LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey put up one heck of a fight, one I bet he didn't expect. She was so close to his jugular, oh how I wish.

Other areas not requesting info relating to unsolved murders???? the citizens ought to raise such a ruckus!!!

I still can't believe he wasn't near or in New Orleans some!

BBM...Not picking on you at all...just using your post to jump off..I see constant references to the fight that Mickey put up, but honestly, we cant know that she ever had an opportunity to put up a fight. I know we all, including me, want to think that she seriously hurt him, and I believe she most likely did inflict those wounds on him, but most of you have probably heard that song from several years back, What if God was One of Us....well, maybe that day God was a gold-toothed white guy with no hair or unknown hair, wearing a non-existent Saints jersey at an unknown gas station in an unknown location. I know, not really, but if it was, way to go God!

BBM...Not picking on you at all...just using your post to jump off..I see constant references to the fight that Mickey put up, but honestly, we cant know that she ever had an opportunity to put up a fight. I know we all, including me, want to think that she seriously hurt him, and I believe she most likely did inflict those wounds on him, but most of you have probably heard that song from several years back, What if God was One of Us....well, maybe that day God was a gold-toothed white guy with no hair or unknown hair, wearing a non-existent Saints jersey at an unknown gas station in an unknown location. I know, not really, but if it was, way to go God!

I agree that it probably should not be taken as fact that Mickey was able to injure him. It is a fair assumption, but only that right now.

Several ID's, Where did the bloodied pictures of him come from?

Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck.

http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shunick-pate-are-there-more

Wanna bet those pics were sent to his family members? To show how badly he was hurt when HE got attcked!
Wanna bet the time stamp on them is from BEFORE 3 pm on the 19th?:banghead:

Please don't think I suggested he had that authority. I was simply putting Mr. Shunick's statements about dealing with BSL into context.

:seeya: I know, and I didn't mean to make you think that I thought that

I too am curious about the "bloodied" pictures. To me it sounds like pics of his wounds, with actual blood ON the picture itself? I wonder, if pictures of his wounds were taken at the hospital (I know that they sometimes do that) would they give him copies of those?

Absolutely agree it's the DA's call. Was just expressing my opinion that if I were the DA I would let the families' opinions weigh in loud and clear. Obviously, if the families want the DP but I know I have a problematic case, I still make the deal. Likewise, if the families want the deal but I for whatever reason am adamant about the DP, I don't do the deal. DA's call but if it were me, the families would have a big say in it.

Speaking of families, anyone know if LP's family learned of this through the news or did LE inform them before/while the GJ hearing was occurring?

They learned through the news release yesterday after the grand jury ruling. What a shock that must have been. Shouldn't have happened like that.

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-lavergne-s-legal-criminal-timeline/

06/1999: Lisa Pate of Youngsville last seen. Family members say she didn't show up for her son's birthday party, which was weird.

09/21/1999: Lisa Pate's body is found in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

12/24/1999: Lavergne's ex-wife accuses him, in the divorce records, of domestic violence at Fort Polk

02/09/2000: Lavergne booked into the Opelousas jail on a simple battery charge in connection with the claim made by his ex-wife... ...As a result, this case has never gone to trial.

12/27/00: A judge grants Lavergne's ex-wife custody of their child

Another family event a woman missed!
beats his wife up on Christmas eve???
beats here again (pushes her down) while pregnant!

Due to multi jurisdictions he slipped away!

YUP! I'd say he's got a pattern!

Narcissist to the Nth degree!

I bet he did hold LP and prevent her from attending her son's b-day party!
JUST like he ruined their 1st Christmas for his new bride.

Oh! and Valentines day too!
sooo typical!

OH! and a serial killer...
moo

Wanna bet those pics were sent to his family members? To show how badly he was hurt when HE got attcked!
Wanna bet the time stamp on them is from BEFORE 3 pm on the 19th?:banghead:
Perhaps BSL had a tripod....and he used it to hold the camera to document his injuries to support his alibi?

Several ID's, Where did the bloodied pictures of him come from?

Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck.

http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shunick-pate-are-there-more
I had heard about the pictures earlier from another source, but wasn't aware that they were pictures of his wounds...I just heard "picture of him covered with blood." Now my question is: Who took these/this picture??? Camera on a Tripod (like one poster surmised was taken as evidence,) forward facing camera, or ...a friend.

I had heard about the pictures earlier from another source, but wasn't aware that they were pictures of his wounds...I just heard "picture of him covered with blood." Now my question is: Who took these/this picture??? Camera on a Tripod (like one poster surmised was taken as evidence,) forward facing camera, or ...a friend.

maybe he took them while he was parked at Whiskey bay!!! :floorlaugh:

I would like his army history and his work history added to that timeline. Also where he was incarcerated at and if he ever was off of the property at the prison. And exactly the date and time he was released from that prison. Also what properties he ever owned or rented. Someone said he was at one time in oakdale which is Allen Parish -- we left that parish out. I would also like to know on his job at Woods Group where he was payed to travel, reimbursed for mileage, etc. That will tell us if he was in tennessee, Florida, etc. or even in Indiana....I would like to have alone time with his GPS records.....:)

FWIW...I asked hubby who is a member of LE...asked if a RSO can be a trustee...he said, "Never...they are usually kept separate from everyone else due to possible "beat downs" & they are under supervision 24/7 while incarcerated...it's when they get released, you have a problem" in fact, found out we have 6 RSO in my "neighborhood" & I have NOT received one notification. When I asked hubby why, he said, "I'll ask the Boss Man (sheriff or one of his Other "bosses")

Seems a waste for society to pay for murders spending the rest of their lives in jail - IMO, once the appeals run out, they become organ donors - perhaps giving a bit of life back to someone in need...

Have to share something I saw on Nattie G...a sudden interest of people wanting to buy memorabilia belonging to murders, SKs, and the likes. A birthday card from Charlie Mason sold for $200!

Just sharing...don't beat me down..lol:please:

If it is a drug that is given, it would contaminate all organs.

Have to share something I saw on Nattie G...a sudden interest of people wanting to buy memorabilia belonging to murders, SKs, and the likes. A birthday card from Charlie Mason sold for $200!

Just sharing...don't beat me down..lol:please:

As my mom used to say, "son, there's just no accounting for taste".

I'm thinking he took them of himself on his cell phone. If I remember correctly it was stated that they found pics of him with blood on him on his cell phone. But I can't guarantee that I remember that correctly.

I'm thinking he took them of himself on his cell phone. If I remember correctly it was stated that they found pics of him with blood on him on his cell phone. But I can't guarantee that I remember that correctly.
If they're being described as "bloodied pictures", does that mean they are of him bloodied, or are they actual pictures of him bloody with blood on them? I saw a rumor on TD that they were on his cell phone of him bloody, but to me "bloodied pictures" means the pictures have actual blood on them. Maybe the pictures aren't even of him, or not just him?

Yes!!!!!!! You're right! It was on his cell phone. Like I said though, I hadn't heard it was photos of his wounds.

If they're being described as "bloodied pictures", does that mean they are of him bloodied, or are they actual pictures of him bloody with blood on them? I saw a rumor on TD that they were on his cell phone of him bloody, but to me "bloodied pictures" means the pictures have actual blood on them.

Just what we need...one more confuddled statement to ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea