1125 users online (241 members and 884 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,308

    We've all seen age progression photos...

    I recently came across this art project called "young me, now me" and I am hyptonized by it. It shows kids in the exact same pose now that they're adults. Not only is it entertaining but I found the changes in facial structure absolutely fascinating.

    http://www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784
    That's awesome! And some of those guys are pretty great sports - especially the guy in the little red undies and the guy on the potty! TY for the link!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    I recently came across this art project called "young me, now me" and I am hyptonized by it. It shows kids in the exact same pose now that they're adults. Not only is it entertaining but I found the changes in facial structure absolutely fascinating.

    http://www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/
    Lol, I love the toga one.What's up with that??

    Edit- OMG there is one of a toddler wearing noting but a blankie over his privates drinking a bottle on a bed and there he is as a grown up wearing only a towel draped over him and he's drinking wine ROFLMAO.
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 04-07-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,308
    Sleuthster, LOL, omg, I know, some of them are a real scream .

    What I really noticed was that despite the jawlines changing, the noses getting bigger, more crooked, the hair thinning, etc, the eyes never change. You can look at a picture of a 4 year old and then then at 40 and the eyes are just identical. It helps so much that they're in the exact same pose, it really amplifies it.

    I think this is really relevant to picture matching, especially in the wake of Acalas hundreds of unidentified pictures, etc and trying to match them with missing people and paying too much attention to things that might normally change over time and thinking there isn't a match.

    It reminds me of the scanning of IDs by the airport safety officers, one of them told me once that they are trained to match up the eyes to the individual in front of them. Everything else is so variable, especially things like hair color, nose shape, etc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    Sleuthster, LOL, omg, I know, some of them are a real scream .

    What I really noticed was that despite the jawlines changing, the noses getting bigger, more crooked, the hair thinning, etc, the eyes never change. You can look at a picture of a 4 year old and then then at 40 and the eyes are just identical. It helps so much that they're in the exact same pose, it really amplifies it.

    I think this is really relevant to picture matching, especially in the wake of Acalas hundreds of unidentified pictures, etc and trying to match them with missing people and paying too much attention to things that might normally change over time and thinking there isn't a match.

    It reminds me of the scanning of IDs by the airport safety officers, one of them told me once that they are trained to match up the eyes to the individual in front of them. Everything else is so variable, especially things like hair color, nose shape, etc.
    Tjhe info about the eyes is good to know. thank you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Lol, I love the toga one.What's up with that??

    Edit- OMG there is one of a toddler wearing noting but a blankie over his privates drinking a bottle on a bed and there he is as a grown up wearing only a towel draped over him and he's drinking wine ROFLMAO.
    Too funny!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    That's awesome! And some of those guys are pretty great sports - especially the guy in the little red undies and the guy on the potty! TY for the link!
    Good one!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    I recently came across this art project called "young me, now me" and I am hyptonized by it. It shows kids in the exact same pose now that they're adults. Not only is it entertaining but I found the changes in facial structure absolutely fascinating.

    http://www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/
    Yep, a bald babe becomes a bald old man with many changes in between.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784
    What has always struck me about these types of photos is how much some people look like themselves as children and how little others do. Facially, at 30 I look exactly like I did at 3. Others, like my mum, you couldn't even tell it's the same kid.

    Is that just luck of the draw for some missing people, or can they anticipate that when they do the progressed photos, I wonder?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    What has always struck me about these types of photos is how much some people look like themselves as children and how little others do. Facially, at 30 I look exactly like I did at 3. Others, like my mum, you couldn't even tell it's the same kid.

    Is that just luck of the draw for some missing people, or can they anticipate that when they do the progressed photos, I wonder?
    I just had a thought. Recently my mom ran across some pics of my 3 kids when they were 2, 3 and 5. I was shocked how identical the 2 yr old, my youngest daughter (who is now 29) looked like her now 3 yr old daughter. They looked like identical twins. (Does that mean my 3 yr old grand daughter will look like her mother when shes older? I hope so!)
    I wonder if, when they do age progression they ever ask for pics of other siblings or family members (parents, grandparents) to assist in the picture for age progression?

    Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784



Similar Threads

  1. Age progression
    By icedtea4me in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 12:51 PM