Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    If it were here in the US, the few additional questions would be "do you understand your rights as I've read them to you?". Actually though, that probably would've been right after her body was found. MOO
    I'm so new at this, I'm wondering where I would begin to look, to find out how the justice system works in Mexico? Exactly what rights a U.S. citizen would have (or not have)....etc?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartstringer For This Useful Post:

It sounds as though he bought his way out of it. Mexico is the land of "mordida" which is the impediment to its going forward.

What a joke the Mexican justice system is.

May he never set foot in a free country again!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patticake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patticake View Post
    It sounds as though he bought his way out of it. Mexico is the land of "mordida" which is the impediment to its going forward.

What a joke the Mexican justice system is.

May he never set foot in a free country again!

Actually I do not understand why because of this that some believe the Mexican justice system is a joke. I know they have been waiting on forensic tests, etc. It is possible they just received them and were getting ready to arrest him - please note that this is just speculation on my part.

None of us know yet what the deal is that all of a sudden the US consulate has no idea where Bruce it at. As far as I have read on this case, he was released to the US consulates while they await for forensics to be completed. Yes Mexico officials confiscated his passport and told him he is not to leave the country. I do not think this is much different of what we see in the US regarding cases where someone is suspected but they are waiting results to come in, etc. to make their move to make an arrest.

Now does not seem to be the time to point fingers at Mexico or the US. But my thought is if he is innocent why did he pull this? Hmm, GUILTY is written all over that one!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandangel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heartstringer View Post
    I'm so new at this, I'm wondering where I would begin to look, to find out how the justice system works in Mexico? Exactly what rights a U.S. citizen would have (or not have)....etc?
    It would be something similar to the Natalie Holloway or Amanda Knox cases.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natal For This Useful Post:

'Survivor' Producer Back in U.S.
    Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned Bruce Beresford-Redman -- the former "Survivor" producer who was not allowed to leave Mexico during the investigation into his wife's murder -- has returned to Los Angeles.

Richard Hirsch, Beresford-Redman's lawyer, tells TMZ that Mexican officials allowed his client to leave the country. As Hirsch puts it, "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending an investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica."

More at link

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/23/bruce-...rvivor-murder/

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

C L E A R L Y HOUSTON, we have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    'Survivor' Producer Back in U.S.
    Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned Bruce Beresford-Redman -- the former "Survivor" producer who was not allowed to leave Mexico during the investigation into his wife's murder -- has returned to Los Angeles.

Richard Hirsch, Beresford-Redman's lawyer, tells TMZ that Mexican officials allowed his client to leave the country. As Hirsch puts it, "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending an investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica."

More at link

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/23/bruce-...rvivor-murder/
    I am totally confused! Didn't Mexican LE confiscate his passport? And who informed him he has "no legal obligation to remain in Mexico" since Mexican LE is currently looking for him for further questioning? MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    omg he's gonna get away with it isn't he?

ack

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Another article with basically the same information ~

Former 'Survivor' producer leaves Mexico

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman has returned to the United States despite a request by Mexican authorities that he remain in Mexico while they probe the death of his wife, his lawyer said.
    "Bruce Beresford-Redman has returned to Los Angeles County to be with his children and to attend to family and personal matters," attorney Richard Hirsch told CNN Sunday.
    Beresford-Redman was briefly detained after Monica Beresford-Redman's body was found in a sewer near their Cancun, Mexico hotel on April 8. He was released a day later but ordered to remain in Mexico while police gathered more evidence.
    "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending the investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica," Hirsch said.
    The Mexican prosecutor handling the case said on Saturday that he has been unable to locate the husband in the past week to "sign some paperwork and answer a few additional questions," the Los Angeles Times reported.
    Quintana Roo Attorney General Francisco Alor said it "would be very delicate and serious for Mr. Bruce" to leave Mexico, the newspaper reported.
    "Mr. Beresford-Redman has not been charged with any crime," his lawyer said. "He is devastated by the loss of his wife, best friend and the mother of his children."
    Mexican authorities have described the producer as "a person of interest" in the killing.

more at http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/23/...oducer/?hpt=T1
    Rest in Peace

Outrageous!

How did he leave without a passport?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Patticake For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    omg he's gonna get away with it isn't he?

ack

Yep, he is!
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patticake View Post
    Outrageous!

How did he leave without a passport?

A US citizen doesnt require a passport to enter the US.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Natal View Post
    A US citizen doesnt require a passport to enter the US.
    Then why did Mexico even bother to take it from him?
    Rest in Peace

25. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I am totally confused! Didn't Mexican LE confiscate his passport? And who informed him he has "no legal obligation to remain in Mexico" since Mexican LE is currently looking for him for further questioning? MOO
    It is obvious to me that the game is being played - he said, she said, they said.

My guess is that his attorney is lying about that the mexican authorities let him go.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandangel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sandangel View Post
    It is obvious to me that the game is being played - he said, she said, they said.

My guess is that his attorney is lying about that the mexican authorities let him go.
    If the Mexican authorities should at some time in the future charge him in Monica's death, what would be the procedure to get him back to Mexico or can they? MOO
    Rest in Peace

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast