GUILTY CA - Brittany Killgore, 22, Fallbrook, 13 April 2012

One thing that has me scratching my head is why he is in custody of local LE instead of military LE for the theft of the gun.

One thing that has me scratching my head is why he is in custody of local LE instead of military LE for the theft of the gun.

my thinking is that he was arrested off post and the gun wasn't military (mister nurse has been active duty army going on 20 years). I did read one article yesterday that said the navy version of CID was involved (as they would be if a service member is involved)

She was reported as being missing on Friday, April 13. She was wearing what sounds to be like a really nice gown. Where do you think she might have gone wearing that? I searched events for Camp Pendleton thinking there might have been a ball of some sort, but I didn't see anything like that. Also, in the comments, it **seems** as if her husband has commented quite a bit - so take this info with a grain of salt - he said she was afraid to drive and that the only vehicle they had was still at the parking space in the apartment complex (which may account for it being dusty?).

The dress has me scratching my head. There are a lot of trendy places downtown, but most women wouldn't wear a gown there. I usually see a lot of girls wearing teeny tiny dresses instead. Some fancy/trendy places are The Hard Rock Hotel, or maybe a nightclub called Stingaree. There could also be fancy dress events held at the U.S. Grant and the W Hotel. I can't really find any info on their websites on past events though...I too thought of a Marine ball, but then how did her phone make it downtown? It's approximately 50 miles away, over an hour drive...

was there a military ball or event going on? kind of surprised she changed her name back so quickly, don't you do that once it is final? Hope she is found safe, but I have a feeling the guy in jail has something to do with this. Especially since he is not cooperating.

The dress has me scratching my head. There are a lot of trendy places downtown, but most women wouldn't wear a gown there. I usually see a lot of girls wearing teeny tiny dresses instead. Some fancy/trendy places are The Hard Rock Hotel, or maybe a nightclub called Stingaree. There could also be fancy dress events held at the U.S. Grant and the W Hotel. I can't really find any info on their websites on past events though...I too thought of a Marine ball, but then how did her phone make it downtown? It's approximately 50 miles away, over an hour drive...

I agree about the dress. My kids are her about age and they never wear 'ball gowns' anywhere. Not since high school proms. Even dressy wedding receptions or semi- formal parties usually involve short party dresses or maybe long skirts. But the description of the dress is really odd.

It makes me wonder if she was lured away by being told she was going someplace really 'special'. But where do you invite a young woman to that would involve wearing a glitzy ball gown? The opera or the Oscars ?

eta: Was she a bridesmaid?

Marine Christopher Oglesby, who lives in the same apartment complex as the Killgores, described them as a very loving couple who liked to hang out together. He said that after Cory Killgore was deployed to Afghanistan, he didn't see as much of Brittany.
"She was never around here a lot," said Oglesby. "She liked to go and have fun in other places, but when she left this apartment complex, nobody knows who she's hanging out with."
Oglesby told 10News reporter Allison Ash he ran into Brittany Killgore last week at both the supermarket and in the laundry room and she acted like everything was perfectly fine. She made no mention of the fact that she'd filed for a divorce from her husband.
Because Oglesby was more friendly with Cory Killgore, he wasn't surprised that Brittany didn't tell him of the impending break-up.
"I can only hope for the best. I can only pray for her family and for her husband, Cory," he said. "No matter what they were going through, I hope she turns up alive."
Cory Killgore is on his way home to Fallbrook, to deal with the mystery surrounding his wife's disappearance.
10News has also learned Brittany Killgore's parents flew to San Diego from their home in Erie, Penn., Monday.
http://www.10news.com/news/30905545/detail.html

just my opinion as a military wife... but something is up with this filing for divorce while her husband was deployed. I wonder if perez is also married?

This is a very interesting case. Obviously the police know much more than they are releasing at this point.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!/news/local/Marine-of-Interest-in-Missing-Woman-Case-/147740855

perez is person of interest

the gun was a stolen military rifle (I was wrong upthread about that... perhaps why CID is involved) and is currently being tested to see if it was recently fired

his car is currently being forensically examined

her husband deployed in the fall to Afghan. (and she filed for divorce last week but told no friends about it :-(

(this is all per the video at the link)

What the articles dont seem to say is what the connection is between her and this suspect. Did they know each other? Was he in the same unit as her husband? That seems key. With him being arrested for possession of the stolen AR15 it would seem that this is not just a love triangle type thing, but something much darker.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!/news/local/Marine-of-Interest-in-Missing-Woman-Case-/147740855

the gun was a stolen military rifle (I was wrong upthread about that... perhaps why CID is involved) and is currently being tested to see if it was recently fired

her husband deployed in the fall to Afghan. (and she filed for divorce last week but told no friends about it :-(

just some feelings i'm getting about this... maybe she thought this man was a little more trustworthy since he was older and has most likely been in the military for a long time, but i'm guessing that she probably felt like people might not approve of her new plans/relationship if he was older... so that's why she didn't tell anyone about her filing for divorce. BUT, on the same note, i don't know how old her current husband is, so this may or not be a big deal.

i do kind of wonder if there were other reasons why she didn't tell anyone that she filed for divorce. maybe people would ask questions since they seemed to be so much in love... maybe people knew about Perez and didn't think it would be such a wise choice to be with him (if they knew he had a violent streak). just thinking out loud here.

as far as the dress she was wearing... i wonder if she went to a wedding that night?

oh, and i agree with a previous poster (sorry, i'm drawing a blank on the name right now!) in that Gaslamp is a pretty far drive from Fallbrook (over an hour according to mapquest). i wonder where Perez lives?

ohhh, and one more thing... i saw on the news last night that some of her belongings, including a debit card, were found outside her home (it looked like a balcony/porch??), amongst other things, and i thought that was a little strange. they also said that the things "written" in the dust on the car are believed to have been done AFTER she went missing. all things i saw on a news report last night... i'll have to see if i can find a video of it.

all MOO here. :)

ETA - if he/she was heading to Gaslamp at/around 5:00pm on a Friday, my guess is it would have taken them a bit longer to get there with rush hour traffic. and even then, clubs don't really start getting crazy until later in the night... so maybe they made a pit stop (pick up a change of clothes? dinner?) before heading down to Gaslamp? some of the pics i saw of her on FB show me that she did wear some sexy stuff, so i'm sure she would have preferred to go clubbing in something other than a ball gown.

What about the angle of the husband and Perez being 'friends'?

This one sure is strange so far.

I saw earlier reports that that the area's of DeLuz were being searched. DeLuz is a very rural area on the northern fringes of our town.
Hiding a body there would be very very easy, and very very difficult to find.

Lots of wildlife there as well.

Here's the latest news from our local paper.

http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/

DeeN

Authorities today called off their search for a missing 22-year-old North County woman who disappeared last week under suspicious circumstances, allegedly after meeting up with a serviceman who subsequently was arrested on an unrelated weapon charge.

Related: Marine Remains in Custody as Authorities Search for Woman

Officials with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department decided this morning to suspend their active efforts to find Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who was last seen in that rural community about 5 p.m. Friday, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the agency.

"Rather, we are concentrating our efforts on leads that have been developed," Caldwell said. She declined to elaborate.
http://camppendleton.patch.com/articles/search-for-missing-fallbrook-woman-halted

interesting

Authorities today called off their search for a missing 22-year-old North County woman who disappeared last week under suspicious circumstances, allegedly after meeting up with a serviceman who subsequently was arrested on an unrelated weapon charge.

Related: Marine Remains in Custody as Authorities Search for Woman

Officials with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department decided this morning to suspend their active efforts to find Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who was last seen in that rural community about 5 p.m. Friday, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the agency.

"Rather, we are concentrating our efforts on leads that have been developed," Caldwell said. She declined to elaborate.
http://camppendleton.patch.com/articles/search-for-missing-fallbrook-woman-halted

interesting

Maybe she was getting ready for a night out on the town (an evening dress might just mean a sexy outfit) and someone comes knocking on the door. There is a small scuffle on the front porch (resulting in her cards being on floor) and she is abducted.
Perp later takes her belongings and scatters them in gaslamp. Maybe she told them/he knew that she was planning on going there? Or maybe he just went there later that night on his own? Perp could be someone she kind of knew...that he wanted...and was jealous that now that she was "free" she spurned his advances?

body found and also second arrest announced :eek:

Police say a woman's body has been found in connection with the search for missing Marine wife, Brittany Killgore.

San Diego County sheriff's say a body was found at 2:30 p.m. in an area near Lake Skinner, in Riverside County.

The identity of the body has not been released.

Police have also announced a second arrest in case.

Jessica Lynn Lopez, 27, was arrested at the Ramada Inn in the 1400 block of Rosecrans Blvd., Tuesday.

She is currently in the UCSD Medical Center for "medical necessity," and now faces murder charges, said sheriff's Capt. Duncan Fraser.

Her relationship to Killgore, 22, is not known.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-brittany-kilgore-missing,0,2517332.story

The discovery of the body off Warren Road, near Lake Skinner, was made about 2:30 p.m., Sheriff's Department Capt. Duncan Fraser said. It was not immediately clear if the body was that of Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who went missing Friday, he said.

Meanwhile, detectives made a second arrest in the case Tuesday, according to Fraser. Jessica Lynn Lopez, 27, was taken into custody at a motel on Rosecrans Street in San Diego and was expected to be booked on suspicion of murder.

On Sunday, a Camp Pendleton Marine was arrested in the case. Investigators said they believe Louis Ray Perez, 45, was with Killgore just before she went missing. Perez was booked on an unrelated weapon charge, though he "is being actively investigated for this disappearance," Fraser told reporters.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/17460286/search-for-missing-fallbrook-woman-halted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back