1208 users online (198 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Convicted child molester/Michael Cole Sr. runs for mayor of Levasy

Folks, I almost didn't believe this when a friend sent it to me. But it's too late for April Fools tricks. Thank heavens Cole did not win but a whopping 11 people voted for him. Makes me want to some quick checking into every one who did. I'm also a little concerned about the statement by the young lady who considers herself "like a daughter". I'm not so sure that's a good thing with Mr. Cole. Is everyone as shocked as I am that a man with a conviction like this can even run for mayor. Make sure to read the 20 plus comments which follow. (He was framed by the 11 year old.)

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-levasy-ma...,3901378.story

Convicted Child Molester to Run for Mayor in Missouri Town

"When a small town resident decided to run for mayor, he knew he'd have to put it all on the table, including a 2004 conviction for child molestation.

The town of Levasy, Mo., in Jackson County, is about 20 minutes east of Independence. On Tuesday, voters will decide on a Mayor. But on Monday night one of the candidates says his opponent's supporters are up to something fishy.

"I don't want someone like that in a leadership role in my community," Levasy resident GO said.

That someone is Michael Cole, Sr.

"He's open and honest about everything," said SB, whom Cole considers a daughter. "If people have questions, he'll answer them....."

more at link

what the heck......

i guess 11 people thought he was 'micheal cole' the smackdown annoucer on wwe wrestling?

he only pled guilty cause he ran out of money.

what utter nonsense. and this benson woman considers this guy her dad' and lets him around her children.

im sure we havent heard the last of this.......

kbl--I wish they had the guy confused with an announcer (I know I sure did LOL). Sadly, these are probably all these guy's cronies....and his "special girl". Yuck!!

Thank goodness, someone exposed this. Some interesting comments though. Sounds to me like someone needs to rework that city charter.

Just to be clear:

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/04/...vasy_mayor.php

Update: Eleven people in Levasy voted for registered sex offender Michael Cole Sr. for mayor. But it wasn't enough to beat Phyllis Dieckmann, who won the race with 38 votes.

Michael Cole Sr. is on Missouri's sex-offender registry. Cole is also running for mayor of Levasy against incumbent Phyllis Dieckmann.

The sex-offender registry says the 58-year-old Cole was convicted of first-degree child molestation of an 11-year-old girl in 2004."

I didn't put RSO in the title because I hadn't seen it before. So if he would have won, children under 18 would have been barred from city council meetings, I guess. Nice.

Can we do a head count? Can those 11 fine citizens who voted for Mr. Cole please raise their hands? Do the math--about 1 out of every four voters voted for the man. That's scary.

This should be a wake-up call for ALL Cities to change the RULES... Here in my community a well known-still in office Congressman was accused of this crime from his granddaughter.... I lean he is guilty, but he was found Not Guilty..

my cousin was a victim of abuse from the age of 5...and my Aunt never believed her...because this man was her bread and butter...

What a sad World we live in and it is only getting worse.

CHANGE THE RULES

I thought convicted people could not VOTE...so how could he be able to run a city

If he was convicted in 2004, why is he running for mayor in 2010? Shouldn't he still be in JAIL!!! Unbelievable