She's Probably Gone To Be With Her Mother

thelmadawg

Reaction score
I haven't been following this case lately, but notice a very slight bit of activity -- in the search for Stacy thread.

It reminded me of a comment Peterson made very early on before he smoothed out his scenario of why and when Stacy went missing.

She's probably gone to be with her mother . . .

I believe we know that her mother also went missing very mysteriously, and imho Drew probably was the the source of that disappearance.

So I guess my question/comment is: Do we know enough about her disappearance to suggest a possible "resting" spot for the two of them? I think she seemed to be somewhat unstable (?), but actually went missing on her way to church. Wonder if a police car gave her a lift?

I always thought that was a psycho, private joke by DP.

It is very odd that Stacy's mother was never found also.
I remember that stupid statement of DP.
In every lie is a bit of truth etc.
Could this be a piece to the puzzl?
I do think that DP is a serial killer/hitman.......
I really do.

I haven't been following this case lately, but notice a very slight bit of activity -- in the search for Stacy thread.

It reminded me of a comment Peterson made very early on before he smoothed out his scenario of why and when Stacy went missing.

I believe we know that her mother also went missing very mysteriously, and imho Drew probably was the the source of that disappearance.

So I guess my question/comment is: Do we know enough about her disappearance to suggest a possible "resting" spot for the two of them? I think she seemed to be somewhat unstable (?), but actually went missing on her way to church. Wonder if a police car gave her a lift?

Not buying the Mim's story that he flew all over looking for Stacy's Mom for her and Drew?

It's been awhile but I don't remember Drew saying that Stacy went to be with her mother ... I do remember him saying something like "she ran off like her mother" ...

Thelmadawg, could you tell me where you remember Drew having said that?

ETA
Found similar statements.

"I had drama before Stacy, and Stacy just added to it," he said. "I believe, like I tell everyone, she's not missing. She's gone on her own. And it's not by (anything) that I did."

Sgt. Peterson said he believes Stacy is "where she wants to be." He also said after she sees the media reports she'll either go deeper underground or she'll surface...

"I believe she's either going to tell people where she is or she's going to go down deeper, like how her mom did," said Peterson's husband, police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

All those were found at http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2007/10/il-stacy-peterson-wife-of-police-sgt.html

Serial killer? I don't think so.

Convenience killer, yes, I do think so. IMO, if he could get away with it, he had no problem with killing someone.

I think it all stemmed from his love relationships and marriage and jealousy and ultimately his insecurity and sense of entitlement...
"I can cheat on you, but don't you dare cheat on me"

It was rumored that Drew had killed the boyfriend of 2nd wife Vicki, then said to be untrue (by Jeffreys wife).
But--
There was a suspicious "suicide" when Drew was married to Vicki. Steve Rhea. He was found hanged in his parents home.
At the time, Drew was married to Vicki and was sneaking Steve's teenage sister Monica into the house for sex. Steve wanted the relationship stopped.
During Drew's Hearsay Hearing, Vicki testified about it.
Ric Mims first brought it out in 2007 when he turned on Drew.

When Drew was married to Kathleen, he was sneaking Stacy into the house for sex. It was his pattern to rub his cheating into the faces of his wives. When he found out they had or wanted other relationships, he would threaten to kill them or do it (my opinion is he killed SP and KS)(and he let Vicki know he could kill her and make it look accidental, according to her GJ and HH testimony).

As far as Drew killing Stacy's Mom Christie Cales.... no, I don't think so at all.
Christie was last seen 3/11/98.
Drew and Kathleen were married at that time. Drew and Stacy met in late 2001 when she was/had been dating 29yr old Keith Rossetto (she was 17). When her Mom went mising, Stacy was 14.

Drew may have met Stacy prior to 2001, through her mother.

He may wait until girls are legal age (or close to it), but he does set his sights on them early.

I know this because I live near him, and one of my 21-year-old daughter's best friends lives in his neighborhood. She was propositioned/groomed by Peterson at around 15--and told to "come back when you're 17."

Fortunately, she did not see his charm or allure.

But I can see Christie Cales finding herself in Peterson's circle---and him setting his sights on her pretty and very emotionally vulnerable daughter at that point.

I can also see him making an obstacle to a relationship he wanted vanish.

I have no idea whether this occurred, but there have been an awful lot of mysteriously dead/disappeared people in Drew Peterson's life.

Drew may have met Stacy prior to 2001, through her mother.

He may wait until girls are legal age (or close to it), but he does set his sights on them early.

I know this because I live near him, and one of my 21-year-old daughter's best friends lives in his neighborhood. She was propositioned/groomed by Peterson at around 15--and told to "come back when you're 17."

Fortunately, she did not see his charm or allure.

But I can see Christie Cales finding herself in Peterson's circle---and him setting his sights on her pretty and very emotionally vulnerable daughter at that point.

I can also see him making an obstacle to a relationship he wanted vanish.

