Warning may be offensive; Weekend at 'Willi' Curt Jarant's

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Dead man caught ‘checking in’ at Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Apr 6 2010 by Matt Hurst, Liverpool Echo

TWO women tried to smuggle a dead relative on to a plane at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

The corpse was pushed in on a wheelchair – complete with sunglasses – to try to fool staff at the check in desk at JLA.

But as his two companions attempted to check him in for a flight to Berlin on Saturday, staff became suspicious and alerted the authorities.

The two women were arrested after their bizarre attempt was uncovered.

The ECHO understands the 91-year-old German national had died a day earlier, and an attempt was being made to smuggle his body back to his homeland.

Linky

kurt-willi-jarant-938137351.jpg

Family of dead German man discovered at Liverpool's John Lennon Airport insist he was alive until check-in
Apr 6 2010 By Matt Hurst

'Willi' Curt Jarant's step-daughter, Anke Anusic claims "he was breathing, moving and eating" before they reached Liverpool John Lennon Airport, and she's got eight witnesses to prove it.

The 41-year-old said she and her mother, Gitta only realised Willi was dead when airport staff told them.

Describing her reaction, Anke said: "I wasn't surprised because he was old, he was 91, and everybody has to go.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE&NR=1[/ame]

I've sat next to worse on an airplane. :eek:

You know, Steely - the moment I read this story on my feed reader, I *knew* you'd do a thread on it.

The 41-year-old said she and her mother, Gitta only realised Willi was dead when airport staff told them.

Describing her reaction, Anke said: "I wasn't surprised because he was old, he was 91, and everybody has to go.

Oh, poor man. He must have been the quiet kind if it takes airport staff to tell his family he's been dead for a while already.

Oh, poor man. He must have been the quiet kind if it takes airport staff to tell his family he's been dead for a while already.

"I had asked him a question when we left the house and I just assumed he was thinking about it." Anke said. "I mean asking a guy about the nature of the universe and what our role plays in it is a deep question. That's not a question you'll get an immediate response to."

"I had asked him a question when we left the house and I just assumed he was thinking about it." Anke said. "I mean asking a guy about the nature of the universe and what our role plays in it is a deep question. That's not a question you'll get an immediate response to."

Nature of the universe, heck. When/if I reach 91, I fully expect "soup or salad?" will take me a long time to decide.

When I read the first post, my first question was Why?

Then I read the ladies said they didn't know he was dead. Hmm.

Thinking on it, I wouldn't mind sitting next to the dead guy on a plane. At least he'd be quiet and let me read my book.

They must have an interesting philosophical attitude towards life. I've never managed to get on road worrying about the nature of universe and our role in it, I'm more the "Where's my passport? Did I pack everything? Do you have the tickets?" kind of person.

It's a very deep question to discuss with someone who has suffered Alzheimer's disease for ten years.

:hand:

He was a quiet man..always deep in thought?

Coffee? Tea? Oh No thanks I'll have a stiff one please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back