MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky never imagined that, five years after their daughter vanished, they’d still be left with no answers.

Still, they never give up hope. And so on Sunday, as they do every year, family and friends marked the anniversary of Kara’s disappearance with a two-mile march. Some carried signs. Some wore T-shirts printed with a picture of Kara and a plea to the community over it:

“Help Find Our Missing Star,” it read.

“We’ve done it for the past five years as a way to honor Kara,” said the girl’s stepdad, Jim Beckford. “We call it our honor walk.”

Snipped: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/06/3597840/five-years-later-march-keeps-search.html

this case makes me so angry. The fact on the ex bfs facebook he's whining about his love life and other cr** when people know full well what he did. I don't know how people can even be in his company. Sickening

The case appears to have gone cold again. Russ Ptacek moved out of Kansas City, therefore less pressure on the Belton PD to solve this case.

I PM'd Russ Ptacek on FB and asked if he was still actively investigating Kara's disappearance and he wrote back "I'm assisting."

Not exactly sure what that means but I hope he is!

We're slowly obtaining information as each week passes by. I don't know if and when we'll find her, but we're starting to get some answers. We all know who is primarily responsible, but pointing the finger here hasn't gotten Kara home or anyone in jail. The key is to dig around KY's network of friends at the time she disappeared and the answers slowly start evolving.

I PM'd Russ Ptacek on FB and asked if he was still actively investigating Kara's disappearance and he wrote back "I'm assisting."

Not exactly sure what that means but I hope he is!

There is a strong team working on the case, PI's and former FBI agents.

(in response to thewizard)

oh, that makes me so happy to hear that. i have become obsessed with kara's case for the past several months and i truly believe that they would have been able to find her by now if she would have received the same coverage and attention that kelsey smith did. kara was not only robbed of her life, she was robbed of justice. it's either between her ex-boyfriend or edwin hall.. neither of which seem very organized and calculated, therefore it should not have taken 5 years (and counting) to find kara's body.

since the kara kopetsky sleuths are being threatened by the belton PD, why doesn't the owner of the home (that cadaver dogs made their 'hit' at) call the belton police on their own accord and allow their house to be searched? i mean, i would certainly want to know exactly what it was that these dogs 'hit' on -- wouldn't you?

i'm also curious about this friend who reported kara missing to the belton police around the same time her parents did. it has been said that this friend felt "uncomfortable" talking to kara's parents, but if kara was known to skip school and/or class from time to time then why would this friend file a MISSING PERSONS REPORT after just two days? in my opinion, two days isn't a long enough time to go to such drastic measures as evading kara's parents and going straight to the police... am i the only one who feels this way?

i understand this is a high-profile case, but i still think more information could be given to the public. i hate to criticize law enforcement, but i truly believe we (the public) could have solved this case on our own years ago...

Karas family must be going out of their mind, having their missing daughters case not being solved due to this and his loyal ex girlfriend.

since the kara kopetsky sleuths are being threatened by the belton PD, why doesn't the owner of the home (that cadaver dogs made their 'hit' at) call the belton police on their own accord and allow their house to be searched?

Snipped by me,

Can you tell me about the sleuths being threatened?

Thanks Wfgodot, After I posted I realized it was probably old news here.

Kara and her parents- I'm just an old widow in Iowa but I have not forgotten Kara or you. I pray u will have answers some day.

Yes, Dr. Know Tasha Miller was CLEARED as possibly being Kara.
I still have a hard time with the similarities too... it totally creeps me out.

Snipped by me,

Can you tell me about the sleuths being threatened?

i suppose saying "threatened" was a little extreme, but here is one of the articles: http://www.examiner.com/article/kara-kopetsky-cadaver-dog-hits-house , there is also a youtube video with some video footage of the actual abandoned house.

but basically, a group of undercover sleuths uncovered some pretty damning evidence, but belton PD told them to stay out of the investigation or else they would bring them to court. this was in february of 2012, and we have heard absolutely nothing about kara since ... (whoops, my bad.. belton PD actually went to ONE of the houses, searched for about 40 minutes and never returned.)

where are you, Kara? :(

A little police pressure and I bet the ex boyfriend and his associates will be singing like canaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme