General Discussions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
He was obviously trying to unload the vehicles. I thought he might have pawned the rock hopper or specialized p.3

:laugh: I hate this 60 second rule. I just type too damn fast and it won't let me post!
I have the same problem sometimes!

I forgot about the bikes. Yes, that is something that could have been pawned or jewelry, if they had any. Somebody mentioned a ring on Janet's finger....??

ewwwinteresting said:
Rooster, if you have known Raven and Janet for awhile, can you help us out with our timeline? Date of separation? Date of reconciliation? How Janet fell about the pregnancy? How Raven felt about the pregnancy? Was the idea of being pregnant something that brought them joy and excitement or just being separated, worry and confusion? I'm sure after Kaiden was born, they were both elated....babies do that to you. Thanks for any clarification you can give us.
I don't know exact date's. I don't really want to speak for Raven or Janet, as far as how they felt about things at that time. To tell you the truth I don't know. I know a baby is something they both had said they wanted. (They didn't tell me this during the seperation time. It was before seperation when they said it.)

They did however work things out. They stayed together and as far as I know they were happy.

ewwwinteresting said:
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
Ummm...I think he kept the laptop. He probably pawned them for money. Maybe for grocery's, diaper's, ect...He might have wanted to get them out of pawn when the money started comming in again.

He had a for sale sign in the VX and was looking for a buyer online.

Rooster said:
Ummm...I think he kept the laptop. He probably pawned them for money. Maybe for grocery's, diaper's, ect...He might have wanted to get them out of pawn when the money started comming in again.

He had a for sale sign in the VX and was looking for a buyer online.
Raven mentioned having a job in February on the VX website......do you know if he was employed and that is why the comey would start comming in again?

ewwwinteresting said:
Raven mentioned having a job in February on the VX website......do you know if he was employed and that is why the comey would start comming in again?
I think I read one of his posts...that he had gotten a job but, it didn't pay as much as he would like. So he took the job but, he was still looking.

Ummm...I don't remember what month it said. (or if it said what month at all.)

It's on this site somewhere....maybe under "Raven's on line activity"

Rooster said:
I think I read one of his posts...that he had gotten a job but, it didn't pay as much as he would like. So he took the job but, he was still looking.

Ummm...I don't remember what month it said. (or if it said what month at all.)

It's on this site somewhere....maybe under "Raven's on line activity"
Yes, I know Raven said he had one, we were wondering if there was anybody Raven knew that could confirm that he actually had one. If you don't know, that's ok, just thought I'd ask.

Rooster said:
I don't know.
Rooster: Sorry to bombard you with questions. As you know from reading this site, we have received most of our information about Raven and Janet from Raven's various online activity and websites. Most of what we have assumed, suspected and discussed are Raven's own words (which were many before Janet died).....there is nothing to show us a different Raven then what he shows us online. You stated we don't know Raven. Was Raven different then the way he presented himself on his website? the way some of his former coworkers from different companies have described him? Please tell us about the real Raven if we have it all wrong.

ewwwinteresting said:
Rooster: Sorry to bombard you with questions. As you know from reading this site, we have received most of our information about Raven and Janet from Raven's various online activity and websites. Most of what we have assumed, suspected and discussed are Raven's own words (which were many before Janet died).....there is nothing to show us a different Raven then what he shows us online. You stated we don't know Raven. Was Raven different then the way he presented himself on his website? the way some of his former coworkers from different companies have described him? Please tell us about the real Raven if we have it all wrong.
I think he's alot like what you see online. I just see it different than some of you. Some of you watch the "Christmas video" and see a phsyco. I watch it and I see Raven. He's being really cute with Janet. They seem happy. He made a nice Christmas card video for his family. Made sure to keep in contact with them... He's really family oriented. You should see him play with kids! He's great with Kaiden!

He's alot of what you see on line but you all don't know him...and you try to see it in a bad light. Just look at it through eye's that arn't trying to judge.

He really is a peace maker.

ewwwinteresting said:
Yes, I know Raven said he had one, we were wondering if there was anybody Raven knew that could confirm that he actually had one. If you don't know, that's ok, just thought I'd ask.
I belive he did...but I never watched him clock in or out...I can't say forsure.

Rooster said:
He really is a peace maker.

We have a number of vivid examples by posters of a man with a violent temper ... even attacking his opponents in an unsportsmanlike fashion and going so far as to assault a referee! I can't view Raven as a peace maker. This doesn't match the one we have been led to believe by others.

So, my question to you is what makes you view him as a peace maker? I'm hoping you can give me a clearer picture.

Timex said:
I can accept that, but still, wouldnt they want the PDA too? I mean they had to know to look for one, since they knew to look for the charger, right?
I don't know if they knew to look for the charger or if it just happened to be sitting there. Perhaps there was a struggle, and some stuff had been knocked off a desk, including the charger. In any situation, you're right. If the charger was there, it would stand to reason that it was likely that someone in the house owned a PDA. And since we don't know what items 1-3 are, they could be:

1) PDA
2) Laptop
3) Desktop

Rooster said:
I think Raven pawned it on the 25th after he finished up working on Ravenstree...
I could see this. Perhaps he "finished up" Raven's tree; the writing indicates that he came to some realizations that day about moving forward and forming goals, etc. If one of those goals was to get back on his feet financially, he could have made that entry as one last entry before selling the computer(s) for some money to start paying off some bills. I'm not sure how much time a pawn shop gives you - maybe he intended to pick it up again in a few months or maybe he was willing to sacrifice it altogether figuring he'd either get a new one later or just rely on his PDA and/or laptop until things got a little easier.

ewwwinteresting said:
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
Very true; a used vehicle would pull in a lot more money than some used computer equipment. Unless his intention with the pawning was to eventually go buy back the stuff. Can't do that with a car.

JerseyGirl said:
I could see this. Perhaps he "finished up" Raven's tree; the writing indicates that he came to some realizations that day about moving forward and forming goals, etc. If one of those goals was to get back on his feet financially, he could have made that entry as one last entry before selling the computer(s) for some money to start paying off some bills. I'm not sure how much time a pawn shop gives you - maybe he intended to pick it up again in a few months or maybe he was willing to sacrifice it altogether figuring he'd either get a new one later or just rely on his PDA and/or laptop until things got a little easier.
Hi JerseyGirl,

Could be - don't know a lot about pawn shops, but I imagine if one is pawning their personal possessions, they are under a lot of financial stress. I wonder if we can get our media connections to check out what was actually pawned. For some reason I have a strange feeling that a computer was not what was actually pawned...

Moxie

Moxie said:
I imagine if one is pawning their personal possessions, they are under a lot of financial stress.
Especially if it's a guy with as much computer skill/experience as Raven selling his beloved computers. It's been mentioned how much he loves that type of stuff, (we see the PDA in a photo at Janet's graduation). And he seems to have really enjoyed interacting on line. He was pretty established at the VX site, for example, so to give up his computers wouldn't be like giving up a stereo. It would be like giving up your telephone - and not being able to communicate with your "friends" anymore.

JerseyGirl said:
Especially if it's a guy with as much computer skill/experience as Raven selling his beloved computers. It's been mentioned how much he loves that type of stuff, (we see the PDA in a photo at Janet's graduation). And he seems to have really enjoyed interacting on line. He was pretty established at the VX site, for example, so to give up his computers wouldn't be like giving up a stereo. It would be like giving up your telephone - and not being able to communicate with your "friends" anymore.
Hi Jersey Girl,

You make a very good point. I mean, for a guy who loves his computers, he can live without his stereo, but it would be hard to see him functioning without his computer.

I wonder if the media contacts can find out what was on the pawn shop ticket?

Take care,
Moxie

Wow, stereo equipment! Depending on what you had ... I suspect he probably did have a decent stereo could generate some quick cash. Yet, still be retrievable.

I was hoping it was his knife collection :slap:

Moxie said:
You make a very good point. I mean, for a guy who loves his computers, he can live without his stereo, but it would be hard to see him functioning without his computer.
Exactly.

I wonder if he brought the stuff to a local pawn shop. I wonder how many are in that area. Would LE tell the pawn shop owners not to make any statements if asked. For example, if we were to start calling pawn shops, and happen to find the one to which Raven brought his item(s), would they be allowed to tell us what was brought in? I'm sure they must remember - LE would have been there only about 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure how often LE comes into the shop and takes items for an investigation but I HOPE that it isn't so often that the pawn shop owner wouldn't specifically remember Raven's case.

golfmom said:
Wow, stereo equipment! Depending on what you had ... I suspect he probably did have a decent stereo could generate some quick cash. Yet, still be retrievable.

I was hoping it was his knife collection :slap:
Hi Golfmom,

Me too.. You know, after reading all the discussion about their financial situation, I just can't shake how bad it must have been for them, and the level of stress they were dealing with. It seems like Raven might have had an issue with money, in the context that he "had to have" so many things. Almost as if he couldn't control himself when it came to material things. And he just kept digging himself in deeper and deeper. Even the $9K that he embezzeled from Eurosport didn't help to alleviate their debt problems, and neither did money from their church or the reduced rent. But still he kept buying.. It makes me wonder how much did he truly communicate to Janet - did he live in fear of her finding out he deeply in the hole he had gotten them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle