Possible baby's foot found in chicken dinner

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
DURHAM -- A Durham family may have gotten more than poultry in their chicken dinner Monday night.

Authorities are investigating whether the questionable item was a baby's foot or just a strange-shaped piece of chicken, Durham police spokesman Lt. N.J. Blake said.

"Our ID tech looked at it and said it looked like a foot to him," Blake said.

The family, whose name was unavailable Monday night, bought a package of pre-cooked chicken Monday from the Lowes Foods at The Village shopping center, 1001 N. Miami Blvd., Blake said.

They then took the food to their apartment at Rochelle Manor, where they discovered the unusual piece, Blake said. The family, none of whom ate the chicken, then notified police.

Officers seized the item and have stored it in the Police Department's evidence room, police said.

Police also contacted N.C. Chief Medical Examiner John Butts, who said he wanted to look at the item this morning, Blake said.

"It's breaded, and it's already cooked," police Sgt. Maurice Hayes said. "It was in the shape of a foot, but anything could be the shape of a foot. I'm just trying to be optimistic here until the medical examiner can make his determination." Blake said police also alerted the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Durham County Health Department, but officials couldn't say what brand of chicken was involved.

http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-500141.html

I'm not so sure I want to read an update on this story, just in case. Very disturbing.

Suspected human foot was just dough

DURHAM -- Officials determined Tuesday that a suspected human foot found in a package of chicken Monday was really just a piece of dough.

The object apparently had been shaped intentionally to resemble a small foot, police said.

"It is not a part of any person, so it's some other kind of material or something like that," N.C. Chief Medical Examiner John Butts said. "It looks like something that is uncanningly human."

A family at the Rochelle Manor Apartments discovered the suspicious-looking object in a package of frozen chicken pieces Monday afternoon, police said. The family had bought the chicken earlier in the day at Lowes Foods store in The Village shopping center on North Miami Boulevard.

After finding the piece, they notified police, who took the object to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Chapel Hill.

Butts said preliminary results showed that the object was dough.

"I think that is probably what it is," he said. "We're running a few more tests to determine exactly what it was."

According to investigators, the piece was tampered with before the package of frozen chicken reached Lowes Foods, and the tampering appears to be an isolated incident. "We'll run another test to try to identify what it might be and turn it back to authorities and see what they will do with it," Butts said.

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-500506.html

Intentionally made to resemble a foot? Well then sentence the cook to eat 6 months of nothing but CHICKEN FEET then. Gross

Casshew said:
DURHAM -- Officials determined Tuesday that a suspected human foot found in a package of chicken Monday was really just a piece of dough.

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-500506.html

Even so, maybe all is not lost. They could sue the manufacturer for having an adulturated piece of chicken in the pack. :slap: And besides, it probably tastes just like chicken!

vicktor said:
And besides, it probably tastes just like chicken!
LOL, good one vicktor ~ weird how everything from rattlesnake to platypus tastes like chicken? :waitasec:

Well, this is one instance where I am glad I read the upadates! It was very distrubing and I am glad for the ending we got! It could have been so much worse!!! Too may whackos out there obviously!!@*$&^%$6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back