Ideas where the public can search

izehnder

Reaction score
Website
www.examiner.com
Examiner.com article: Ideas of where the public can search for Susan Cox Powell on April 10 and beyond

April 5, 2010 - A mass volunteer ground search effort for clues into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell scheduled April 10 was closed to the public Friday, leaving people with questions of what they can do to help find Susan - search tips provided by a sheriff's office in Colorado may provide some answers ... click here for story.

Thank you to those who suggested writing about this. I contacted the Sheriff's office and they were in agreement we could use their search tips for Susan's case.

Isabelle

Examiner.com article: Ideas of where the public can search for Susan Cox Powell on April 10 and beyond

April 5, 2010 - A mass volunteer ground search effort for clues into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell scheduled April 10 was closed to the public Friday, leaving people with questions of what they can do to help find Susan - search tips provided by a sheriff's office in Colorado may provide some answers ... click here for story.

Thank you to those who suggested writing about this. I contacted the Sheriff's office and they were in agreement we could use their search tips for Susan's case.

Isabelle

Thank you, izehnder, for sharing the Examiner's article about the Weld County Sheriff's Department searching tips.

I would really like to know why the West Valley City PD didn't come out with instructions like these, over three months ago?

This whole case reeks of inexcusable stinky fishiness! :mad:

imho, of course

I posted the Greely Co LE tips a few days ago, I thought they were excellent. Have to wonder why WVC didn't do something similar.

And then to-day this news article states how LE is happy people are looking. What a big difference. When SP went missing why did they not have people check their own properties etc.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23051506/detail.html#

He added, however, that efforts like the one led by Turner are appreciated. He urged those who find anything to call the Greeley Police Department at (970) 350-9600.

“
Of course, we encourage that,” Tymkowych said. “Anything that people can do to help us out — get the word out, do a litlte bit of looking around in different places — that's fine.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409715/1005&parentprofile=1001

I posted the Greely Co LE tips a few days ago, I thought they were excellent. Have to wonder why WVC didn't do something similar.

And then to-day this news article states how LE is happy people are looking. What a big difference. When SP went missing why did they not have people check their own properties etc.http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23051506/detail.html#

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100407/NEWS/100409715/1005&parentprofile=1001

I agree RubyRed, I mentioned the bolded many moons ago on Susan's thread and in the comments of the Trib.--as I did the article on the searching tips. The Salt Lake Tribune did nothing and it was Isabelle, from The Examiner, who took the lead to post. Hopefully many of the people in the Salt Lake area are among her readership.

I agree RubyRed, I mentioned the bolded many moons ago on Susan's thread and in the comments of the Trib.--as I did the article on the searching tips. The Salt Lake Tribune did nothing and it was Isabelle, from The Examiner, who took the lead to post. Hopefully many of the people in the Salt Lake area are among her readership.

Just based on the search tips from the article, there was so much that could have been done, by regular people, that would not have compromised their safety. The more people that see those search tips the better. Handing out flyers in WVC seems pointless to me. If people have not heard about SP by now then they are living under a rock.

Just based on the search tips from the article, there was so much that could have been done, by regular people, that would not have compromised their safety. The more people that see those search tips the better. Handing out flyers in WVC seems pointless to me. If people have not heard about SP by now then they are living under a rock.

So true. I suggested that along with the basic flyer, they include a print out of the search tips---even on lavender paper if they like...just get the needed info out there.

It was people here who gave me the idea to write the article. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back