GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

Seifert79

Reaction score
"Survivor" Producer's Wife Reported Missing in Cancun

By OLSEN EBRIGHT

Updated 5:57 PM PDT, Wed, Apr 7, 2010

A Los Angeles woman has been reported missing in Cancun, Mexico.

Monica Beresford-Redman was on vacation with her family, staying at the Moon Palace Hotel in Cancun. She told her husband, "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman, that she planned to spend Monday shopping. She never returned to the hotel, says her sister Jeane Burgos. "I really have no clue whatsoever what happened," said her sister, who joined the family in Mexico to assist in the search.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department confirmed that a missing persons report was filed in Los Angeles. Detectives said they will now contact the U.S. State Department and the embassy in Cancun to make them aware of the case.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Wife-Reported-Missing-in-Cancun-90110627.html

http://cbs2.com/local/Survivor.Producers.Wife.2.1619025.html
'snipped'
Family members said she was at the Moon Palace Hotel in Cancun with her husband, award-winning "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman and their two children.

She left Monday to go shopping but never returned.

"They don't have many cameras because they didn't see her on the cameras. So we're really lost. It's like a really big mystery," said Burgos.

Burgos said Mexican police have finally started to investigate.

She said her sister left her cell phone and passport in the room but her credit cards are missing.

Beresford Redman owns a Zamumba Restaurant and Bar on Venice Boulevard and is considered a prominent member of the Brazilian community in Los Angeles.

Marcelo Gomez has been friends with Beresford Redman for nearly 20 years, even featuring her in a Brazilian magazine.
..more at link..

Odd that she didn't take her cell with her... but if she is in an area where an American serviced cell is useless, I would understand not carrying it with her when she went out. I do understand her not taking her passport (even though it is always in ones best interest, in a foreign country, to keep it on you when you are out and about), I always lock mine up when I travel, for fear of losing it.

Given that she is a well-off business lady and tied to a tv producer, the first thing that goes through my mind: it's Mexico... kidnappings are rampant there... her monetary status would probably make her a kidnapping target.

Did she leave in a cab? Walk? If the hotel has video cams, do they have her on camera?

Very scary......even though the Quintana Roo state of Mexico is more tourist friendly, safer, this still could have been a set up/kidnapping

I think they say there were not many security cams so who knows?

Was she wearing jewelry/designer clothes??? This could have been a spur of the moment robbery gone wrong : what did she have on her that would attract robbers?

or..it could be even more planned.....her husband is rich, she is rich....kidnappers could have targeted her .....I would really search out those connected to the hotel, those who knew she was there

it also (speculation) could be some combo of kidnapping by people who know her from LA, maybe Brazilians who may want this to look like Mexicans...or maybe even working with them?

what about the cab?? Cabs in Cozumel and Cancun are licensed and the fares are regulated...was this a legit cab??

and finally....I hate to say it, but I would look closely at the hotel, at anyone associated with the trip, who knew this family was there?? I have a "feel" this was a set up

JMO of course (much speculation here by me)

I guess she may have felt comfortable going off shopping by herself. Not something I would do down there.

looks like we all jumped on the info at the same time and posted. Sad outcome for the case... :(

SuziQ : I just read this also.

snippets....
http://newsolio.com/bruce-beresford-redman-survivor-producer-accused-of-killing-wife-monica,11255
CANCUN, Mexico- A producer of the hit reality TV series Survivor, Bruce Beresford-Redman, is accused of murdering his wife by Mexican authorities.
Police in Cancun, Mexico say Bruce Beresford-Redman strangled his wife Monica Beresford-Redman to death in the resort city popular with American tourists.
Bruce Beresfor-Redman was a producer with Mark Burnett on Survivor and was also Executive Producer for hit MTV networks show, “Pimp My Ride.”

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...fe-found-dead-in-cancun-mexico_100345237.html

Beresford-Redman, 42, originally from Brazil, was reported missing on Monday at around 10 a.m. local time, but she was found dead Thursday morning in the tanker of the Hotel Moon Palace where she was staying with her husband, Bruce Beresford-Redman and their two children.
Brucer Beresford-Redman is currently the principal suspect of his wife’s death and is currently under investigation because witnesses statements do not concur with her reported missing date.
Hotel employees stated to have witnessed the couple arguing Monday night, and that Bruce Beresford-Redman threatened to hit his wife. In addition, he presents scratches on his body, Bello Melchor Rodriguez y Carrillo, local state prosecutor said.

More at : Monica Beresford-Redman: “Survivor” TV series producer’s wife found dead in Cancun, Mexico http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/monica-beresford-redman-survivor-tv-series-producers-wife-found-dead-in-cancun-mexico_100345237.html#ixzz0kWx8JbIn

///more at links/////

One article stated she was found dead in a cistern at the hotel.

Well I'm glad y'all posted all the various links cause WS is very slow and it would have taken me forever!

monica_beresford_redman040810.jpg

Gone too Soon. RIP Monica

A top Hollywood producer was arrested in Cancun on Thursday after his wife was found dead, the Associated Press and Mexican media are reporting.

"Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman told police his wife, Monica Beresford-Redman, vanished on Monday from the luxurious Moon Palace Hotel where they staying.

The woman’s family filed a missing person’s report with the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, said Det. Diane Harris.

“They believed it had something to do with foul play,” Harris said.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...redman-dead-bruce-beresfordredman-cancun.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back