1023 users online (183 members and 840 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jaycee's New Attorney

It seems that Jaycee has hired an attorney named Shawn Chapman Holley, who has previously represented Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Snoop Dogg, and O.J. Simpson. Holley will also represent Jaycee's daughters, who have waived their right to independent counsel and do not want any contact with PG's lawyer. Good news, huh?

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/23070260/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by BeenaBobba View Post
    It seems that Jaycee has hired an attorney named Shawn Chapman Holley, who has previously represented Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Snoop Dogg, and O.J. Simpson. Holley will also represent Jaycee's daughters, who have waived their right to independent counsel and do not want any contact with PG's lawyer. Good news, huh?

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/23070260/detail.html
    THANK YOU BeenaBobba.....

Really good that the girls do not want to talk to scumbags lawyer. and are in JC's camp.
    According to court records, Shawn Chapman Holley,
    of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert,
    represents both Dugard and her children.

JC GOT A LAWYER!!! JC GOT A LAWYER!!!

Now lets go check HER out..... http://www.kwikalaw.com/sholley
    I did not find much...But entertainers...Seems like she is a show biz lawyer.
    so I am not so sure what to think yet.
    Last edited by songline; 04-06-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

im back! and perfect timing............take that philly boy!!!!!!!!!!!
    i can even glance over the fact that they are representedby oj's lawyer

ohhhhhhhhhhh im so happy......

But will this change in attorney mean a delay to the April 15th hearing?
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

I think the court will want to establish that that really is the girls wishes and not a descision imposed on them by their mother and/or grandmother, so they may still have to see the court appointed lawyers anyway (that is why the court appointed them in the first place).

As for Marsy's law, that will be interesting since only Jaycee is the victim, not the kids (no charges relating to them have been laid), however, PG is their father and has lived with them all their lives. How will that be resolved? That would be tricky if the court orders some contact with the kids but also imposes a protective order for Jaycee.

The other thing is that since PG hasn't been convicted yet, presumably not all of his parental rights have been severed. I expect that his lawyer will be pushing on that aspect as well. That raises the question - if that is a civil matter and I'm presuming the public defenders office wouldn't be obliged to pursue that, does he need a second lawyer? It is hard to imagine that a lawyer would step up to represent him on the civil matter.

April 15 should be an interesting day. Or maybe they will just put it off for another month while they think about it.

In one way the appointment of Holley does address the primary issue - it provides PG's lawyer with a means of contacting Jaycee indirectly through her lawyer on civil issues, so from the courts point of view the problem may be solved.

i assume the april 15th hearinng is still on.

i still dont trust the judge

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    But will this change in attorney mean a delay to the April 15th hearing?
    As of right now, the hearing for April 15th hasn't been delayed. In the document filed by Jaycee's lawyer, Holley wrote that she will not be able to attend, but no delays or changes are mentioned. I'd imagine the judge will rule on whether he will allow her to represent the girls. IIRC, the PG/NG telephone calls will be brought up at the hearing as well.

Here's a link to the document filed by Shawn Chapman Holley:

http://www.kcra.com/download/2010/0406/23070157.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Damned glad to hear this news. I consider the question of whether or not they consider PG some kind of benevolent "father figure" to have been resoundingly answered "NO".
    That's certainly possible, but it's hard to say based on this alone. It's also possible that they once loved him, though I'd imagine that they are understandably very, very angry now that they know the truth.
    Last edited by BeenaBobba; 04-07-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Added an additional thought.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Now lets go check HER out..... http://www.kwikalaw.com/sholley
    I did not find much...But entertainers...Seems like she is a show biz lawyer.
    so I am not so sure what to think yet.
    I'm usually kind of cynical and suspicious when it comes to so-called "celebrity lawyers," so time will tell. I truly hope she has Jaycee's best interests at heart. So far, so good.

judge better grant the protection orders.

let the two wackos have there phone calls about the 'family' that exists only in there warped minds now.

i do think the girls 'loved him' before all this happened. they didnt know what real family or real love was

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    judge better grant the protection orders.
    Ultimately, I feel pretty certain that it will come to that eventually; however, there may be another hitch if the judge decides that the girls need to verify that they don't want contact with PG or his lawyers with independent lawyers. If they don't, which seems to be the case based on what Holley has written, then the judge will have no choice but to grant the order. I'd say it's just a matter of whether there will be additional hassles involved before he does.

he can verify it with a phone call.

stop wasting jaycee and the girls time with garrido's frivilous motions already.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    he can verify it with a phone call.

stop wasting jaycee and the girls time with garrido's frivilous motions already.
    True, but do judges generally make phone calls in cases like these? I'm not sure if he'd do that. Either way, I just don't see how he'll be able to refuse the order. I just hope he rules in Jaycee's favor sooner rather than later.

well he seems to want to play games. i think the games are over. time to start serving justice instead of cow towing to these 2 monsters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast