1404 users online (296 members and 1108 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.04.07 - Misty Complains Of Treatment In Jail

Cummings said she is upset she has to stay in confinement away from other inmates. She also complained about the food.<snipped>

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23083375/detail.html

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    You would think she might want to stay away from the other inmates considering she is a celebrity and all now. Maybe she can find a nice pen pal like Casey did.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I'm sorry, but stuff like this angers me.
    She wrote the governor a letter because of her treatment in jail? She doesn't like the food or the confinement. Wow, really?
    I have an idea.....

How about: don't commit a crime!? How about: selling drugs is against the law!

What a shocker!

Gov. Christ had better not take any action on this letter. Florida needs helps and instead of helping the people of Florida he's gonna be wasting his time on an 18yr old who can't be bothered to tell the truth? If she was a tax paying citizen, then she afforded to right to complain. But when she's gotten nothing but a free ride her entire life, I don't think so.

Jail is supposed to suck. That's the point. No one leaves jail and says "That was the best time ever!". Gah!!!!!!

watchinginky is offline Please let today be the day they find HaLeigh
    She should think about HALEIGH before she opens her mouth about herself.

I hope the same for her as I do for KC regarding Caylee....that HaLeigh haunts her for the rest of her days on earth and that she never has a moments peace for not telling what she knows about Haleigh.

Jail isn't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be for PUNISHMENT and I hope she spends a very long time in there.
    Last edited by watchinginky; 04-08-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added more text

"Stop acting like a two-year old".
    Jose Baez to Casey Anthony during jury selection

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    It's an oxymoron, to be sure, that "Misty of the Trailer Parks" believes that she should be treated like "A Little Princess". This girl is beyond belief in her sense of entitlement! jmo

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    It's an oxymoron, to be sure, that "Misty of the Trailer Parks" believes that she should be treated like "A Little Princess". This girl is beyond belief in her sense of entitlement! jmo
    Hi there BetteDavisEyes...welcome! Nice first post.....dive in! : )
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Thank you for joining us!!!

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Thank you for the welcome. I've been reading WS for years but never felt that I had the time to do the amount of the reading/research, video-viewing, document-deciphering, etc. that many of you do. I have truly appreciated the time and effort that many of you have expended and willingly shared with those of us on the outside.

Angry

I am not surprised at all by this. It's all about "ME...ME..ME...ME" with Misty. Well, what about Haleigh Misty? Let's write the Gov. about Haleigh and how she must be feeling right now! I will stop now before I get a T/O.

Gov. Charlie Crist’s office is unaware of letter from former babysitter for Haleigh Cummings, who vanished a year ago in Putnam County.

2:19 p.m. EDT, April 8, 2010
    "Snip" http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1674932.story

Misty Croslin says she wrote letters to Gov. Charlie Crist and others about conditions at the St. Johns County Jail.

New video was released recently of Croslin meeting with relatives. In it, she complains about jail food and about being segregated from other inmates.

"We wrote to the governor, we wrote to sheriff, we wrote to everybody…" Croslin said while talking to her father, according to the news Web site.

To read the story, click here. http://www.news4jax.com/news/23083375/detail.html

Tommy told Lindsy he didn't think Misty could cope with being in jail and I believe he is right; Misty is having a serious meltdown in there but it's not due to the inmates, it's due to harsh conditions LE have imposed on her. I don't think her lawyer is doing enough to help her and LE is having a field day with her. I feel Fields should have addressed the ridiculously high bond and segregation issues by now and it appears he hasn't and Misty is taking matters into her own hands by writing the Governor. Maybe Misty should ask the Court to appoint a PD for her and let Fields go.

What did LE want Misty to do that she didn't think was necessary when they sent for her? You'd think by now Misty would know she doesn't have to speak to LE without her attorney present and would exercise the rights she does have; but I suppose because she is so desperate to get out of jail, she is willing to cooperate with LE in the hopes they will cut her some slack.

