Very little girl yellow sweater

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
With a heavy heart I post this thread.

This little girl my heart breaks for. If we can't find women when we have 100 clues how can anyone figure out who this child is?

MPO this little girl has on a sweater/dress way too big for her. The arm holes are too big. Unlike the little girl with her eyes closed it seems this little girl wasn't immediately taken care of. No less loved, but her hair is unkempt. Maybe God forbid Alcala had her and didn't take care of such things?

I see and this is me......I see a bruise on her mouth left hand side. Both bottom and top going up to her lip. Obviously she has a band aid on her little finger which is trying to keep her hair out of her face. Her other hand? This photo is cropped.

Knowing Alcala slapped Robin so hard in the car he chipped some of her tetth it just makes me think maybe he slapped this child on her mouth to quiet her? I hope not. I see nothing innocent here. I see a child that looks not afraid, but almost dazed. She has bags under her eyes like she hasn't slept, and was maybe crying.

Who are you little girl? Please be alive and safe.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00263.jpg

Obviously at some stage someone cared enough for her to put a bandaid on a boo-boo.

I wouldn't automatically assume it is 100% likely that she wasn't cared for just because she is wearing baggy clothes. Some kids who are on the autism spectrum (even if only mildly) have sensory issues and can't stand some types of physical sensations at various points on their body, such as neckline or underarms or waist. It can be very difficult to dress such a child in a socially acceptable manner, and often parents end up washing the same set of clothes every night. Of course searching for missing autistic kids from the 60's and 70's is unlikely to bring much joy, because back then there was less understanding amongst doctors, teachers etc about it being a spectrum of diagnoses that could include rather mild cases.

If she was a little autistic that might explain her curiously detatched expression despite all the apparent bruising on her face?

And she appears to be wearing that horrid lilac eyeshadow so many of Alcala's photos feature, as well as having some bruising.

Here's the picture.
00263.jpg

Was Alcala ever known to take off his victim's clothes and dress them up in outfits of his own choosing?

I wouldn't necessarily take her clothes as evidence of her being uncared for. The hem is a good length and neckhole isn't huge. The seam of the neckline looks a bit uneven and the shirt might be handsewn. Possibly a hand-me-down from her siblings and got a bit baggy for lots of wearing. Maybe a gift that wasn't a perfect fit to begin with. Sometimes parents and grandparents buy clothes for their children without the child being there to try it on first and it might not always be a perfect fit. Lots of possibilities. The hair is windblown but depending on the weather and the location it might not be a miracle.

However, I worry about her face, the apparent bruising. It looks like she could be in about to get a black eye too.

How old do you take her for?

Can I just mention that I'm not sure that's bruising you're seeing, but rather a child who's a bit dirty? She looks like a rough-and-tumble one (like I was), and she is none too clean elsewhere...so I'm thinking she just got some dirt on her face (if I'm seeing the same spot you're looking at). And she does look like she needs a good nap, but sometimes, it's hard to bring in a child for one when the play is good.

I am thinking she's about 4-5...

Best-
Herding Cats

Can I just mention that I'm not sure that's bruising you're seeing, but rather a child who's a bit dirty? She looks like a rough-and-tumble one (like I was), and she is none too clean elsewhere...so I'm thinking she just got some dirt on her face (if I'm seeing the same spot you're looking at). And she does look like she needs a good nap, but sometimes, it's hard to bring in a child for one when the play is good.

I am thinking she's about 4-5...

Best-
Herding Cats

Agreed. This may well have been her play clothes. Something her parents weren't worried about getting dirty or worn. The bruises might be from play, not anything Alcala did. I think she might be a year or 2 older, but I'm no great judge of child ages.

I'm thinking this might be a little boy. Long hair on boys was very popular in 60's and early 70's.

Is that a hint of green shorts/pants/bottoms I see?

My take on this picture (I have three children):

Child is playing outside and has a dirty face. Children tend to get dirty around the mouth area. Saliva and dirt--you get the picture.

Child is wearing light-green shorts/pants.

Shirt may be a hand-me-down, therefore a bit too big. My children have plenty of those.

This could be a girl or a boy.

The position of the child's left hand bothers me. One thought, maybe this is a boy that is urinating? My son has been known to do this outside. :blushing:

I posted before that I think that this child looks like missing child Kurt Newton:
http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster147.htm

However, I'm not convinced the yellow-shirted child is a boy...the way the child is holding its hand to brush away hair is very feminine to me.

I see a child who reminds me of myself as a kid: a bit grubby, wearing playclothes, face dirty from some recent snack. I don't see the bruises others have mentioned. It looks like a kid caught playing outside.

The comment about the placement of the child's hand, as if it is a boy urinating, made me feel compelled to post Kurt's poster again.

I think the nose looks similar..

I posted before that I think that this child looks like missing child Kurt Newton:

However, I'm not convinced the yellow-shirted child is a boy...the way the child is holding its hand to brush away hair is very feminine to me.

I see a child who reminds me of myself as a kid: a bit grubby, wearing playclothes, face dirty from some recent snack. I don't see the bruises others have mentioned. It looks like a kid caught playing outside.

The comment about the placement of the child's hand, as if it is a boy urinating, made me feel compelled to post Kurt's poster again.

His missing date doesn't fit the timeline for Alcala, due to incarceration.

If I remember correctly, that "horrid" lilac eyeshadow was in style in about 1973-74. She seems a bit young to be wearing eye shadow, though.

Her face looks young but that hand looks more like a second-grader's. Body shake is more like a five-year-old.

The clothes don't strike me as unusual -- play clothes, as somebody has pointed out. She looks like she might be tall and thin for her age, which might mean clothes that fit her lengthwise are too wide through the shoulders. My daughter had that problem when she was little.

I don't see bruises. Looks more like the remains of a chocolate ice cream bar. What I do notice that's odd is some kind of line on her cheek, along the cheekbone, on both sides. Like she's been wearing goggles for something?

His missing date doesn't fit the timeline for Alcala, due to incarceration.

Correct about the time line, however, for Kurt's sake, we should consider all possibilities. I think the pictures look a whole lot alike. The nose and lips to me are right on, just younger. The person (boy/girl) looks to me to be a least 5 maybe six YOA. If Kurt went missing when he was four, how do we know what he looked like when he was five or six?
I see something a little different about his right earlobe though, anyone else? A bit larger than normal? If we blow up the long haired picture can we see the earlobe? And then, if it could be Kurt, is that why someone let his hair grow, to cover the ear? Just thinkin' out loud.

This is probably way off in left field, but is this a childhood picture of the girl in the orange chair?

Attachments

• user48524_pic10015_1270841962.jpg
    user48524_pic10015_1270841962.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 47
  • face-blonde-orange-chair.jpg
    face-blonde-orange-chair.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 45
The placement of the hand bothers me too.

I also see slight discoloration near her/his left arm not too far from the wrist.

Firstly I want to say I in no way meant this little child was not loved. "Cared for" was the wrong choice of words. I'm a mother myself. I posted this immediately after looking at the little girl with her mouth open and eyes closed. I also thought if Alcala kept a child for a significant time he obviously wouldn't comb his or her hair or wash their face.

I took into consideration how kids faces get dirty playing. I was a kid myself. I took into consideration ice cream or candy. Why then is it only on one side of the child's mouth? If you look you can see something is also off with this baby dolls chin. Swollen. Again, after hearing how he hit Robin in the car in the mouth it made me think of this.

Child in the passenger seat. Her face would be the left side to the driver. Driver wants to shut the child up he backhands her. That would leave a bruise on your mouth up into your nose. I got backhanded enough as a kid to know where it hurts. Better known as "a smack in the mouth" by my mom. It's always to one side and ya get clipped clear up to the bottom of your nose.

Also I think the green and this is just me the green is the grass behind the child. Unfortunately I don't think this baby has on any bottoms. It's an ugly, evil thing to even fathom, but this is a man that murdered and mutilated children. I pray this baby was not one of them and I am wrong.

BTW, there is a little girl in a cold case that I thought looked exactly like this child. The timeline don't fit though. Also the child had curly hair. Very curly. Agree that it could also be a little boy, but I am thinking no.

On blowing up the picture, I don't think it can be Kurt, his eyes are listed as blue, and I'm pretty sure the unidentified child has brown eyes.

Is that a hint of green shorts/pants/bottoms I see?

amandab, I do now see what you mean about the green shorts. I believe you are correct.

Meanwhile I spent hours last night looking at every missing person/child on so many sites and came up with nada. Maybe and I pray this is one of the people that has been identified as safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back