State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so it's confirmed. She WAS able to open a bank account.

No, that would be up to the bank policy. I had a long established relationship with a bank and already had accounts in that same bank, in fact my wife worked for them years ago, but they would not open one for me without seeing the card.

It might have been their policy, but they placed the blame on DHS.

I don't understand what you mean. Mr. Rentz is testifying as to what Nancy told him and she wasn't questioning it. If there were any doubt about the fact that he did these things I don't think she would have told Mr. Rentz that. (Not being snarky, I don't understand.)
IMO. Nancy had no idea what Brad was truely capable of. Brad was manipulating her.

No, that would be up to the bank policy. I had a long established relationship with a bank and already had accounts in that same bank, in fact my wife worked for them years ago, but they would not open one for me without seeing the card.

It might have been their policy, but they placed the blame on DHS.

But she was able to get a SSN, so she was in theory able to get a bank acct.

A lot of emotion showing in the courthouse as they played one of the last voice messages from NC complaining about the state of the house, insects on the table.

I thought he said the orginal mortgage was 190k and there was about 160k left

That isn't what I heard, but that makes much more sense. I have had major buffering issues, so I'm not getting everything. Thanks for the clarification.

Weird BC didn't call her parents ever after 7/11. He had no problem calling for $ during the years and did a lot of work for her dad, so he obviously had a relationship with them. Even, if his supporters would say, he would have been embarrassed because the current state of their marriage, there's no excuse. At all.

broke my heart to see the ladies all crying :( especially when hearing her voice on the VM. so sad.

It goes to motive.

fran

I understand it goes to motive.

I will contend that much of Brad's weird actions can be explained as a "response" to Nancy's spending habits. They BOTH loved money. They were both VERY POOR managers of it. They used it as a weapon. She spent it on things she "deserved" whether they could afford it or not. He used it as a means to control and hurt her as the marriage degraded. And when people point out that the separation agreement is all about money- well, really - what else can it be about??? It's not like you really divide the kids.

I find the money discussion just not all that helpful in motive - if I was faced with some of the things that Brad was - I am sure my actions may seem weird. And - I don't think this killing was really all about money - I think that there were more deep seated issues and personality issues at play here - money makes it too simple.

I thought Mr. Rentz' testimony was rather powerful. Brought me near to tears a couple times.

Wow, her dad is really factual and to the point. Very good witness.

Hearing Nancy's voice in the courtroom...sad for the family. Her father seems to have decided to be as strong as possible.

Kelly

Weird BC didn't call her parents ever after 7/11. He had no problem calling for $ during the years and did a lot of work for her dad, so he obviously had a relationship with them. Even, if his supporters would say, he would have been embarrassed because the current state of their marriage, there's no excuse. At all.

Beyond everything else, that's one of the biggest things I have an issue with him about. Even if you weren't on speaking terms with the in-laws, I would think you would at least talk to them out of respect.

I thought Mr. Rentz' testimony was rather powerful. Brought me near to tears a couple times.

same here. it's the methodical and thorough way he answers everything. like he never forgot every moment he spent with NC and every word he spoke with her. very sad.

Beyond everything else, that's one of the biggest things I have an issue with him about. Even if you weren't on speaking terms with the in-laws, I would think you would at least talk to them out of respect.

Especially since the in-laws who had always *helped* you over the course of your marriage, continued to help now, and didn't appear to be anything less than cordial.

For the jury, hearing Nancys voice brings home the REASON they're there. This person has DIED VIOLENTLY, and someone has deprived her children/family of her presence forever. Who had motive and opportunity to do this? Who benefitted the most by her death?

I thought he said the orginal mortgage was 190k and there was about 160k left

You may very well be correct. I thought that I heard that 190K was paid off and 160K to buy out. Considering their wealthy lifestyle a house worth 350K didn't seem too far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson