WA - Man arrested for assaulting infant daughter

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Two-month old daughter not expected to survive injuries

SPOKANE -- A Spokane man has been arrested on charges that he physically assaulted his two-month-old daughter.

Tyler Jamison was arrested Wednesday night and booked into the Spokane County Jail for 1st Degree Assault. His arrest comes two days after police were called to a local hospital to investigate the assault of his two-month old baby girl. The child is not expected to survive her injuries.

http://www.kxly.com/news/23092159/detail.html

The 18 year old sperm donor would get frustrated and pinch off Skyelynn's windpipe when she would cry. She had bruising over her body, and multiple broken ribs, plus a large subdural hematoma.

This poor little baby, Skyelynn, has been placed on a ventilator and is not expected to survive! :(

I just don't understand WTH is going on with young people these days!?!? :banghead:

Poor Skyelynn, I so wish someone had been there for you, baby girl.

IF you suspect abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult please call:

1-866-END-HARM

oh another tough guy......choke his baby to death :(

Two-month old daughter not expected to survive injuries

SPOKANE -- A Spokane man has been arrested on charges that he physically assaulted his two-month-old daughter.

Tyler Jamison was arrested Wednesday night and booked into the Spokane County Jail for 1st Degree Assault. His arrest comes two days after police were called to a local hospital to investigate the assault of his two-month old baby girl. The child is not expected to survive her injuries.

http://www.kxly.com/news/23092159/detail.html

The 18 year old sperm donor would get frustrated and pinch off Skykynn's windpipe when she would cry. She had bruising over her body, and multiple broken ribs, plus a large subdural hematoma.

This poor little baby, Skykynn, has been placed on a ventilator and is not expected to survive! :(

I just don't understand WTH is going on with young people these days!?!? :banghead:

Poor baby Skykynn, I so wish someone had been there for you, baby girl.

Bold is mine

IMO?

People walk on eggg shells around them their whole lives, afraid to "set 'em off"- anything it takes to "keep peace in the home" so they never learn how to control their anger. Usually they start getting angry and everything just falls right into place, everyone does what they want them to so their anger is avoided. Daddy has 0 coping skills and tons of anger built up but babies don't know how to walk on egg shells- like daddy, they want what they want when they want it.

jmo

God......another one.

I'm so sorry sweet baby. Who left you alone with this monster?

Injured Spokane baby now expected to survive

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Spokane police say a 2-month-old baby who had been critically injured is expected to survive now.

Doctors told detectives Monday that SkyeLynn Jamison has improved at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_injured_spokane_baby.html

I think I heard on local Spokane news that Skyelynn will probably have permanent brain damage. I pray she has a good quality of life. Poor little baby .... she should never have had to suffer like this!

:praying: for Skyelynn's complete recovery.

Here is a more detailed article from yesterday, April 12th:

Injured baby improving at Spokane hospital
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/apr/12/injured-baby-improviing-spokane-hospital/

ETA another link with a pic of adorable little Skyelynn:

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Spokane-baby-expected-to-survive-despite-horrible-abuse-90680754.html

How can anyone harm such a tiny, innocent and adorable human being?

What a beautiful precious angelbaby!!

I'm *not* a violent person but I really wanna slug this monster really hard right now. :furious: :furious:

So glad she is still alive...but on a ventilator and brain dead? OMG, this is tragic. :(

Her photo (which I presume is from before her abuse) tore me up. Keep fighting, little precious one.

So glad she is still alive...but on a ventilator and brain dead? OMG, this is tragic. :(

Her photo (which I presume is from before her abuse) tore me up. Keep fighting, little precious one.

if she's brain dead how is she 'improving?" :waitasec:

a ventilator you can come back from (josie, amanda) brain damage you can come back from to an extent.......brain dead is......dead :(

When is enough going to be enough? We, as a society, have rasied up an entire generation of little monsters. The ME ME generation I call them.

What do you get when you praise your child's every breath so that they can have high self esteem? When you give your children every material thing your parents knew better than to give you? When you take your child's side over their teachers who are trying to do your job of raising your kid because you don't want little Johnny to not like you? When you get so busy making excuses for their bad behavior rather than giving them consequences? When you let your child grow up thinking they DESERVE everything they want rather than EARN it?

The ME ME generation.

Here's a thought: How bout we teach our kids compassion, empathy, self respect, respect for others, a solid work ethic, ambition, help them learn to earn respect of others, etc.

Just sayin

if she is making noises that are not reflexes then the brain scan mentioned in the court documents must be wrong. you cant be brain dead one day and not 5 days later........

i think its kind of ironic to make the 'we dont discipline our kids enough' argument in a thread about a 2 month old choked half to death....people dont seem to think there is a middle ground (i.e grounding, taking away privelages) and use physical violence (i personally think even spanking is a humiliating degrading punishment).

i am not directing that at you tlcox, i just do find it ironic..

I don't find it ironic at all. Discipline has nothing to do with violence. Self discipline would go a long way in reducing the number of these tragedies, IMO.

I know kbl8201 none taken. I enjoy our exchanges.

Poor little thing. and If daddy of the year did this sort of thing regularly in baby's brief life that means she has been abused pretty much from the time she came home.

Posted on April 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Updated Wednesday, Apr 14 at 5:18 PM

SPOKANE -- There are new revelations in the abuse case of two month old Skyelynn Jamison. Online conversations are shedding light on what happened in the days leading up to the baby's hospitalization. The infant is expected to survive despite initial police reports which indicated a brain scan showed no activity.

The "Myspace" messages between the infant's mother, Kelsey Goble, and her father, Tyler Jamison, are candid and show at least Kelsey's suspicions over what her child's bruises could have been.

Tyler Jamison admits he choked and smothered his two month old baby for a month and a half of her life starting in March. According to the "Myspace" message left on Tyler's account by Kelsey, Skyelynn's mother was already worried.

Much more at link.

http://www.krem.com/news/Internet-conversations-shed-more-light-on-infant-abuse-90889829.html

Tyler Jamison is being held at the Spokane County Jail on $200,000 bail. He has been charged with 1st Degree Child Assault/Grevious Bodily Harm.

what a .

you know, a litte off topic, but about the baby 'having no brain activity' and suddenly she is expected to survive.......

a few years ago in boston, there was a case of a girl in cps/dcfs/whatever it is here custody who was beaten badly by her foster 'dad' to the point that her brain activity was supposedly nil. cps/dcfc, in a hurry to get rid of there dirty little secret, went to court to get her removed from life support.

the funny thing is, when they removed the respirator she started breathing on her own. within days she was in rehab. no one knows how much she's recovered, but apperently to the point she told prosecutors exactly what the did to her.

what a .

you know, a litte off topic, but about the baby 'having no brain activity' and suddenly she is expected to survive.......

a few years ago in boston, there was a case of a girl in cps/dcfs/whatever it is here custody who was beaten badly by her foster 'dad' to the point that her brain activity was supposedly nil. cps/dcfc, in a hurry to get rid of there dirty little secret, went to court to get her removed from life support.

the funny thing is, when they removed the respirator she started breathing on her own. within days she was in rehab. no one knows how much she's recovered, but apperently to the point she told prosecutors exactly what the did to her.

Makes me really worry about families being told their loved ones are brain dead.......what if they decided to donate their organs and there is a possibility the person might have recovered?!:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back