When Hank Sr began to speak about Tommy and the possibility he was involved with HaLeigh’s disappearance, Misty immediately goes silent or changes the subject. She refused to talk about Tommy but was willing to discuss the possibility cousin joe may be involved. Jail is a bitter pill for misty to swallow. She believes Joe is being shown preferential treatment by LE because he is selling marijuana and not locked up too. Misty said she hadn't spoken to Joe since he left Satsuma, so how does she know for a fact he is selling drugs?

Did Misty steal Tommy’s phone time? Didn’t Hank say during their conversation that he needed to reserve 10 minutes phone time for Tommy? Her father asked twice how much time was left on the phone, and she lied to him both times.

They also discussed the possibility Ronald was an informant for LE in the past because he was allowed to "slip through the cracks" when he was charged for drug possession.
    Last edited by Crosby87; 04-08-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add a comment

Thank you for the welcome. I've been reading WS for years but never felt that I had the time to do the amount of the reading/research, video-viewing, document-deciphering, etc. that many of you do. I have truly appreciated the time and effort that many of you have expended and willingly shared with those of us on the outside.

lol....I used to think that too, it is amazing the stuff we seem to work into our day!

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    I am not surprised at all by this. It's all about "ME...ME..ME...ME" with Misty. Well, what about Haleigh Misty? Let's write the Gov. about Haleigh and how she must be feeling right now! I will stop now before I get a T/O.
    the thing that would stand out here is that Misty herself has said she can't spell or write....can't remember where or when I heard/saw it but she has stated it....so the governer may be having to have it translated.....
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    Tommy told Lindsy he didn't think Misty could cope with being in jail and I believe he is right; Misty is having a serious meltdown in there but it's not due to the inmates, it's due to harsh conditions LE have imposed on her. I don't think her lawyer is doing enough to help her and LE is having a field day with her. I feel Fields should have addressed the ridiculously high bond and segregation issues by now and it appears he hasn't and Misty is taking matters into her own hands by writing the Governor. Maybe Misty should ask the Court to appoint a PD for her and let Fields go.

What did LE want Misty to do that she didn't think was necessary when they sent for her? You'd think by now Misty would know she doesn't have to speak to LE without her attorney present and exercise the few rights she has; but I suppose because she is so desperate to get out of jail, she is willing to cooperate with LE in the hopes they will cut her some slack.

When Hank Sr began to speak about Tommy and the possibility he was involved with HaLeigh’s disappearance, Misty immediately goes silent or changes the subject. She refused to talk about Tommy but was willing to discuss the possibility cousin joe may be involved. Jail is a bitter pill for misty to swallow. She believes Joe is being shown preferential treatment by LE because he is selling marijuana and not locked up too.

Did Misty steal Tommy’s phone time? Didn’t Hank say during their conversation that he needed to reserve 10 minutes phone time for Tommy? Her father asked twice how much time was left on the phone, and she lied to him both times.

They also discussed the possibility Ronald was an informant for LE in the past because he was allowed to "slip through the cracks" when he was charged for drug possession.

Bold by me....good catch, I never picked up on that one!

She needs to get over herself !!!

At least she has three square meals a day, a place to lay her head out of the elements, a place to take a dump, shower, shave, watch tv, recieve medical care and dental !!! All for FREE !!!

That is more then millions of americans have .... cry me a river Misty !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Harsh conditions? Really? She's not a summer camp. She's in jail and more than likely going to prison. She's comitted more than one major offence. She's likely to skip if she would ever get bonded out, she's not cooperating with LE, she's segregated for punishment as much as she is for her own safety...especially with the majority of people thinking she's a"baby killer" or at least an accomplice to a baby killer. Those kind of people don't exactly skate by in prison, do they.

If Joe is selling pot and he hasn't been caught (on tape multiple times selling and buying from undercover cops), then that's not exactly preferential treatment. Are the penalties for selling oxy worse than selling pot?

She doesn't like the food. boo hoo. It isn't like she's been getting bread and water, you know.

They're not waterboarding her, they're not beating her, they're not making her do naked cheerleader pyramids, they're not putting a black bag over her head, they don't have dogs attacking her...

I don't feel one bit sorry for her. Even if it is proven she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disapperance/kidnapping/murder, she's still a criminal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast