Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually makes me sick to see him go around like nothing is wrong. I didn't follow them at all. I know myself too well and might have said something in passing so chose to remove myself from the situation rather than cause a scene. Another HT, maybe, but not this one.

I'm glad you refrained from saying anything; really, no good can come from that, ya know? We have to have faith in the justice system and that the truth will come out and be known and there will be resolution in the end. And until then....well.... patience I guess.

When I'm with my parents (they retired to FL) they pay for everything too. And my mother did that when she and her sister came and stayed with me for 16 days last year. Doesn't matter that I am gainfully employed and they're retired. Although they will allow me to treat sometimes, but that's a smaller % of time. My dad even less so than my mother; he pays for everything (restaurants, etc.) when I'm visiting.

So that part (mommy paying) doesn't shock me so much, having experienced it myself. Some parents still think of their grown kids as their 'babies' no matter what the reality is. My mother thinks I'm still 12 yrs old.

I totally agree when parents are visiting...my parents do the same and insist on it. But to be here almost 2 months is a different story, this is temporary residence:laughbig: IMO. I would bet she will be here thru Oct with the custody issues coming up, then if he does get the girls she will be here to settle them in as well. :furious: We could be looking at a couple more months.

I totally agree when parents are visiting...my parents do the same and insist on it. But to be here almost 2 months is a different story, this is temporary residence:laughbig: IMO. I would bet she will be here thru Oct with the custody issues coming up, then if he does get the girls she will be here to settle them in as well. :furious: We could be looking at a couple more months.

True. He might be giving her a check or putting cash in her wallet...I mean we don't know...you see mom paying at the store, but he might be treating her in other ways too. Or maybe not. No way to know.

True. He might be giving her a check or putting cash in her wallet...I mean we don't know...you see mom paying at the store, but he might be treating her in other ways too. Or maybe not. No way to know.
LOL...did you see what you wrote? :floorlaugh:
Treating her in other ways? :waitasec: Maybe he gives her an allowance like he did Nancy? :furious: Does he control everyone in his life?:confused:
I know what you mean, just picking on you!

LOL...did you see what you wrote? :floorlaugh:
Treating her in other ways? :waitasec: Maybe he gives her an allowance like he did Nancy? :furious: Does he control everyone in his life?:confused:
I know what you mean, just picking on you!

HEH! Yes I did notice that as soon as I posted. And I KNEW you'd bust my chops over it too! He does seem to like to withdraw a certain amount of $$ each week...perhaps old habits persist! :rolleyes:

Not that this will necessarily make you feel better M23K, but at least there is still *possibility* ahead in this case.

I mean how would you like to be a family member of one of O.J. victims? I am practically in tears anytime I see Fred or Kim Goldman on TV; I feel so bad for them. Or Robert Blake's wife's family? Can you imagine knowing that the murderer of your beloved family member was deemed NOT guilty and is walking around free as a bird?

Of course their reputations are ruined, most people want nothing to do with them, their souls are scarred forever, they're piranhas in most of polite society, people call them 'murderer' and 'killer' to their faces, and they will never ever be 'free' of the association to their crimes, but still...can you IMAGINE?

I think at some point you have to find some belief in Universal Karma and realize that such actions will be accounted for in some way/some day or else risk losing your mind.

Not that this will necessarily make you feel better M23K, but at least there is still *possibility* ahead in this case. I mean how would you like to be a family member of one of O.J. victims? I am practically in tears anytime I see Fred or Kim Goldman on TV; I feel so bad for them. Or Robert Blake's wife's family? Can you imagine knowing that the murderer of your beloved family member was deemed NOT guilty and is walking around free as a bird?

Oh course their reputations are ruined, most people want nothing to do with them, their souls are scarred forever, and they're piranhas in most of polite society, but still...can you IMAGINE? I think at some point you have to find some belief in Universal Karma and realize that such actions will be accounted for in some way/some day.

That is a really helpful way to look at it. Still hard to wait though.

And...for those who are upset at the intrusion/digging into the private lives of NC's friends, remember if you will, in 2002 when 7 yr old Danielle Van Dam was taken from her home (by a neighbor) and found dead 3 weeks later, the parents 'lifestyle' was put on trial as much as the defendant's. The parents were part of a semi-occasional swinging lifestyle and they enjoyed smoking pot, drinking and a little spouse swapping at times. They were castigated by the San Diego community as well as the entire country for their behaviors. Of course those behaviors didn't have anything to do with the actual crime itself, but the inference was made many times that their behaviors somehow enticed their pedophile neighbor Westerfield into sneaking into their home in the middle of the night, abducting their daughter, driving her in his motorhome for 3 days, and eventually killing her and leaving her body about 10 mi. away for predators to feast on.

But in the end, none of the salaciousness mattered to the jury. David Allen Westerfield was connected to the victim and the crime through his timeline, DNA, fibers, kiddie *advertiser censored*, failed polygraph test and other things. It wasn't a 'slam-dunk' case by any means, but he was found guilty AND is now sitting on death row in San Quentin.

People CAN (and will) see through smoke screens and pay attention to the actual evidence. The key of course is that there must be evidence linking the killer to his/her victim in some way.

That is a really helpful way to look at it. Still hard to wait though.
Of course it is. But SG is right. Better to have hope that one day the right person will be found guilty than knowing they got off with a not guilty. Better for the DA to be ready. Which I agree that in these parts of N.C., it seems to take an extra long time. Most likely because of the type of case it is and the fact that there is no witness, no smoking gun.

Husband just got back from THE Harris Teeter. I'm gonna hafta wash those BC cooties off him.

You know, BC's lawyer probably told him he should wear the wedding band. It "makes a good appearance" after all. Hmpfh. Bet he didn't wear it when he had his affairs.

I'd be shopping somewhere else if I were BC. Bet his lawyers told him to shop there, you know, like nothing ever happened.

I think at some point you have to find some belief in Universal Karma and realize that such actions will be accounted for in some way/some day or else risk losing your mind.

I embrace that belief 100% and it is what saves me from going completely bonkers with these crimes......and everything else going on in the world for that matter.

Husband just got back from THE Harris Teeter. I'm gonna hafta wash those BC cooties off him.

You know, BC's lawyer probably told him he should wear the wedding band. It "makes a good appearance" after all. Hmpfh. Bet he didn't wear it when he had his affairs.

I'd be shopping somewhere else if I were BC. Bet his lawyers told him to shop there, you know, like nothing ever happened.
Always wondered what kind of legal scum would represent other scum.

Do any of you think this man would have a chance at a fair trial if arrested?

Everyone on WS would be filtered out by the voir dire... so yes. :)

And I thought I knew French. I had to look this one up! For others of you who have no idea what JS just said, "Voir Dire is the process by which attorneys select, or perhaps more appropriately reject, certain jurors to hear a case."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong