1144 users online (161 members and 983 guests)  

Websleuths News

Baby Jenny

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/06...ex.html?hpt=C2

While this story has a very happy ending, and, yes, I understand we were trying to help and the little girl's life was saved, but still this story angers me because the parents had been trying for nearly 3 months to prove this little girl was their child. What American couple would have put up with this?

It was 84 days after the Haitian earthquake before this couple were reunited with their only child. Had it not been for volunteers, this child could very well have been placed for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

While this story has a very happy ending, and, yes, I understand we were trying to help and the little girl's life was saved, but still this story angers me because the parents had been trying for nearly 3 months to prove this little girl was their child. What American couple would have put up with this?

It was 84 days after the Haitian earthquake before this couple were reunited with their only child. Had it not been for volunteers, this child could very well have been placed for adoption.
    I imagine they feel very lucky because as far as I understand it, the child received a lot of medical care here in US.
    Had she not been brought in US, the outcome could have been totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

When there are natural catastrophes there is no way to keep order. SAD but TRUE...
    Nobody took this child from anyone so there is no need to be angry....They saw a child in need and jumped in to help. there was no way to do this differently or it would have been done.
    the outcome is a blessing. Thank God
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.