New allegations: Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
New allegations are surfacing that Anthony attorney Jose Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to his client.
April 8, 2010
<snipped>

In her letters, Casey Anthony wrote, "My attorney is keeping tabs on my family for me, and exchanging letters between us.

" In another letter, Anthony claims her attorney is trying to "smuggle" in some word search puzzles.

Outside the attorney's entrance at the jail, a sign clearly states that "Attorneys are not authorized to convey to an inmate any written communication of a personal nature."
Baez has declined comment since the letters were released.

More at Article link: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23085002/detail.html

Note, BeanE and AZlawyer were kind enough to search for older articles where the Anthony's make claims of Baez getting letters to them. So, IMO this part of Casey's letter is true about Baez.

Posted by BeanE
I was just going back through one of the threads about Cindy's state depos. It's in there because people are discussing it in the thread. Haven't found it in the doc yet, but I did find these:

Brad admitted CA/GA communicating via letters delivered by Baez here June 22, 2009:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

And here September 1, 2009:

Lee admits here August 3, 2008:

There's also a jailhouse visit where they talk about letter exchanging via Baez. I think it's one of Lee and KC's visits.

Here's the thread I'm gandering through:

Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
BeanE
Posted by AZlawyer

August 3, 2008

1:17:25 p.m. Lee text message to Cindy: &#8220;do u guys need me at the house prior to tonights vigil at 830? I was planning on being a little early. BTW &#8211; we should not speak of any letters from Casey.&#8221;

1:45:39 p.m. Lee text message to Cindy: &#8220;Jose has individual messages to us from Casey that he wants to give to us tonight after the vigil. Would u guys be up for going to his office?&#8221;

Will this alleged activity by Baez become an issue for the Judge? Can Baez get in trouble for all this? Here's hoping!

the cynical part of me asks why she wants correspendence with her molesting father/brother and enabling mother who bought the cholorform?

These aren't new allegations though I don't think. IIRC in Cindy's state depo it was admitted that Baez passed letters KC <> family. I want to say it was Brad who made the actual statement, but I'd have to look it up to confirm.

Anybody else remember this?

I didn't see a thread started on these new allegations, if one was already started mod's please move as needed.

I find this to be very telling if Baez has to turn over his laptop if the SA request it. So much can be learned by the emails that Cindy and Casey exchanged IMO.

Baez does not care what rules he breaks, as long as he is not barred from practicing law IMO. Why would someone do the things he does? Why risk his career over a client?

IMO, because he can. It seems that now a days Lawyers get away with so much. Regardless of how many "Bar" complaints are filed, and Baez has had his share and has not be penalized for anything. The "Bar" found no grounds to any of the past claims and the cases were closed.

The letter-passing, email passing, and bringing in contraband by Jose was definitely a no-no and he knew it and continued to do so! , He could definitely get in trouble for it per the law. But will he? He didn't get in trouble in the past.

I would like to know where this will go with the Anthony family lying under oath regarding their contact with Casey. Most likely, there will be no perjury-obstruction charges against them either and that to is something I don't understand.
I hope the SA can get their hands on those letters and or emails, and have the judge grant a motion for Jose to turn over his lap top as well. Casey did mention that Cindy emailed Jose and he would pass on the email to Casey in jail.
Also, remember Lee at Caylee's memorial with the "CMA" I will keep my promise to you...blah blah...I now feel even stronger that Lee was talking to Casey knowing that Baez would deliver the message. I would like to know what promise Lee made to Casey.

Again, This is a Big No NO Baez and I hope you get more than a slap on the hand! I hope all gets exposed!! I really wonder what all Cindy had to say to Casey..did she admit knowing Caylee was no longer alive and so fourth...
:praying: Lord, I pray the SA files a motion requesting the information off of Baez's computer! That would be another Bombshell of the many that are still out there IMO.

When I read the letters I was surprised, because Baez is her attorney and is talking to her about love and how someday she will find it. Seems like these two are to close than a attorney client relationship should be. She go's on about having crushes and the dimples. Sounds like client is manipulating attorney. And he is falling for it. Casey even said he guaranteed she would find love. I thought the same thing when I read those letters that he could possibly end up in trouble.

JB has already made a mockery out of the legal profession, how much longer is he going to be allowed to keep doing so? At what point will the line be drawn?

Couldn't this also be used for kc to appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel?

I am SOOOOO glad to see that media finally starting mentioning KC's remarks about the letters being brought back and forth by JB. He fought hard to get to take his laptop in to his meetings and I guess we know why now. He should be punished but I have the feeling he will not. I am not sure if the SA could force him to turn over his laptop because he would claim the laptop contains attorney/client privilege documents. Even if he did not have his laptop he could still bring in letters and emails from her family to her in his files and her act like she was reading documents just like she did in court last week when she was looking through that file on the desk.

Would Conway get in trouble for knowing about the letter smugglin'?

Baez has always struck me as an unprofessional, unprepared, pompous and attention-seeking individual (I don't want to call him a supposedly bar-certified lawyer). In other words: a bottom feeder with loose morals and dollar signs in his eyes. I hope the FLA bar doesn't let this slippery eel get away with it! :banghead:

I am SOOOOO glad to see that media finally starting mentioning KC's remarks about the letters being brought back and forth by JB. He fought hard to get to take his laptop in to his meetings and I guess we know why now. He should be punished but I have the feeling he will not. I am not sure if the SA could force him to turn over his laptop because he would claim the laptop contains attorney/client privilege documents. Even if he did not have his laptop he could still bring in letters and emails from her family to her in his files and her act like she was reading documents just like she did in court last week when she was looking through that file on the desk.

I have the same question. Here is the thing though...he brought in a third party into this. It was Cindy's emails to Casey, and Casey's to Cindy I would assume., so how would that fit into attorney/client privilege? I would think it would not, but I am no legal expert. Hoping though that this will all come out. I want to know so bad what Cindy wrote to Casey..did she know Caylee had passed and when, did she know of Caylee's location, did she mention about DC searching the woods and why, and so much more could be learned from those letters. If there was nothing to hide Cindy would of just mailed them like other parents do IMO.

Man, at the ACJ or Allegheny County Jail (me alma mater of sorts), lawyers get searched thoroughly and so do the prisoners after the visit. PLUS you can't take books back to your cell from the library. You can only read them during your time there. Finally, PC don't go. It sure sounds like Orange County tries to model itself on the 'upstate's' procedures. It amazes me that he did it in the first place. Some lawyers here faced criminal charges for bringing smokes in. I have been discussing the case with friends on the inside who I still write. I can't wait for their takes on Baez' apparent invincibility as far as jail house rules go.

I don't think he will get so much as a slap on the wrist. These latest revelations in Casey's letters regarding Bozo's conduct will probably never be acknowledged in court, by the judge or the SA.

I believe someone should hold him accountable for lying UNDER OATH in regards to WHO ABC gave that money to. This is not the first time Bozo has lied, and won't be his last. I am really beginning to despise defense attorneys. I wonder how this group sleeps at night.

LE has known about these letters from the beginning of this case when they got the text messages from Lee's phone.....I remember there being a text message to CA from Lee, telling her to get with Baez after the vigil tonight, as he has a letter for her from KC.....JB should have been called on this way before now.....MO

If there is a problem with ANY court regarding this behavior, may they do something about it now! The chance of this case ever being able to come up on appeal infuriates me.

what I dont understand is why bother doing this? why not use the mail system? ok ok the CA's are nutters but why would JB put his own butt on the line when they could just use mail which was NOT subject to sunshine laws?

These aren't new allegations though I don't think. IIRC in Cindy's state depo it was admitted that Baez passed letters KC <> family. I want to say it was Brad who made the actual statement, but I'd have to look it up to confirm.

Anybody else remember this?

I don't know...when I read in the letters I seemed to recall someone denying it. I thought it was CA so I went back to the State transcripts. I didn't reread them all but I used the index for the words letters, notes, and Baez. I didn't see it come up in CAs or LAs but in GA's he denied knowledge of any letters. Yet KC talks about how boring his letters are...same thing over and over. So perhaps GA will get in trouble for perjury as well?

I could be wrong about CA..like I said I didn't reread the whole thing.

what I dont understand is why bother doing this? why not use the mail system? ok ok the CA's are nutters but why would JB put his own butt on the line when they could just use mail which was NOT subject to sunshine laws?

Maybe he just wanted KC to have the privacy she deserved (her words, not mine). Maybe he could not trust KC's letter writing. Maybe if he was considering a book deal the letters would be invaluable to him to describe what was going on between the Princess and her Court. jmo

P.S. - Did KC lie to the judge when he asked her if she had plans for a book deal?????

BBM

he would do it because he and kc believe they're smarter and above everyone else. and i believe for the thrill of getting away with something. or so they think.

I don't know...when I read in the letters I seemed to recall someone denying it. I thought it was CA so I went back to the State transcripts. I didn't reread them all but I used the index for the words letters, notes, and Baez. I didn't see it come up in CAs or LAs but in GA's he denied knowledge of any letters. Yet KC talks about how boring his letters are...same thing over and over. So perhaps GA will get in trouble for perjury as well?

I could be wrong about CA..like I said I didn't reread the whole thing.

I was just going back through one of the threads about Cindy's state depos. It's in there because people are discussing it in the thread. Haven't found it in the doc yet, but I did find these:

Brad admitted CA/GA communicating via letters delivered by Baez here June 22, 2009:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4309015&postcount=337"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items[/ame]

And here September 1, 2009:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4309042&postcount=338"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items[/ame]

Lee admits here August 3, 2008:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4307201&postcount=296"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items[/ame]

There's also a jailhouse visit where they talk about letter exchanging via Baez. I think it's one of Lee and KC's visits.

Here's the thread I'm gandering through:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90342"]Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member