I have no idea whether this occurred, but there have been an awful lot of mysteriously dead/disappeared people in Drew Peterson's life.

ITA and have thought this may have been a possibility from the start. After all, Drew owned a bar and Christie had an alchohol problem...why couldn't they have know each other?

ITA and have thought this may have been a possibility from the start. After all, Drew owned a bar and Christie had an alchohol problem...why couldn't they have know each other?
You are so right on this. It's too bad Christie went missing so long ago, it would be nice to be able to learn more of her habits and cicle of friends. I just want him to go down and remain there for the remainder of his miserable days (and as few of those as possible........)

It's been awhile but I don't remember Drew saying that Stacy went to be with her mother ... I do remember him saying something like "she ran off like her mother" ...

Thelmadawg, could you tell me where you remember Drew having said that?

ETA
Found similar statements.

"I had drama before Stacy, and Stacy just added to it," he said. "I believe, like I tell everyone, she's not missing. She's gone on her own. And it's not by (anything) that I did."

Sgt. Peterson said he believes Stacy is "where she wants to be." He also said after she sees the media reports she'll either go deeper underground or she'll surface...

"I believe she's either going to tell people where she is or she's going to go down deeper, like how her mom did," said Peterson's husband, police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

All those were found at http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2007/10/il-stacy-peterson-wife-of-police-sgt.html

Hi: I wasn't trying to give an exact quote; rather, a peculiar statement like the last you put here which might be the one I was recalling.

The "go down deeper like how her mom did," is the kind of cocky psychotic joke-hint I would expect from him, and may have a ring of truth. Unfortunately it could mean most anything, water, cave, grave, well, etc., but perhaps eliminates cremation, burning, etc.

I don't think we know many facts about her mother?

It is very odd that Stacy's mother was never found also.
I remember that stupid statement of DP.
In every lie is a bit of truth etc.
Could this be a piece to the puzzl?
I do think that DP is a serial killer/hitman.......
I really do.

I've always thought that statement by DP was very strange. It almost sounds like an acknowledgment on his part that he knows where Stacy's mother is.

There's too many strange deaths and disappearances surrounding DP, and if the truth be known, I think he's probably killed more than just Kathleen and Stacy.

I'm new at this. I had no idea her mother went missing, too, under mysterious circumstances. There was also a relative, a brother I think, who supposedly hung himself. i believe DP committed that murder because he had said some things against DP. DP must be a serial killer. I hate him. His smugness, his love of himself. He is spawn of the devil.

Does Stacy's mom - Christy Cales - have her own thread in the missing but not forgotten forum on WS?

I believe she just ran off from the family, however I can't see her not surfacing after Stacy's disappearance and now DP's guilty verdict. Even if a mom willingly abandons her kids, it seems like one of them going missing under circumstances like Stacy's, it would cause her to resurface to look for the child & plead for justice. And if not, seems if she were around somewhere, it would be hard to stay away from the cameras, limelight, and possibly money to be made off of interviews..... I am more convinced she's deceased.

I remember talking about this possibility back in 2008 and 2009. Some people (myself included) thought it might be possible that Drew may have known Christy Cales and that there was a possibility he helped Christy disappear.

I remember we also discussed that he might have been grooming Stacy for a good while before it ever became public knowledge they were dating. How old was Stacy when her mother disappeared, maybe 14 or 15 years old if I remember correctly?

According to the FBI, it only takes 3 murders to be deemed a serial killer. I feel it's entirely possible Drew could be a serial killer. Now will we ever be able to prove that? Doubtful, I'm sorry to say.

Does Stacy's mom - Christy Cales - have her own thread in the missing but not forgotten forum on WS?

I believe she just ran off from the family, however I can't see her not surfacing after Stacy's disappearance and now DP's guilty verdict. Even if a mom willingly abandons her kids, it seems like one of them going missing under circumstances like Stacy's, it would cause her to resurface to look for the child & plead for justice. And if not, seems if she were around somewhere, it would be hard to stay away from the cameras, limelight, and possibly money to be made off of interviews..... I am more convinced she's deceased.

There is a thread for Christie here within Stacy's forum. (rather than the MBNF area).

Here it is, not much recent activity.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56058&highlight=Cales&page=6

I did not read the entire thread set up for Stacy's mom, but will add her Charley Project and NamUs pages to the thread for Christie Cales.

Wow, I remember reading about this case but I never knew Stacy's mom had also gone missing. I wonder if Drew was involved, or if not perhaps he was inspired by it. After all, if her mom was never found and no one was ever charged because people believed she left willingly, that might have made Drew think he could get away with making Stacy "disappear" the same way.

I did some googling and found this article, which says Stacy and her sisters believed their mother had been murdered but couldn't get the police to take it seriously. Stacy's mother had a history of mental illness and disappearing for short periods of time, which Stacy didn't, but I'm sure Drew thought he could convince people Stacy was the same way. Thus he decides against staging another "accident" and instead claims she left on her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back