1009 users online (172 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Steven Stayner & Timothy White abducted by Kenneth Parnell

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) - Timothy White, the youngest victim and last survivor of a notorious California kidnapping saga, has died. He was 35.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/new...100409_6996300

Ugh...how sad! I'm glad he was able to help others with his career choice!

How sad to go through such a terrifying ordeal and then to die young. Odd how both passed away at young ages, almost like a curse.

Link with a photo of a grown up "Timmy" may him and Steven both rest in peace.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-H...nor-dead-at-35

This is one of the saddest cases ever. I remember when it all unfolded. Now both victims have died tragically young.

Tragedy indeed AND a miscarriage of justice IMO. Parnell served 5 years, shorter than the time he held Stayner captive.

How terribly sad!

RIP Timothy

RIH Parnell

Tim White worked as a contractor in Southern California before joining the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department in 2005. He lived in Pine Mountain with his wife, Dena, and their two children, Hannah, 13, and Lukas, 11. He's also survived by his mother, Angela Gitlin, father, James White, and his sister, Nicole Nixon.
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS?p=1&tc=pg
    Sad that he died 30 years and one month to the date of his rescue. This has been a story that troubled me since seeing "I know My First Name is Steven" and when it was brought up again after what Stayner's brother did. I hope Timothy led a good life and put his kidnapping behind him the best he could. A tragic ending all around to this story and all involved and Parnell was barely punished.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    Tim White worked as a contractor in Southern California before joining the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department in 2005. He lived in Pine Mountain with his wife, Dena, and their two children, Hannah, 13, and Lukas, 11. He's also survived by his mother, Angela Gitlin, father, James White, and his sister, Nicole Nixon.
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS?p=1&tc=pg
    Sad that he died 30 years and one month to the date of his rescue. This has been a story that troubled me since seeing "I know My First Name is Steven" and when it was brought up again after what Stayner's brother did. I hope Timothy led a good life and put his kidnapping behind him the best he could. A tragic ending all around to this story and all involved and Parnell was barely punished.
    I just finished watching the movie on you tube and crying my eyes out. Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.

Steven is one of the bravest heroes ever. Bless you both Steven and Timmy.

RIP Timmy and Steven. How sad, this story always touched me. I am shocked today to see that Timmy has passed away so young too. It is great that he did something with his life and became a police officer. How many people he must have helped over the years.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

One of the saddest things i have ever heard. What a great loss for his family. As a mother I can not imagine the grief she has endured over the years. RIP Timmy

I am so sorry to learn of Timmy White's passing. First, poor Steven Stayner was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident and now Timmy White -- they died too young. God bless them. I wonder if there is a memorial page or a guest book.

Here is the link for the Legacy Guest Book for Timmy White -- I hope I have posted it correctly.

http://www.legacy.com/GB2/Default.as...10037480100963

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    . Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.

Since the news broke about his brother, I have wondered if Cary had something to do with Steven and his hit and run. Of course there is no proof, but I have my suspicions.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-15-2016 at 05:16 AM. Reason: broken quote

Considering the guy who was involved in the accident got sentenced to 90 days I would say it's pretty clear what happened.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast