1036 users online (215 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Pitbulls chew off baby's scrotum while mom visits boyfriend

Link

Dogs Chew Off 6-Month-Old Baby's Testicles in California

Friday, April 09, 2010

A 6-month-old baby had his testicles chewed off by two large dogs while he was left strapped in his baby carrier alone in a California apartment, CBS2.com reported Thursday.

Carrie McKinney, 22, was visiting her boyfriend Doug Ritchey’s apartment and left her son in his car seat on the floor. After leaving the room, Ritchey’s two pit bulls tore through the baby’s diaper and chewed off his scrotum.

Police said the baby was taken to a local hospital and then to Loma Linda University Medical Center for surgery—but they were unsuccessful in trying to save his testicles.

McKinney could face charges of criminal neglect, and has lost custody of her son temporarily to Child Protective Services. Both pit bulls are scheduled to be euthanized.

There should be no temporary loss of custody on this one. Why the hell do you leave a child on the floor with two pit bulls in the house?

Click here to read more from CBS2.com

OMG !! This poor child , she is real lucky he is still alive .... What in the he** were they doing that she left him alone ? I just can't believe this , I just can't believe this !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

So... Can we strap Mommy-Dearest down to a chair and let the same dogs chomp out her ovaries??? That seems almost fair to me... At least then she wouldn't be able to have any more children and subject them to this kind of never-ending terror.

Sorry... I think I am just in "a mood" today...

'temporarry' what? she left her 6 month baby alone with two pit bulls while she went out and....

permaent loss of custody should be the least of her problmes

awww that poor baby

I can't stand mom's that put a man before their childrens well being. I hope she never regains custody! Its shocking she left her baby alone & with 2 dogs..... That poor baby is going to have to live with her dumbass mistake for the rest of his life.

I HOPE THAT MAN WAS WORTH IT STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by kaylenbabysims View Post
    awww that poor baby

I can't stand mom's that put a man before their childrens well being. I hope she never regains custody! Its shocking she left her baby alone & with 2 dogs..... That poor baby is going to have to live with her dumbass mistake for the rest of his life.

I HOPE THAT MAN WAS WORTH IT STUPID
    Agreed! And if I hear one more "moron" say -- Oh, my pit bull is soooo sweet, would never hurt a fly. This just goes to show. No, I don't want to start a pit bull debate, but let me tell ya, babies and pit bulls do not mix. Did the evil dogs get put down? I hope so.

As far as custody, she should lose it permantly!

MOO

Mel

Just how high was this momster that she didn't hear what I can only assume were screams coming from this child??

Oh my God how absolutely horrifying. That poor, poor baby. The pain and terror he went through are unimaginable.

Yeah people like that tick me off too. I'm really over protective. I don't trust ANY DOG! Some of the nastiest ones I have came across aren't even the big ones.

Oh for cryin out loud. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I swear, you need a license to drive, I sometimes wish there was such a thing as a license to practice parenting. This is just so sad, and so preventable. I mean sheesh.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

WTH??!!!!!

She should be euthanized right along with those savage mutts of hers. Good lord.

Would a dog be especially prone to tear off a diaper and chew a baby's diaper area? Just makes me a little suspicious when I hear of a supposed dog attack that happens in this manner. Wouldn't a vicious dog just attack the face, hands, or legs rather than targeting in on one specific area of anatomy that must have clothes/coverings torn off to get to? The article doesn't say if the baby had any other injuries.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzieCat View Post
    Would a dog be especially prone to tear off a diaper and chew a baby's diaper area? Just makes me a little suspicious when I hear of a supposed dog attack that happens in this manner. Wouldn't a vicious dog just attack the face, hands, or legs rather than targeting in on one specific area of anatomy that must have clothes/coverings torn off to get to? The article doesn't say if the baby had any other injuries.
    Not if the child's dipaer was soiled. Dogs enjoy poop. Simple fact. When my kids were in diapers I had to get a heavy duty garbage can with tight lid to keep the dogs from eating the poo diapers and spreading them about the house. Dogs can be kinda nasty in that way.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    Just how high was this momster that she didn't hear what I can only assume were screams coming from this child??
    she wasnt there

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Not if the child's dipaer was soiled. Dogs enjoy poop. Simple fact. When my kids were in diapers I had to get a heavy duty garbage can with tight lid to keep the dogs from eating the poo diapers and spreading them about the house. Dogs can be kinda nasty in that way.
    That's true. I've had firsthand experience with poop-eating dogs myself, although it's been a few years. I guess I just never heard of a dog tearing off a child's diaper to get at it.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast