788 users online (98 members and 690 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    417

    Brown Haired Girl Wearing Headphones

    OK, we don't seem to have a thread for this girl, so here goes.


    Does anyone recognize the books on the shelf behind her? It looks like a multi-volume set of some sort.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern Ohio
    Posts
    104
    Thank you for starting a thread for her. To me they look more like the boxes old reel to reel tapes came in for stereos.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    I don't recognize them.

    But I have to say, her breasts look very elevated in one of those photos, compared to her posture. Either she is freakishly built or someone/something is holding them up and out. She could be wearing a strapless bra I suppose.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Thank you for starting a thread for her. To me they look more like the boxes old reel to reel tapes came in for stereos.
    You're right. I looked at the Nancy Grace large version and I can make out a finger cutout for opening them. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Thanks from me as well, Bargle for starting this thread.

    This makes me wonder as have many of the headphone pictures if he didn't use acoustics as a weapon. Sure, the girls look seemingly relaxed in some of the pictures, but what gives with the headphones? That coupled with the helmet and the girl with the hat on while naked? Something is up with that I think.

    Sorry, to hijak. Just thinking out loud. Also, who developed all these photographs? Did Alcala have a dark room? I have a link although it's about war it explains music as torture.


    http://www.sibetrans.com/trans/trans10/cusick_eng.htm

    This woman should be so easy to identify one would think. She's to me stunningly beautiful. Sadly she's on that da*n blue matress thingie. So sad.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    80
    Quite a few were taken at this place... gives a little more of the surroundings

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...323273/44.html

    Also numbers 46,47,50

    I found 3 more of this same place on this thread http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocre...kz3dso0069.jpg
    Last edited by Cupcakeslayer; 04-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247





    She looks a bit like Cynthia Gooding to me. She went missing in Florida Sept 1974. According to the timeline Alcala was out on bail in California at the time but there wouldn't have been much time for them to meet before he was rearrested unless they met later in the seventies when he was out again.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/218dffl.html

    Cynthia Gooding went missing with friend Teresa Alfonso, 12.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2dffl.html
    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-12-2010 at 01:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Thanks from me as well, Bargle for starting this thread.

    This makes me wonder as have many of the headphone pictures if he didn't use acoustics as a weapon. Sure, the girls look seemingly relaxed in some of the pictures, but what gives with the headphones? That coupled with the helmet and the girl with the hat on while naked? Something is up with that I think.

    Sorry, to hijak. Just thinking out loud. Also, who developed all these photographs? Did Alcala have a dark room? I have a link although it's about war it explains music as torture.


    http://www.sibetrans.com/trans/trans10/cusick_eng.htm

    This woman should be so easy to identify one would think. She's to me stunningly beautiful. Sadly she's on that da*n blue matress thingie. So sad.
    As far as we know, the police found negatives in the storage locker; we presume the police printed and scanned the photos they released.

    I'm not sure what you mean about "what gives with the headphones." They're listening to his high-end stereo. A lot of parents at the time said bands like Jefferson Airplane and Led Zeppelin sounded like somebody being tortured, but they didn't mean it quite literally...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    Is this her?




    Including these for the background.

    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-21-2010 at 05:57 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    417
    If you mean, is it the same girl as in the bottom 2 photos, I'd say yes.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    Where are these new pictures coming from???

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Where are these new pictures coming from???
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/r...ZO?photo_num=5


    http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-alcala...5.photogallery

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Bumping for 2012. If you are reading this and know anything about the identity of this person, please contact Huntington Beach Police Detective Patrick Ellis at 714-375-5066.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    648
    These photos i am almost sure are taken at the same place as http://seattletimes.com/html/photoga...323273/50.html. The pictures on the wall seems different. But the portrait and the black and white photo are the same
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein
    :

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by UKgirl View Post
    These photos i am almost sure are taken at the same place as http://seattletimes.com/html/photoga...323273/50.html. The pictures on the wall seems different. But the portrait and the black and white photo are the same
    Yes, agreed. It is speculated by some that this is in his New York apartment, year unknown.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Squinting dark haired girl
    By Daphne1972 in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 07:01 AM
  2. Short haired blond girl
    By Billylee in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 09:25 PM
  3. Found Alive Black Haired Girl with double ponytails
    By Ninka in forum Alcala UID FOUND ALIVE
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 02:54 AM
  4. Singing Girl in Headphones
    By Billylee in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 10:22 PM
  5. Blond haired girl lying on carpet
    By Billylee in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 02:02 AM