2010.04.08 - Tommy's polygraph (1)

So, how did it go?
We don’t know exactly…just that attorney James Werter of St. Augustine, Fla. told me earlier he’d scheduled a polygraph Thursday morning, April 8, for client Tommy Croslin who had long requested, a sock-it-to-me lie detector test to clear up any allegations made by sister Misty that he’d come to the trailer with a cousin from Tennessee hours before she reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing Feb. 10, 2009.
Calls to Werter weren’t returned by press time, but he did send me this text:
“I no longer represent Tommy Croslin on issues regarding Haleigh Cummings. I continue to represent him in his criminal cases.”
We’re not quite sure what that means, but have to ask why a lawyer who was so upbeat about his client’s claim he had no knowledge about what happened to Haleigh says he’s no longer repping Croslin the same day sources tell us Tommy actually took the polygraph as planned?
Many legal experts say they’d expect an attorney to shout, “HE PASSED!” from the rooftops, if he had. But the silence is deafening. Polygraphs are merely law enforcement tools not admissable in court, but criminal lawyers also find them useful. If police request a client submit to a polygraph, attorneys often set up their own for feedback about whether they should allow it.
In an exclusive interview, Lindsay Croslin said she was also baffled why husband Tommy, behind bars in St. John’s County Jail county charged with one count of drug trafficking, didn’t mention the polygraph to her when they spoke on Thursday. But she said she plans to ask him, and saw nothing suspicious or sinister in the omission.
Her husband’s polygraph was expected to also focus on the story his sister has been telling.

eta-more on the story at link

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/09/exclusive-did-tommy-croslin-pass-polygraph/#more-4105

Interesting Twall. His lawyer quit after he took the test? Wowzers... will these be released to the public or does Tommy have control over that?

Oopsydaisy.

Supposing the lawyer quit represenging him because he failed, and supposing he failed because he lied, and supposing he lied because he knows what happened to Haleigh, insisting on taking a polygraph to clear his name seems like an extremely stupid thing to do after what happened to his sister after she insisted on taking a polygraph to clear her name.

Don't they ever learn?

The only people who take polygraphs voluntarily are fools and the desparate.

Oopsydaisy.

Supposing the lawyer quit represenging him because he failed, and supposing he failed because he lied, and supposing he lied because he knows what happened to Haleigh, insisting on taking a polygraph to clear his name seems like an extremely stupid thing to do after what happened to his sister after she insisted on taking a polygraph to clear her name.

Don't they ever learn?

Donjeta,

NO

So, how did it go?
We don’t know exactly…just that attorney James Werter of St. Augustine, Fla. told me earlier he’d scheduled a polygraph Thursday morning, April 8, for client Tommy Croslin who had long requested, a sock-it-to-me lie detector test to clear up any allegations made by sister Misty that he’d come to the trailer with a cousin from Tennessee hours before she reported five year old Haleigh Cummings missing Feb. 10, 2009.
Calls to Werter weren’t returned by press time, but he did send me this text:
“I no longer represent Tommy Croslin on issues regarding Haleigh Cummings. I continue to represent him in his criminal cases.”
We’re not quite sure what that means, but have to ask why a lawyer who was so upbeat about his client’s claim he had no knowledge about what happened to Haleigh says he’s no longer repping Croslin the same day sources tell us Tommy actually took the polygraph as planned?
Many legal experts say they’d expect an attorney to shout, “HE PASSED!” from the rooftops, if he had. But the silence is deafening. Polygraphs are merely law enforcement tools not admissable in court, but criminal lawyers also find them useful. If police request a client submit to a polygraph, attorneys often set up their own for feedback about whether they should allow it.
In an exclusive interview, Lindsay Croslin said she was also baffled why husband Tommy, behind bars in St. John’s County Jail county charged with one count of drug trafficking, didn’t mention the polygraph to her when they spoke on Thursday. But she said she plans to ask him, and saw nothing suspicious or sinister in the omission.
Her husband’s polygraph was expected to also focus on the story his sister has been telling.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/09/exclusive-did-tommy-croslin-pass-polygraph/#more-4105

OMG!!! I didn't see this coming, did you? I didn't think Tommy was bright enough to pull this off, or to help pull this off. For some strange reason I feel really bad.

Interesting Twall. His lawyer quit after he took the test? Wowzers... will these be released to the public or does Tommy have control over that?

I highly doubt it will be released due to attorney/client privledge unless Tommy gives the ok. The polygraph administrator is bound by it, too, and will not comment.
I am curious to know if LE has access to the results. If not, I'm sure all they would have to do is get a subpoena.

Fully realizing AH is all about sensationalism in his reporting and always has been concerning this case, how do we know Tommy failed? Could be he passed and doesn't need representation concerning Haleigh..JMO

I highly doubt it will be released due to attorney/client privledge unless Tommy gives the ok. The polygraph administrator is bound by it, too, and will not comment.
I am curious to know if LE has access to the results. If not, I'm sure all they would have to do is get a subpoena.

i jsut wonder though, if polys aren't admissible in court, and LE uses them as "tools" would LE be able to subpoena them? would that be considered evidence in LE's eyes? How does that work?

My understanding is his lawyer is still representing him in his criminal cases.....

i jsut wonder though, if polys aren't admissible in court, and LE uses them as "tools" would LE be able to subpoena them? would that be considered evidence in LE's eyes? How does that work?

I don't know-that is a great question for the ask a lawyer thread!

This could also mean he was cleared and there is no reason to represent Tommy in the Haleigh Cummings case.

I dunno...

Fully realizing AH is all about sensationalism in his reporting and always has been concerning this case, how do we know Tommy failed? Could be he passed and doesn't need representation concerning Haleigh..JMO

I really hope you are correct. I am not going to form a did Tommy pass or fail opinion based on one article by AH. I'm not trying to be hypocritical because when AH reported the failure of Misty's last test we already had the info. about her previous failures so it was much easier for me to form an opinion based on those KWIM? JMO

Sorry, didn't see your post. I basically said the same thing Em. Had Tommy failed, what criminal attorney would pass up the chance to represent his client in a nationally, sensationalized murder case?

Also, once the attorney ceases to represent Tommy in anything concerning Haleigh Cummings, the clock stops running as far as attorney's fees (not that I know this man is getting paid anyway).

I really hope you are correct. I am not going to form a did Tommy pass or fail opinion based on one article by AH. I'm not trying to be hypocritical because when AH reported the failure of Misty's last test we already had the info. about her previous failures so it was much easier for me to form an opinion based on those KWIM? JMO

Me either, I don't know, but I do know AH is all about sensationalism rather than straight up reporting...JMO

I don't know for sure whether he passed or failed either, but I'm certain of one thing. If I passed a polygraph test in a high profile case, and my attorney didn't immediately call a press conference to announce it to the world, he wouldn't need to worry about quitting.

I would have already settled the representation issue for him.

If TC was pleased with the results we all know how much he professes his love for Lindsy....he could at least said I took the test but can't talk about it. I find it odd LC did not have a clue about the test being administered That statement is more alarming to me than the attorney saying he only represents his client with this (current) criminal case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back