CA - Steven Stayner & Timothy White abducted by Kenneth Parnell

Ugh...how sad! I'm glad he was able to help others with his career choice!

How sad to go through such a terrifying ordeal and then to die young. Odd how both passed away at young ages, almost like a curse.

This is one of the saddest cases ever. I remember when it all unfolded. Now both victims have died tragically young.

Tragedy indeed AND a miscarriage of justice IMO. Parnell served 5 years, shorter than the time he held Stayner captive.

How terribly sad!

RIP Timothy

RIH Parnell

Tim White worked as a contractor in Southern California before joining the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department in 2005. He lived in Pine Mountain with his wife, Dena, and their two children, Hannah, 13, and Lukas, 11. He's also survived by his mother, Angela Gitlin, father, James White, and his sister, Nicole Nixon.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100408/ARTICLES/100409545/1033/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg
Sad that he died 30 years and one month to the date of his rescue. This has been a story that troubled me since seeing "I know My First Name is Steven" and when it was brought up again after what Stayner's brother did. I hope Timothy led a good life and put his kidnapping behind him the best he could. A tragic ending all around to this story and all involved and Parnell was barely punished.

Tim White worked as a contractor in Southern California before joining the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department in 2005. He lived in Pine Mountain with his wife, Dena, and their two children, Hannah, 13, and Lukas, 11. He's also survived by his mother, Angela Gitlin, father, James White, and his sister, Nicole Nixon.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100408/ARTICLES/100409545/1033/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg
Sad that he died 30 years and one month to the date of his rescue. This has been a story that troubled me since seeing "I know My First Name is Steven" and when it was brought up again after what Stayner's brother did. I hope Timothy led a good life and put his kidnapping behind him the best he could. A tragic ending all around to this story and all involved and Parnell was barely punished.

I just finished watching the movie on you tube and crying my eyes out. Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.

Steven is one of the bravest heroes ever. Bless you both Steven and Timmy.

RIP Timmy and Steven. How sad, this story always touched me. I am shocked today to see that Timmy has passed away so young too. It is great that he did something with his life and became a police officer. How many people he must have helped over the years.

One of the saddest things i have ever heard. What a great loss for his family. As a mother I can not imagine the grief she has endured over the years. RIP Timmy

I am so sorry to learn of Timmy White's passing. First, poor Steven Stayner was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident and now Timmy White -- they died too young. God bless them. I wonder if there is a memorial page or a guest book.

. Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.

Since the news broke about his brother, I have wondered if Cary had something to do with Steven and his hit and run. Of course there is no proof, but I have my suspicions.

Considering the guy who was involved in the accident got sentenced to 90 days I would say it's pretty clear what happened.

What a sad story...

I am also once again appalled at the very light hand slap the monster Parnell got....geeze

RIP Timothy....gone too soon :(

. Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.QUOTE]

Since the news broke about his brother, I have wondered if Cary had something to do with Steven and his hit and run. Of course there is no proof, but I have my suspicions.

Can you elaborate on this? I am slightly confused.

RIP Tim and Steven.

I wonder if Steven Stayner's parents or family members attended the services?

This story really touched my heart. I remember watching the made for tv movie I know my first name is Steven as a young child and it having such an impact on me. Steven is a true hero for rescuing Timmy and may they both rest in peace. May that P.O.S Parnell rot in hell. I know that sex offending was guilty of other crimes including murder but I won't get into that because this is Timmy's thread.

Timmy you are with the angels now watching over your family and other missing children. May your family find peace and comfort in their time of immense grief. You were loved by so many who never even met you in person. I hope you are having an awesome time right now reuniting with Steven, other family members, friends, meeting God and learning of all the joys and great experiences in heaven right now. R.I.P

. Poor Steven, he suffered so much and then is killed by a hit and run driver at 24.QUOTE]

No. The man panicked and fled to Mexico then came back to face charges after a few days. He wound up working for Steven's widow and when she found out she call him into her office told him who she was and slipped an extra hundred dollar bill into his pay to show that she understood it was an accident and that she forgave him. What a classy lady Steven's wife, Jody, is.

It is Cary's uncle, Jesse "Jerry" Stayner, who was murdered on 12/26/90. Cary was living with Jesse and Jesse was found shot to death in his home. Cary denies this killing but it is probably the murderer of his uncle. Cary was the only one who provided details to the police about this uncle's death so who knows is he told them the truth or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back