What Lies Beneath the Casey/Robyn Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementary

No More Excuses
Reaction score
The manipulations of a psychopath

There are facts that may be exposed in these letters, and then there is the agenda. If you believe that the perp is a psychopath/sociopath/malignant narcissist, then here is the place to explore it; I think it otherwise will get lost in the other more factual thread.

I have only read the first page of the Casey/Robyn letter and I think it is a psychological goldmine.

She mentions, "contraband", so she knows it's wrong but doesn't care. Also, she is establishing rapport, like 'you and I are in this together'.

'the boys always have a good laugh at my expense'- she is distanced from the import of being incarcerated, it's more like a family. "Ha"- her attitude is cheery.

Desire for the 'honest' uncensored'- she's so pure

"god, betrayal, we've both had to deal with a lot of that, our exes sure are winners"- establishing rapport, we are victims

Uses a litany of cliches - 'god is on our side, we...ultimately have the greatest rewards...in order to have life we must lose our old lives so that we may be reborn...the light is clearly shining at the end of the tunnel'

To me, the first page is all about sucking in her reader. She also writes that it shouldn't have taken so long to get the results back of Jesse's paternity test, inferring that something was not right, leaving the rest to the mark's imagination, strengthening the bond of mistrust.

I am guessing whatever the perp "confides" in the following pages has a definite agenda.

A simple agenda is that KC is a narcissist who is not getting any attention so she is establishing a rapport with R-- who comes across to me as being genuinely sympathetic towards others--for supply purposes. She is trying to find ways to counter any negative prior impressions R may have of her, and to say the kinds of things she wants R to hear. She also may believe that R, in her naive decency, will honor their agreement to flush the letters.

As an aside, I don't see anything odd or necessarily mercenary in R wanting to keep these letters. I would keep them too. I always keep letters. And if I had letters from KC I would definitely keep them and I'd probably joke to my best friend about selling them later. I don't read anything into that at all.

The manipulations of a psychopath

There are facts that may be exposed in these letters, and then there is the agenda. If you believe that the perp is a psychopath/sociopath/malignant narcissist, then here is the place to explore it; I think it otherwise will get lost in the other more factual thread.

I have only read the first page of the Casey/Robyn letter and I think it is a psychological goldmine.

She mentions, "contraband", so she knows it's wrong but doesn't care. Also, she is establishing rapport, like 'you and I are in this together'.

'the boys always have a good laugh at my expense'- she is distanced from the import of being incarcerated, it's more like a family. "Ha"- her attitude is cheery.

Desire for the 'honest' uncensored'- she's so pure

"god, betrayal, we've both had to deal with a lot of that, our exes sure are winners"- establishing rapport, we are victims

Uses a litany of cliches - 'god is on our side, we...ultimately have the greatest rewards...in order to have life we must lose our old lives so that we may be reborn...the light is clearly shining at the end of the tunnel'

To me, the first page is all about sucking in her reader. She also writes that it shouldn't have taken so long to get the results back of Jesse's paternity test, inferring that something was not right, leaving the rest to the mark's imagination, strengthening the bond of mistrust.

I am guessing whatever the perp "confides" in the following pages has a definite agenda.

Have you read the Robyn transcripts yet? Wowsers!

in my opinion she kept the letters because she thought at some point they may be worth money. Face it, the girl IS a criminal for goodness sake JB seems to think the letters have no effect on the case. I am only 83 pages in as far as reading goes and was starting to think the same thing. HOWEVER, if it is true that KC told Robin that she did "knock Caylee out" and that there is no Zanny then I think the state can call her as a witness. Even if the defense argues that she is only saying this to reduce her sentence. So what? It could be another knock against KC. I would take the chance and call her it can't hurt. Also, I think the letters would just go to back up that Robin and KC were indeed friends and confidants in jail. It gives her a little credibility. After all she did share some of her secrets with KC too.

I completely agree with Elementary with the very good analysis of the letters. Casey's sucking her in with sympathy and flattery. I believe Casey knows the letters will get out to the public so she's manipulating it all back to herself with hopes to gain sympathy of a future jury pool while getting back at her family and even Jesse for some reason. The bit about Jesse and his Dad was kind of telling IMO. It's almost seems that she blames the Dad for not wanting them to live together before marriage and Jesse for not standing up to him. Maybe she feels that if they had, none of this would have happened. Just someone to blame probably.

