1088 users online (260 members and 828 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Shoe Bomb Attempt

Lovely. He has diplomatic immunity too. Great.

Losers, dont they have anything better to do then try to terrorize people by lighting their shoes on fire. Next they'll be taking everyone's shoes when they fly and then charge them $40 to get them back.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

No explosives were found. The diplomat might have been "sarcastic." So what can be done to someone with diplomatic immunity? No possible charges, right?
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/air-ma...ry?id=10315314
    Last edited by jjenny; 04-07-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Our news is reporting that he was caught hiding in the lavatory trying to take a smoke, and tried to put the cigarette out on his shoe when air marshals broke in. :|

Dang Diplomatic Humor.

A US security official said, "it may have been a massive misunderstanding" and the diplomat's statement may have been a "sarcastic" comment when he was confronted by two air marshals who had been told by flight attendants that smoke was coming from the lavatory.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Someone get the Marshall, they are smokin in the boys room.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Someone get the Marshall, they are smokin in the boys room.
    But everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school.

It's my understanding (no link) that there are now breast and buttock implants that could contain explosives that cannot be detected. Why bother with shoes anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Lovely. He has diplomatic immunity too. Great.

Losers, dont they have anything better to do then try to terrorize people by lighting their shoes on fire. Next they'll be taking everyone's shoes when they fly and then charge them $40 to get them back.
    Good point sleuthster.

Why didn't this diplomat wait to smoke when he hit the ground instead of causing a scare up in the air, "Smoking in the Boys Room" instead of starting a scene? Diplomats think they can get away with anything. Flying has become a major hassle as it is and soon too many more rules will be imposed upon us.

I can see paying FORTY BUCKS to get my shoes back in the future. We might as well go barefoot..... We all might have to fly naked in the future to get through security. Ah, that would be just lovely, taking off all our clothes....

Gozgals

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Good point sleuthster.

Why didn't this diplomat wait to smoke when he hit the ground instead of causing a scare up in the air, "Smoking in the Boys Room" instead of starting a scene? Diplomats think they can get away with anything. Flying has become a major hassle as it is and soon too many more rules will be imposed upon us.

I can see paying FORTY BUCKS to get my shoes back in the future. We might as well go barefoot..... We all might have to fly naked in the future to get through security. Ah, that would be just lovely, taking off all our clothes....

Gozgals
    BBM...if it were you or I we would be in so much trouble. Especially for the comment (sarcastic or not) about setting our shoes on fire. Wouldn't that be a terroristic threat?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    BBM...if it were you or I we would be in so much trouble. Especially for the comment (sarcastic or not) about setting our shoes on fire. Wouldn't that be a terroristic threat?
    So true Lizzybeth, you can't even make a joke when you are at the airport. I was searched the 3 weeks ago when I was there because I am tiny and was carrying bags. I looked rather unsteady and nervous. I told the guard my mom just died on my vacation and then he looked stunned... They proceeded to check my bags though. (He He)

Anything that smells like a threat, is a threat.

Good day.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Good point sleuthster.

Gozgals
    Yes, I am really looking forward to flying in May. I'm sure the what not to bring on board list will become larger by then and my funds will become smaller because of all the stupid fees for luggage, now carry on's, and they'll probably fine me everytime Pooky yells or is annoying.
    Cindi Lou

This really makes me mad. You know that if you or I were to light a cigarette on a plane and then make a joke about a bomb we would be in a WORLD of trouble. But with this guy it's a misunderstanding????

I hope his "oil rich" country at least pays the cost of scrambling the F-16s.

And take away his diplomatic status for being a MORON.

This happens all the time with people who have "diplomatic immunity." In New York City, members of the United Nations can park their cars where ever they want without fear of getting ticketed. I even believe that crimes have been committed by those with diplomatic immunity (such as rapes, etc.) and the alleged perpetrators are sent back to their home country without being subjected to the U.S. Court system.

DH had a neighbor kid growning up that had diplomatic immunity. He said that the kid and his brother where like the worse kids in the neighborhood. Always geting in trouble because they knew that LE couldnt do anything.

I don't care who you are, no one should be immune from prosecution and smokey should be made an example of and go to the slammer for a couple days.
    Cindi Lou

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast