2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, take the kitteh's to the vet. But do not talk to anyone about this case, do not read or watch the news about this case, no social media, and if any reporter tries to make contact, report this at once.

Oh puhleez...after yesterday I can assure you that I have NO desire to discuss this case with anyone or talk to media. :floorlaugh:

Good Morning all! I have been reading here everyday since the trial started and I have a few questions maybe you all can answer.

1. Why cant the jurors discuss this case amongst themselves? I dont get the reasoning behind that.

2. If they arent allowed to discuss the case with each other, then why is whipsering allowed between jurors, while in the courtroom? Obviously its about the case, right?

3. Why did the judge allow juror #4 on the jury if she dosent like to "judge" anyone? I know the defence fought for her and why was this allowed? Seems like its not "fair" already.

4. How do defence lawyers sleep at night? Seriously. They KNOW their client is guilty. Where is the justice for caylee?

5. Why cant the jurors see ALL that we see of casey anthony? If I were on the jury and let someone off because I didnt have ALL the info, I would be majorly upset about this. I think this so called justice system is very faulty.

Your thoughts?

WELCOME! :) I'll take a stab at some of these questions. :)

1. The jury is only allowed to discuss the case once the case is finished and they're sent to deliberate. I guess one reason is that it's not good to speculate until all the information is presented by both sides.

2. They could just be exchanging pleasantries or general comments not related to the case.

3. Long story. The State wanted to use one of their pre-emptory strikes on her because she said she didn't want/like to judge others and, IMO, because she didn't seem up to handling all the forensic details. They had their mind made about her already so when they were up to bat, they asked her very few questions. When they tried to use the PS, the DT objected because it's illegal to use race (she's an African American) as a reason for a PS. The Judge agreed and rehabiliated her about whether she felt she was able to judge others and she said she could. So here she is.

4. I dunno. :)

5. Me too. I hate that they can't see her behavior in the Court when not in their presence.

What did your sister think of ica? also....my son was born with the reflux.....IT IS HORRIBLE........his attacks were like clock work....we called them "the witching hour"......felt so bad for our little guy......took approx 3-4 months to grow out of it.......so I feel your pain and your litle one'ls too! :( Changing his formula to Nestle's Good Start baby formoula and the Dr. Brown's baby bottles (prevent swallowing gas) did wonders helping by the way....and elevating his crib.

Thanks for the tips! She's on Similac Sensitive right now. We had her on soy but had to take her off. She has some vitamin issues and she has seizures from them. The phosphorus in the soy was high and her phosphorus reading was off the charts, so, the doctor made us switch. I HATE the Sensitive. We are seeing her doctor today because in addition to the spit-up, there's green stuff mixed in. Gross and probably painful for this poor new baby :(

As far as ICA, my sister said she was nice. They didn't talk much, just like "hey, how are you" in passing. But she said she was always smiling and just very friendly. Crazy!

Good Morning Everyone!

Breakfast looks soooooooo good. Much better than my protein shake.

I didn't get to see the trial yesterday, but from what I read, I didn't miss much.

This might be a dumb question...BUT...Since there are other "qualified" lawyers on the "Dream Team"...Can ICA still try to appeal for Incompetant Representation?

I am sure it has to meet some legal guidelines of exactly what that is to the court but OMG.

And ICA has just arrived...she saved her purple shirt for the day after the anniversary.

Thank you Kat..I am new also and was very lost, but starting to get it now.
Lurked here for years though, this is a great place with great posters.
same here, newbie, but lurker since july 08, love this place......I get the facts, and not inuendo or sound bites from MSM. Thanks to you all.:rocker:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139914"]Magic Portal to Trial Thread.[/ame]

No punching please. Everyone will get in, we promise.

(And those old-school copiers were mimeograph machines. As much as the kids loved to sniff the handouts, so did the teachers in the teacher's lounge!)

These folks more than likely still got in this morning too! What a shame, this is such disrespect to the courts. HHJP needs to step in at this point and remind the people of the public that they cannot act in this manor and step a foot into his court room.

This is worse than the protesting. These people are at a courthouse for Christ sake and they should act as such.

I gained ten pounds just looking at breakfast this morning!

So, now she wears purple...what, an afterthought...a correction like a belated Birthday card?

Morning sleuthers! Today is the day I laid out of work to watch the trial. My family is staging an intervention. I might need to come stay with somebody :seeya:

I hope it is worth taking off work for you. Yesterday was a snooze fest.
Fortunately, the boss was here all day, so, I didn't have to suffer through listening, just sneaking in to see posts. Lol.

:innocent:
Just to give you a heads up so that you don't get whiplash...when court begins we all move over to the trial thread. A mod will announce that this thread is being locked, and post a link to the trial thread for us all to move over to. When court is in recess, the trial thread will close and we will all come back to this thread. :)

Trial thread is for talk ONLY about what is going on in court. Sidebar thread is for more general case chatter.

Thanks. I appreciate the heads-up. I'm chatting at work, so I'm in and out and would probably get lost pretty quickly.

KC in the Courtroom, in lavender shirt today. Hmmm....

ETA: And unbottoned too far again, sigh.

Seriously?! Is her choice of lavendar to mark the anniversary of the first day of bella vita? She is something else.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member