I am only into 150 pages of the letters and I am amazed at how KC feels that this is a GOOD experience for her (My interpretation of the content). She seems to believe that she has been placed there to do good for others and to improve on her already benevolant nature ...to improve her strength and work on her minor deficiancies.

Obviously the letters are not in chronological order but regardless, over time, she still does not seem to click in that this is a really bad situation. Everything is a minor discomfort?!? Even R. mentions that KC is not all with it in the reality side. It must have been very bizarre to have contact with KC, continually cheerful and disconnected.

The constant reference to scriptures and her "daddy" (God) appear to be her way of telling herself that she was a chosen person to be there for a purpose. That may be so but her interpretations are very positive and not condemning.

Very bizarre demeanor!

I believe Casey most likely has narcissistic personality disorder coupled with sociopathy. Being locked away with little opportunity to obtain the Narcissistic Supply that she must have, she took measures to get some. Her writings follow the same pattern as some I've seen from NPD people trying to manipulate and feed on a target.

This could be a really interesting thread - I personally believe that the evidence to date shows clearly that she has some sort of major mental issue ( I am not qualified to guess as to which one, or quite possibly, which ones ;). )
These letters are a gold mine as far as her mindset, even if there is a chance that they were done deliberately as a part of defense strategy. It will be most interesting reading these with that in mind. The first thing that leaps out to me is that she never really expresses outrage at the person who killed Caylee. She speaks a lot of forgiveness instead (like she told her mother in one of those jailhouse tapes to tell Zanny that "We forgive her"). It seems like she's projecting the idea that everyone should just forgive Caylee's killer. Surprise, surprise...

This part made my skin start to crawl:

"So many kids and teens are homeless and that's something I want to target. And yes, missing children as well. That sits too close to my heart and I wish there was something we could do to prevent it. In the coming days before the Rapture, more kids will go missing. Such a terrifying thought! I'm struggling too with trying not to take matters into my own hands..."

IMO, when reading this, I felt she was trying to justify why she killed Caylee and sent her to heaven in the coming days before the Rapture.. like it's an excuse of some sort in her head.

(sigh) What ultimately lies beneath her letters, though, is a liar and a pen.

Link for reference: http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf page 13591

ITA with the above posters.
This gives us a window into the psyche of Casey, in more depth than we had surmised previously. She definitely lives in an alternative reality, childish, without a moral compass,totally self absorbed, wanting to be accepted and liked, thus can take on a chameleon-like character to fit in with whomever she is trying to impress.

It leaves me with 5 distinct thoughts:
1) Her team may have an opening here to use a mental health defense
2) She is willing to put her entire family under the bus, without thinking about the consequences of these actions: POSSIBLY ALIENATING her only real support system
3) One does question whether she may have had some kind of traumatic sexual experience, even rape by someone she knew(not necessarily her family) when she was young
4) As delusional as she is, the " bible and religious" interest seems to be providing her with some sense of comfort, on a level, even she probably does not understand, but Personally, I do think it is genuine for her at this time
5) NO WAY IS BAEZ UP TO THE TASK OF DEFENDING HER IN THIS CASE!
For the very first time, I do feel some compassion for her, because she truly is a very tortured soul

I have only read about 20 pages. I don't know how so many of you have gotten further.

I find her handwriting extraordinary. I hope someone knowledgable will start a thread about her handwriting.

You know, when I am writing something and I am flipping out mad--(like she was about the Caylee name copyright thing) my handwriting would be different from when I am not flipping out mad. Her handwriting remains the same whether she is happy or mad. Very regular handwriting ---so much like she is---unflinching!

I KNOW what you all know about her--but she strikes me as a bit more intelligent than I originally thought. AND her handwriting--! wow. I think she would have made a very good draftsperson back in the old days before computers. She has the handwriting (printing) of an engineer. It is "rounder" than an engineer's would be--but it has to be the most regular handwriting I have ever seen!

Her handwriting combines "girliness", art-y-ness and uniformity. The fact that she prints instead of writes is quite telling in itself. I would imagine it is about control and compartmentalization. She doesn't use big flourishes (aside from the scroll-y "headlines"). Her handwriting shows some good qualities. I agree with many of you that (like her jailhouse tapes) a great deal of these letters are "orchestrated". The content and style, however, show that she is pretty happy where she is. Honestly, I think she *is* happy to be there! She has Seinfeld (a favorite show of mine) and The Count of Monte Cristo (a favorite book of mine)!

She definitely can "pass" as normal---I sort of see how she has been able to do that continually with the "good attitude" !!!

Just a part of her letters to Robin...

page 74

"Alright, so the drama with my folks is getting worse, and I mean that in several ways. #1-their attorney is a power-hungry jerk who is only looking to make himself relevant in my case, and my mom is aiding him in that (bar complaints against Jose, wanting to raise money for my defense, but they don't want my defense team knowing); that's just the tip of the iceberg. #2-Both of my parents are not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right ? They are both further from God than I have ever seen and it's evident by their daily actions-avoiding Jose, bad mouthing my defense team (couldn't read the rest of the sentence)."

BBM.

Since I have no psych experience, maybe someone more knowledgable can decipher what this part says about Casey. To keep in mind, that she wasn't working for quite a while, going out and partying while others watched her daughter (as she blasts her parents for going on trips, etc..). Then she goes on to say her parents are further from God than she has ever seen them to be....?

You know, when I am writing something and I am flipping out mad--(like she was about the Caylee name copyright thing) my handwriting would be different from when I am not flipping out mad. Her handwriting remains the same whether she is happy or mad. Very regular handwriting ---so much like she is---unflinching

Snipped for space by me.

Read on, this is not the case. Sometimes Casey's hand writing is neat straight up and down, other times slanted to the right or left and sometimes it is sloppy and all the letters are connected as well as the slant. Sometimes it is pressed hard into the paper.

I find it interesting how none of her friends have ever mentioned her being such a religious person, yet now her writing is so full of religious context. I get the feeling that she knows she's screwed and is hoping that she'll be "forgiven" and sent to heaven.

Just a part of her letters to Robin...

page 74

"Alright, so the drama with my folks is getting worse, and I mean that in several ways. #1-their attorney is a power-hungry jerk who is only looking to make himself relevant in my case, and my mom is aiding him in that (bar complaints against Jose, wanting to raise money for my defense, but they don't want my defense team knowing); that's just the tip of the iceberg. #2-Both of my parents are not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right ? They are both further from God than I have ever seen and it's evident by their daily actions-avoiding Jose, bad mouthing my defense team (couldn't read the rest of the sentence)."

BBM.

Since I have no psych experience, maybe someone more knowledgable can decipher what this part says about Casey. To keep in mind, that she wasn't working for quite a while, going out and partying while others watched her daughter (as she blasts her parents for going on trips, etc..). Then she goes on to say her parents are further from God than she has ever seen them to be....?

I'm sorry, I know we are trying to perform a serious analysis of these letters and Casey's possible mental illness/health issues/personality disorders but SERIOUSLY?

WTF indtroduced Casey to God???? I am sorry - it is not my intention to launch a religious debate here but absolutely NOTHING I have ever read, seen, heard or witnessed from Casey's behavior myself have ever given me the impression that Casey has EVER met/known God. This whole pious God thing just makes me puke. That girl just takes the whole damn cake in my opinion.

Boy they weren't kiddin when they said the first person you "discover" once you hit prison is God.

I find it interesting how none of her friends have ever mentioned her being such a religious person, yet now her writing is so full of religious context. I get the feeling that she knows she's screwed and is hoping that she'll be "forgiven" and sent to heaven.

I thought she was just simply mimicing Robyn, taking on her style of conversation........wanting Robyn to like her. She has adapted her style to others in the past (religous like the Grunds, etc.).

I've had correspondence with a few friends who have been imprisoned over the years. I have to say.. each letter they sent showed a growing belief in Christianity.

Here is what I have a problem with.

Casey made the statement “long before that information was made public,” WKMG’s Tony Pipitone reported.

We don't even know that Casey MADE that statement. Does it make her less guilty? Hell NO! But I believe in getting the facts. Can we trust this informant? I think not.

I've had correspondence with a few friends who have been imprisoned over the years. I have to say.. each letter they sent showed a growing belief in Christianity.

I was going to say, everyone finds God in jail. My ex fiancee went to jail for 25 days for driving on a suspended license. I was 2 months pregnant then. All he talked about was God and getting married and how excited he was to be a dad. I'm 7 months along now, haven't heard from him in months since he got out and left me for a younger girl. I'm guessing his relationship with God didn't turn out so well, IDK!

I thought she was just simply mimicing Robyn, taking on her style of conversation........wanting Robyn to like her. She has adapted her style to others in the past (religous like the Grunds, etc.).

It's that undying need KC has for acceptance. Rather than try to get people to like her for who she is, she struggles with her identity and adapts other people's traits and beliefs so she'll be accepted by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones