Deceased/Not Found Australia - Gail Lynch, 55, Warwick, Qld, 3 July 2012 *I. Hannaford guilty*

Thanks Makara, I just heard it on ABC TV. You gotta hand it to the police. They've done a very thorough job. I just hope he pleads guilty and tells the family where Gail is.

A plea to everyone - if you are angry, go get help. This could potentially save yourself and others a lot of heartache.

Gail Lynch's ex to face court

27th July 2012 9:00 AM

Updated: 8:29 PM

IAN Hannaford has been charged with the murder of his ex-partner, Warwick woman Gail Lynch.

Hannaford reportedly hid from police in bushland at Picnic Point Park in Toowoomba and police believe he may have been there since July 11, when they last spoke with him.

A security guard discovered an injured, semi-conscious Hannaford in a toilet block in the park about 8.30pm on Thursday.

Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said police found a makeshift campsite under a concrete lookout without any blankets and with only a few food scraps.

"We believe he has been there for some days, with evidence of foodstuffs there but little else," Det Insp Shadlow said.

Hannaford was taken to Toowoomba Base Hospital that night to be treated for dehydration and exposure and was released into police custody yesterday afternoon, only to be met with a set of handcuffs and a murder charge.

Police and search crews scoured the Picnic Point Park area in search of Gail Lynch's body or any other clues that could indicate her whereabouts.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/story/2012/07/27/police-locate-man-lynch-case/

Thanks Makara, I just heard it on ABC TV. You gotta hand it to the police. They've done a very thorough job. I just hope he pleads guilty and tells the family where Gail is.

A plea to everyone - if you are angry, go get help. This could potentially save yourself and others a lot of heartache.

This is such a sad case BN. I just want to know why, what went wrong? Apparently Gail and Hannaford were no longer in a relationship but why did he have to murder her? Hopefully Gail's body will be found soon and her family can lay her to rest with dignity.

This is such a sad case BN. I just want to know why, what went wrong? Apparently Gail and Hannaford were no longer in a relationship but why did he have to murder her? Hopefully Gail's body will be found soon and her family can lay her to rest with dignity.

This is a sad case, there's way too many of them.

'Some Grandma's are so special that they really must be angels!' unknown

:angel::angel:

R.I.P. now Gail.

I've missed the past few days of news. Anything new about Gail yet?

I've missed the past few days of news. Anything new about Gail yet?

I just checked with the Find Gail facebook page. Nothing new. Family hoping for a miracle, but preparing for the worst and just want Gail found.

Also trying to stay neutral regarding Ian Hannaford as to not jeopardise court case due in October.

facebook.com/MissingPersonGailLynch

Missing grandmother search fails to find body

Date August 9, 2012 - 2:30PM Marissa Calligeros

Police will not resume the search for missing southern Queensland grandmother Gail Lynch unless more information comes to light, detectives say.

Police said yesterday they had called off the search for the body of 55-year-old pensioner, nearly two weeks after charging her ex-boyfriend, Ian Hannaford, with her murder.

Ms Lynch was last seen at her Guy Street unit in the town of Warwick on July 3.

She spoke to a relative on the phone that night, but has not been seen or heard from since.

Advertisement Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said investigators had exhausted all search areas surrounding Warwick, including creeks and dams.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...o-find-body-20120809-23w75.html#ixzz2320FYjeW

I feel so sad for Gail's family. Have not found Gail's remains. How can the family find peace?

Was this to go before the court again on 15 January? Or when is the next court appearance? All this time without finding Gail's body must be agony for her family and friends.

So sad. Hope she is found to bring closure to her family.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/grandmother-murder-case-transferred-toowoomba-cour/1728171/

The case was mentioned before Toowoomba Magistrates Court this morning with Hannaford's solicitor Kyna Morice asking for a four-week adjournment.

Ms Morice said Toowoomba barrister Robbie Davies had been briefed in the case but he was yet to go through the material.

However, Magistrate Bruce Schemioneck said the case originated in Warwick and transferred it back to the Warwick Magistrates Court for mention on March 12.

Heartache as Gail Lynch is still missing

IT HAS been 12 months of heartache, grief and pain for family and friends of Gail Lynch.

It was on this day, one year ago, that the beloved Warwick grandmother, aunt, sister and friend went missing, assumed murdered.

Fifty-two weeks after her disappearance, there are still no answers.

They say pain eases over time, but for Ms Lynch's sister Lyn McMillan, it has become even harder.

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/heartache-as-gail-lynch-is-still-missing/1930157/

Sister hopes missing soulmate is alive

LYN McMillan used to chat to her sister every day. Now she can't.

She would tell her everything from what she had for dinner, to her darkest secrets. Now she doesn't.

The pair were almost inseparable, but now they've been ripped apart.

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/sister-hopes-missing-soulmate-is-alive-gail-lynch/1934878/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back