

I pray the congregation of that church pastor you spoke of was able to withstand his storm of ignorance and intolerance. I find it one of God's miracles the church family I found was able to do so. Maybe because it had many elderly members who had seen preachers good and bad come and go and they were not totally dependent on a preacher to help them on their paths of spirituality. I was young and dumb and look back now on how important that event was to my spiritual growth and understanding. I can't believe sometimes that God used that idiot to help me out and make me learn one of the most important lessons a Christian learns- your relationship to God is as unique as you are, it isn't like your friends,family or anyone you have ever heard of. It is a very personal thing........ this journey. He works mysteriously and uses people you never guess he is using till you have passed the milestone he had in mind for you. The only time we can really clearly see God carrying us is when we look back and see the footprints he left behind in our hearts. Just like that famous poem says.

Your story reminded me of my own journey and the unexpected turns life has thrown at me and how I have been so blessed to be surrounded by much wiser and spiritually stronger people when I really needed it. God has blessed me in so many ways I can't even begin to say how many times he has been there. Thanks for being here too. We may not agree on everything but God has a plan for all of us and he loves us all. I try and remember that when posting in a public forum like this one. I'm glad Trish doesn't allow a lot of stuff to go on 'cause it builds respect for your fellow posters even if you don't always agree with them and it goes along with Christian values about passing judgment on folks. I don't think any of us are passing judgment on the R's or an IDI we are looking for clues to solve a murder and any and all people connected to the R's are suspect.

Did you ever get baptized again by a more Christian pastor? Your little that was put in was worth more than the richest in the church according to what the Bible says. Lots of preachers aren't even true Christians, just in it as a business. This puts a thought in my head. I guess all the church members where the Ramsey's attended were thoroughly checked out?

Also: I think the whole crime was sexually motivated and her death was planned. JonBenet was sexually attacked and garrotted while alive. The head bash was to make sure she was gone and couldn't identify the attacker. The ransom note seems just as sick, and very sadistic in it's tone. It is obviously ridiculous, and John must have thought it was the most phony thing he had ever read. Just IMO.

l_50be9c652d6ba65bcec0c00b3ea17168.jpg

It looks like Burke played baseball with JBR and I'm assuming other kids so he has some experience with throwing balls so perhaps if he did get angry at JBR, he would be able to throw a flashlight with extreme force.

Also, JBR looks like a tomboy in that picture so it makes me wonder even more how she felt about those pageants. I have seen lots of pictures of JBR being a normal kid and she does not look like a girly girl at all. I can see how a child could like pageants with getting to wear dresses and get your hair done, etc but I can see how other children would not like them. I just can't see JBR being someone who would wear a backwards baseball cap and play baseball some weekends and then on other weekends, be except to get a "pageant scrub."

Just wanted to throw this out there, but does Burke have a black eye in that picture? Or is it just something on the picture?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back