720 users online (103 members and 617 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.04.08 - Tommy's polygraph (1)

Tommy's polygraph.
    Last edited by Kimster; 04-09-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: duplicate moved it wrong.

2010.04.08 - Tommy's polygraph

So, how did it go?
    We don’t know exactly…just that attorney James Werter of St. Augustine, Fla. told me earlier he’d scheduled a polygraph Thursday morning, April 8, for client Tommy Croslin who had long requested, a sock-it-to-me lie detector test to clear up any allegations made by sister Misty that he’d come to the trailer with a cousin from Tennessee hours before she reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing Feb. 10, 2009.
    Calls to Werter weren’t returned by press time, but he did send me this text:
    “I no longer represent Tommy Croslin on issues regarding Haleigh Cummings. I continue to represent him in his criminal cases.”
    We’re not quite sure what that means, but have to ask why a lawyer who was so upbeat about his client’s claim he had no knowledge about what happened to Haleigh says he’s no longer repping Croslin the same day sources tell us Tommy actually took the polygraph as planned?
    Many legal experts say they’d expect an attorney to shout, “HE PASSED!” from the rooftops, if he had. But the silence is deafening. Polygraphs are merely law enforcement tools not admissable in court, but criminal lawyers also find them useful. If police request a client submit to a polygraph, attorneys often set up their own for feedback about whether they should allow it.
    In an exclusive interview, Lindsay Croslin said she was also baffled why husband Tommy, behind bars in St. John’s County Jail county charged with one count of drug trafficking, didn’t mention the polygraph to her when they spoke on Thursday. But she said she plans to ask him, and saw nothing suspicious or sinister in the omission.
    Her husband’s polygraph was expected to also focus on the story his sister has been telling.

eta-more on the story at link

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/09/...aph/#more-4105
    Last edited by Kimster; 04-09-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Changed date format

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Interesting Twall. His lawyer quit after he took the test? Wowzers... will these be released to the public or does Tommy have control over that?

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

Oopsydaisy.

Supposing the lawyer quit represenging him because he failed, and supposing he failed because he lied, and supposing he lied because he knows what happened to Haleigh, insisting on taking a polygraph to clear his name seems like an extremely stupid thing to do after what happened to his sister after she insisted on taking a polygraph to clear her name.

Don't they ever learn?

The only people who take polygraphs voluntarily are fools and the desparate.

Another interesting snip of the article:

“Don’t call back!” said a young man Thursday night, slamming down the phone when we called his mother’s house in Nashville to ask Joe Overstreet for comment.

But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Oopsydaisy.

Supposing the lawyer quit represenging him because he failed, and supposing he failed because he lied, and supposing he lied because he knows what happened to Haleigh, insisting on taking a polygraph to clear his name seems like an extremely stupid thing to do after what happened to his sister after she insisted on taking a polygraph to clear her name.

Don't they ever learn?

Donjeta,

NO

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    So, how did it go?
    We don’t know exactly…just that attorney James Werter of St. Augustine, Fla. told me earlier he’d scheduled a polygraph Thursday morning, April 8, for client Tommy Croslin who had long requested, a sock-it-to-me lie detector test to clear up any allegations made by sister Misty that he’d come to the trailer with a cousin from Tennessee hours before she reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing Feb. 10, 2009.
    Calls to Werter weren’t returned by press time, but he did send me this text:
    “I no longer represent Tommy Croslin on issues regarding Haleigh Cummings. I continue to represent him in his criminal cases.”
    We’re not quite sure what that means, but have to ask why a lawyer who was so upbeat about his client’s claim he had no knowledge about what happened to Haleigh says he’s no longer repping Croslin the same day sources tell us Tommy actually took the polygraph as planned?
    Many legal experts say they’d expect an attorney to shout, “HE PASSED!” from the rooftops, if he had. But the silence is deafening. Polygraphs are merely law enforcement tools not admissable in court, but criminal lawyers also find them useful. If police request a client submit to a polygraph, attorneys often set up their own for feedback about whether they should allow it.
    In an exclusive interview, Lindsay Croslin said she was also baffled why husband Tommy, behind bars in St. John’s County Jail county charged with one count of drug trafficking, didn’t mention the polygraph to her when they spoke on Thursday. But she said she plans to ask him, and saw nothing suspicious or sinister in the omission.
    Her husband’s polygraph was expected to also focus on the story his sister has been telling.

OMG!!! I didn't see this coming, did you? I didn't think Tommy was bright enough to pull this off, or to help pull this off. For some strange reason I feel really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemew View Post
    Interesting Twall. His lawyer quit after he took the test? Wowzers... will these be released to the public or does Tommy have control over that?
    I highly doubt it will be released due to attorney/client privledge unless Tommy gives the ok. The polygraph administrator is bound by it, too, and will not comment.
    I am curious to know if LE has access to the results. If not, I'm sure all they would have to do is get a subpoena.

Fully realizing AH is all about sensationalism in his reporting and always has been concerning this case, how do we know Tommy failed? Could be he passed and doesn't need representation concerning Haleigh..JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Another interesting snip of the article:

I guess that means no comment?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    I highly doubt it will be released due to attorney/client privledge unless Tommy gives the ok. The polygraph administrator is bound by it, too, and will not comment.
    I am curious to know if LE has access to the results. If not, I'm sure all they would have to do is get a subpoena.
    i jsut wonder though, if polys aren't admissible in court, and LE uses them as "tools" would LE be able to subpoena them? would that be considered evidence in LE's eyes? How does that work?
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemew View Post

My understanding is his lawyer is still representing him in his criminal cases.....

Quote Originally Posted by lil momma View Post
    i jsut wonder though, if polys aren't admissible in court, and LE uses them as "tools" would LE be able to subpoena them? would that be considered evidence in LE's eyes? How does that work?
    I don't know-that is a great question for the ask a lawyer thread!

This could also mean he was cleared and there is no reason to represent Tommy in the Haleigh Cummings case.

I dunno...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast